Author Topic: Cruz sternly rebuked by GOP  (Read 7203 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Cruz sternly rebuked by GOP
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 09:23:30 pm »
Well...he hasn't been there very long, he is fighting an entrenched and corrupted system, so I wouldn't expect him to have many "go along to get along" accomplishments.  Would you?

Sweet! This single comment makes you my brother (or sister) in arms!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »
That is one way to look at it.  Since every GOP Senator who ran for re-election in 2014 won, perhaps most voters disagree.

But, you are neglecting the part where most GOP voters are unhappy with their elected senators and feel betrayed. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »
Sweet! This single comment makes you my brother (or sister) in arms!

Well, thank you, I feel honored!

And, I'm a "sister".

Godzilla

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:40 pm »
And, that says a lot about the feckless no-accounts in the Senate.

One of the hallmarks of insanity is saying, "Everyone's crazy!  I'm the only sane person around!"

I'd say that if 98 out of 100 Senators are saying that Cruz is in the wrong, then he should look himself in the mirror and wonder if he actually is in the wrong.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 10:27:48 pm »
I'll pull the lever for the GOP nominee, Cruz included, but my first pick is Rubio now that Walker and Perry have dropped out.

I know quite a few people support Rubio, but I don't get it.  This kind of stuff doesn't look good:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/359207.php
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/29/hold-for-comment-marco-rubio-skips-critical-vote-to-fund-government-avoids-voting-to-fund-planned-parenthood/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 10:29:16 pm »
One of the hallmarks of insanity is saying, "Everyone's crazy!  I'm the only sane person around!"

I'd say that if 98 out of 100 Senators are saying that Cruz is in the wrong, then he should look himself in the mirror and wonder if he actually is in the wrong.

Well, that IS one way to make sure nothing positive ever gets done - work by consensus.

So, you're happy with what our senators are doing?  Shouldn't be changing anything?  All good inside the Beltway?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 10:35:06 pm »
Well, that IS one way to make sure nothing positive ever gets done - work by consensus.

So, you're happy with what our senators are doing?  Shouldn't be changing anything?  All good inside the Beltway?

:beer:

My arm held high with three fingers up (if you catch the reference)  :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »
But, you are neglecting the part where most GOP voters are unhappy with their elected senators and feel betrayed.
I'm not.  That whining is not new to this year.  It has been going on since at least 1988 when I became politically aware.
Those unhappy voters supported the many candidates who ran against the GOP leadership in the last primaries and lost.
Those unhappy voters are not a majority of GOP voters.

Our's is a country of laws.  The laws provide elections every 2, 4, and 6 years for the House, Presidency, and Senate.
The voters get the representation they vote for and re-elect time after time.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 10:46:34 pm »
I'm not.  That whining is not new to this year.  It has been going on since at least 1988 when I became politically aware.
Those unhappy voters supported the many candidates who ran against the GOP leadership in the last primaries and lost.

Our's is a country of laws.  The laws provide elections every 2, 4, and 6 years for the House, Presidency, and Senate.

1988. That was the year I became a citizen and voted for the first time for George HW Bush.

Let me ask you though, have you ever before seen three outsider candidates leading the GOP field?

No? Well what does that say to you?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »

If by "not a majority" you mean:

More than half (53 percent) of Republicans indicated that their party leaders are not keeping their campaign promises, compared to just 37 percent who say they are.  By comparison, in April 1995, 80 percent said the GOP leaders were keeping their promises.  During 2011, following the GOP’s House majority win, the keeping-your-promise metric was at 54 percent.
?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/poll_republican_voters_very_displeased_with_gopled_congress.html

There's a more recent poll, too, but I don't have time to run it down right now.

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 10:56:36 pm »
If by "not a majority" you mean:
?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/poll_republican_voters_very_displeased_with_gopled_congress.html

There's a more recent poll, too, but I don't have time to run it down right now.

Don't bother here is an older one from June 2013
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/23/majority-republicans-party-headed-wrong-direction.html
For the First Time Since 1994 A Majority of Republicans Are Dissatisfied With Their Party

That "majority" voted out who in 2014?

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2015, 11:08:53 pm »
1988. That was the year I became a citizen and voted for the first time for George HW Bush.

Let me ask you though, have you ever before seen three outsider candidates leading the GOP field?

No? Well what does that say to you?
Cain, Bachmann, and Santorum all ran as outsiders...hell even Speaker Gingrich said he was an outsider.  http://thehill.com/video/campaign/193615-former-speaker-gingrich-says-hes-a-washington-outsider  2 Governors (Gary Johnson, and Buddy Roehmer) who dropped out early and left the party to run as libertarian, and reform party candidates.

Believe what you want ac.  I'm not going to change your mind...just try not to be too disappointed when the real voting happens.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2015, 11:24:42 pm »
In polls a lot of voters will say they are unhappy with Congress, then vote to reelect their own representative and/or Senator.

It is a version of "I am Okay, You are Not"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2015, 11:30:15 pm »
Breitbart is going after Rubio now...Andrew would be sad to see what has become of his namesake.
It is above all else, an entertainment medium. If it bleeds, it leads. Politics has been turned into "Reality TV."

Trump knows what field he is playing on. The rest are mere amateurs by comparison.

Gentlemen like Perry, Walker, apparently Rubio are from an earlier era. They give bland political dissertations.

Trump gives sharp jabs to the ribs. Hey look, I am going to cut taxes. I am going to get tougher around the world. Take that.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 11:33:51 pm »
That is one way to look at it.  Since every GOP Senator who ran for re-election in 2014 won, perhaps most voters disagree.

And they all did that by running as conservatives didn't they?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »
It is above all else, an entertainment medium. If it bleeds, it leads. Politics has been turned into "Reality TV."

Trump knows what field he is playing on. The rest are mere amateurs by comparison.

Gentlemen like Perry, Walker, apparently Rubio are from an earlier era. They give bland political dissertations.

Trump gives sharp jabs to the ribs. Hey look, I am going to cut taxes. I am going to get tougher around the world. Take that.

Trump's "genius" sounds pathetic to my ears and I know I am not alone in that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:11 pm »
Breitbart is going after Rubio now...Andrew would be sad to see what has become of his namesake.

I sorta doubt it; I can picture Andrew confronting Rubio and asking him why he's betrayed his conservative voters and calling him on his apparent lack of understanding of American Constitutional government.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 11:47:49 pm »
Don't bother here is an older one from June 2013
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/23/majority-republicans-party-headed-wrong-direction.html
For the First Time Since 1994 A Majority of Republicans Are Dissatisfied With Their Party

That "majority" voted out who in 2014?

And, in most cases (McConnell excepted), their alternatives were democrats. 

But, riddle me this:  if Cruz is so unpopular among voters, why is his fundraising so high?

bkepley

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:44 pm »
I sorta doubt it; I can picture Andrew confronting Rubio and asking him why he's betrayed his conservative voters and calling him on his apparent lack of understanding of American Constitutional government.

Nope.  Breitbart was a neo-con or as some would say disparingly GOPe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »
Nope.  Breitbart was a neo-con or as some would say disparingly GOPe.
Say what?

bkepley

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 12:02:19 am »
Say what?

I said Andrew Breitbart was a neo-con and you can take it or leave it but I think proudly so.

Godzilla

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2015, 12:13:05 am »

Compromise *IS* the heart of any sort of republic.  Give a little, get a little.

Or as Mick Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes... you get what you need."

Godzilla

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2015, 12:15:37 am »
And, in most cases (McConnell excepted), their alternatives were democrats. 

But, riddle me this:  if Cruz is so unpopular among voters, why is his fundraising so high?

Who said fundraising was tied to popularity?  Or are you really saying that Bush is incredibly popular?!?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 12:21:52 am »
I said Andrew Breitbart was a neo-con and you can take it or leave it but I think proudly so.

Sorry, I really didn't understand.  I admired Breitbart.  I think, whatever the specifics of his political views, he despised mendacity.