Author Topic: Afghan official: The Taliban have captured the northern city of Kunduz  (Read 167 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Note: You need to read this from the bottom up as it's reverse chronological order. I'm afraid I don't love you all enough to edit it the correct way around.  :tongue2:

Afghan official: The Taliban have captured the northern city of Kunduz - @AP
End of alert
Afghanistan
10m
Afghan forces have left Kunduz, and the Taliban control the city. Officials say effort to retake city is coming, but it has fallen. - @DougSchorzman
See original on twitter.com
Konduz, Konduz, Afghanistan
52m
Doctors Without Borders says 66 patients, including 8 dead on arrival, 17 in critical condition, at hospital amid heavy fignting in Kunduz, Afghanistan - @MSF
54m
Taliban Chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour praises apparent conquest of Kunduz, Afghanistan, assures residents their lives and property will be protected - @NBCNews
Read more on nbcnews.com
Afghanistan
2h
Afghan Taliban says fighters have captured northern Kunduz goverbor's headquarters, now marching on airport - @Reuters
End of alert
3h
Taliban gunmen have seized more than half of the strategic Afghan northern city of Kunduz - @AP
End of alert
3h
Taliban forces have broken into main prison in Kunduz, Afghanistan, freeing hundreds of fighters, security officials say - @Reuters
End of alert
4h
Residents in Kunduz, Afghanistan, say mobile service has been cut off in several parts of the city - @bsarwary
End of alert
Afghanistan
4h
Afghan official: Taliban seize half of northern city of Kunduz in fierce battles with security forces - @AP
Read more on bigstory.ap.org
Afghanistan
5h
Afghan Taliban fighters push into Kunduz city center, close in on governor's compound, witness says - @Reuters
End of alert
Afghanistan
5h
Afghanistan's interior ministry spokesman says 25 Taliban fighters, 4 civilians and 2 police killed in ongoing Kunduz clashes - @1TVNewsAF
End of alert
Afghanistan
9h
Photo: Taliban fighters entered hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, and checked all rooms - @Sayed_Anwer
Afghanistan
9h
Taliban say they've seized 200-bed hospital, government buildings in Kunduz City in northern Afghanistan - @Reuters
End of alert
Afghanistan
11h
Afghan official: Taliban fighters stormed Kunduz from different directions - @AP
12h
Editor's note: In a story confirming a new Taliban attack on Kunduz City, Afghanistan Reuters says 'breaching a provincial capital would be a milestone in the nearly 14-year-old insurgency.' - Tom
End of note
Afghanistan
12h
The Taliban confirm they've relaunched their attack on Kunduz as reports come in of intense fighting between Talibans and Afghan soldiers - @alibomaye
Afghanistan
12h
Unconfirmed reports: UN and other NGOs international staff have left Kunduz, Afghanistan, after Taliban entered the city. - @HM_Kakar

Via http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/war-in-afghanistan-2015/

Taking a city, start to mop up, in 12 hours.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:56:01 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Afghan official: The Taliban have captured the northern city of Kunduz
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
Was this unexpected, or something everyone saw coming?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Afghan official: The Taliban have captured the northern city of Kunduz
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »
Unexpected at my end, at least.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink