Author Topic: Tax Reform for Security and Prosperity  (Read 430 times)

Offline aligncare

Tax Reform for Security and Prosperity
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »
By DONALD J. TRUMP
Updated Sept. 28, 2015 8:45 p.m. ET
396 COMMENTS

The first priority for the government of the United States should be to provide security for its people. That security includes removing uncertainty and making sure that the economic future of the country is assured through better deals, smarter trade agreements and tax policies that unburden the middle class and unleash the private sector.

My approach to tax policy will do just what needs to be done. For all Americans, the uncertainty and complexity of a tax code written for special interests and the very rich will be removed and a clear future will be available for all. My tax plan has several goals. Let me make it clear that this set of policies takes dead aim at eliminating deductions and loopholes available to special interests and the wealthy, as well as those deductions made redundant or unnecessary by the much-lower rates every person or business will be paying.

More:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQqQIwAGoVChMIoJTLn5ycyAIVB48NCh3RIQjP&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsj.com%2Farticles%2Ftax-reform-for-security-and-prosperity-1443485999&usg=AFQjCNFnNPs1xCVCJ2WDUQofoVgasWM5Tw&bvm=bv.103627116,d.eXY
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:34:38 pm by aligncare »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Tax Reform for Security and Prosperity
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »
The only tax reform we need is to pull the Marxist income tax system out by it's roots and replace it with the FAIRTAX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpWir4eDrs
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »

It appears that Trump took a look at many different tax plans currently and in past and pulled the best parts from each, including Reagan's tax reforms, for this reform package.

Seriously, Bigun, how likely do you think a fair tax plan will be enacted in any of our lifetimes? It will never happen in one fell swoop. It's going to take multiple steps over time to get there.

At least this is a step in the right direction.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
Para 3, hedge fund managers and carried interest.  Probably one in one hundred citizens know what those are.

Instead I would call this "gimmicks and loopholes for super rich Wall Street operators." The same types that crashed the economy in 2008, by the way.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »
Said this on a different thread...a serious plan and medicine for a stagnant economy.  He has positioned himself well in this area (which was a very strong area for him to begin with). Yes the Fair Tax would be wonderful cure for many of America's economic ills.  It is not going to be adopted in our lifetimes, Trump's plan has the advantage of being able to get out of the gate...though one does worry what the craven collection of criminals that is the U.S. Senate (excepting Cruz and Lee) will do with it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 06:24:28 pm »
Trump's plan has the advantage of being able to get out of the gate...though one does worry what the craven collection of criminals that is the U.S. Senate (excepting Cruz and Lee) will do with it.

Seems like Reagan called for the public to contact their representatives a couple of times and it was quite effective at getting their attention...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:38:10 pm »
Para 3, hedge fund managers and carried interest.  Probably one in one hundred citizens know what those are.

Instead I would call this "gimmicks and loopholes for super rich Wall Street operators." The same types that crashed the economy in 2008, by the way.

Not bad. That would be a good marketing approach.