Author Topic: Mother facing jail for stabbing paedophile to death  (Read 862 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Mother facing jail for stabbing paedophile to death
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:45:06 am »
A mother who stabbed her neighbour to death over child abuse allegations is facing jail.

Sarah Sands, 32, stabbed convicted paedophile Michael Pleasted, 77, to death after hearing about fresh allegations that he had molested three young boys.

She was cleared of murder but convicted of manslaughter by reason of loss of control at the Old Bailey and will be sentenced today by Judge Nicholas Cooke QC.

During the trial it emerged that Pleasted, who also went by the name of Robin Moult, had 24 previous convictions for sexual offences between 1970 and 1991.

He served sentences of between nine months and six years for indecent assault on boys and buggery.

At the time of his death, Pleasted was on bail awaiting trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on two charges of sexual assault on two children aged under 13. Police were investigating a further allegation he had abused a third boy.

On the evening of November 28 last year, Sands armed herself with a knife and went to his flat in Canning Town, east London, to confront him about the allegations.

After the ‘determined and sustained attack’, the victim crawled from his living room and collapsed in his hallway where he bled to death.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/29/mother-facing-jail-for-stabbing-paedophile-to-death-5411858/#ixzz3n7DLe9xV

Note - we don't have plea bargains here. They convicted her of the lowest charge they could in this case.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Mother facing jail for stabbing paedophile to death
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »
Woman who knifed paedophile to death set to be freed within months

Today Judge Nicholas Cooke QC sentenced her to three years and six months which would leave her eligible for release on an electronic tag within months.

Sands has been in custody since giving herself up shortly after the killing in November last year.

The judge stressed his sentence should not be seen “as giving the slightest encouragement to mob rule” and emphasised the “exceptional nature of this case.”

The single parent, described as a good mother, had shown kindness to Pleasted when he had moved into the area not realising that he was a convicted paedophile.

Under a previous name of Robin Moult, Pleasted had 24 previous convictions for sexual offences.

They included indecent assault on males both over and under 16, indecent assault on a male under 14 and a further sexual offence.

His criminal behaviour dated back to 1970 and served prison sentences ranging from nine months and six years.

But when he was arrested and charged with new offences against local children under the age of 13 he was released on bail by a district judge at Thames Magistrates Court.

Sands had been forced to move out of the area and live in what the judge described as “more suitable to the novels of Charles Dickens and Elizabeth Gaskell.”

The Old Bailey heard that Sands armed herself with a knife to visit Pleastead to persuade him to plead guilty and spare the young victims the ordeal of giving evidence in court.

When he smirked back at her and blamed them for causing his downfall she lost control.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/woman-who-knifed-paedophile-to-death-set-to-be-freed-within-months-a2958191.html

Our Justices are rarely blind. Thankfully.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:13:51 pm »
Was there an actual charge of "buggery" or is that like an English legal slang?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 01:16:58 pm »
It seems to me this guy would not have survived long in the US prison system.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:29:18 pm »
Was there an actual charge of "buggery" or is that like an English legal slang?

It's an actual charge - non-consensual sodomy, it usually stands for.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »
It seems to me this guy would not have survived long in the US prison system.

It's been awhile since I've heard any reports of pedophiles being murdered in prisons.  I don't think that happens as much as people think anymore. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 01:44:47 pm »
It's an actual charge - non-consensual sodomy, it usually stands for.

I was aware of the term.  Actually used the term once or twice as an exclamation of surprise or disbelief.  That's why I wasn't too sure if it was an exact legal term.  I guess it is, well I'll be buggered!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »
Today Judge Nicholas Cooke QC sentenced her to three years and six months which would leave her eligible for release on an electronic tag within months.
Now that sounds like justice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org