Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528666 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #3100 on: November 09, 2022, 08:31:40 pm »
And with the most ridiculous stereotypes of femaleness. How many real women even come close to resembling the cartoonishness of this bloated nutjob in NH or the drag queens on TV?

Exactly.  They are not only coopting and colonizing what it means to be female, they are degrading it and invalidating it; reducing it to a mean caricature of the "painted lady" sort.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3101 on: November 15, 2022, 03:17:27 pm »
HelloFresh accused of using coconut milk obtained from monkey labor
By Kate Gibson
Updated on: November 14, 2022 / 4:35 PM / MoneyWatch
HelloFresh uses coconut milk obtained from monkey labor in Thailand, according to allegations from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which is calling for a boycott of the meal delivery service.

Monkeys are chained, whipped, beaten and forced to spend long hours picking coconuts, an investigation by PETA Asia alleges. Claims of animals abuse are alleged at 57 operations in nine provinces of Thailand, according to the findings released on Monday.

In a statement to CBS MoneyWatch, HelloFresh said the company receives written assurances from its suppliers that its coconuts are not procured using monkeys.  ...

Most of the monkeys are kidnapped from their families in nature, even though the species exploited by the coconut trade are threatened or endangered, according to the animal-welfare group. ...
CBS

But no objection to having your Nike shoes and clothing made by human slaves in China, I bet.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3102 on: November 15, 2022, 03:50:24 pm »
HelloFresh accused of using coconut milk obtained from monkey labor
By Kate Gibson
Updated on: November 14, 2022 / 4:35 PM / MoneyWatch CBS

But no objection to having your Nike shoes and clothing made by human slaves in China, I bet.

Are we sure this isn't some Babylon Bee article?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3103 on: November 25, 2022, 01:41:51 pm »
W.Va. woman is not quite "Florida man," but we'll get there eventually.
W.Va. woman dies after stealing ambulance from hospital, authorities say
By The Associated Press
WFSB
Published: Nov. 24, 2022 at 6:02 PM EST|Updated: 14 hours ago

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia woman died Thanksgiving Day after she stole an ambulance from a capital city hospital emergency room and crashed it into the Kanawha River, authorities said.

Elizabeth Reed of Hinton was a patient at Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital when she took Cedar Grove Volunteer Fire Department Ambulance Unit 64 just after 12:30 a.m., Charleston Police Department officials said in a news release. Reed then began driving toward Kanawha Boulevard.

Five minutes later, she struck a concrete barrier near Chesapeake Avenue and went over the embankment into the Kanawha River, police said. ...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3104 on: November 25, 2022, 04:38:27 pm »
W.Va. woman is not quite "Florida man," but we'll get there eventually.
Really don't care that some whack a doodle offed her self, the sad thing about this story is an ambulance removed from service and how many people will be affected by slower response times.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3105 on: November 25, 2022, 05:11:11 pm »
Really don't care that some whack a doodle offed her self, the sad thing about this story is an ambulance removed from service and how many people will be affected by slower response times.
The fire department that owns the ambulance is in my father's very tiny hometown, too. I'd be surprised if they have another in service.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3106 on: February 11, 2023, 12:27:52 am »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3107 on: February 11, 2023, 06:43:32 pm »

@mountaineer

He "had no idea how it got there" translates into "I will see you later."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3108 on: February 11, 2023, 08:30:31 pm »
Before I die I just want to see an x-ray of someone's boot up an ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #3109 on: February 11, 2023, 08:37:51 pm »

A good place to start:

https://radiopaedia.org/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3110 on: February 11, 2023, 10:45:40 pm »
@mountaineer

He "had no idea how it got there" translates into "I will see you later."
Well, at least the gerbil got away... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3111 on: February 11, 2023, 11:31:43 pm »
One in a million chance, doc.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3112 on: March 05, 2023, 10:33:27 pm »
The California Reparations Commission has recommended upping reparations from $220,000 to every black Californian
to $360,000.  This will "help them stop stealing" say the racist Commission Cultists.
What about poor white trash, hmmm?  Don't care if they keep on stealing?
Chinese immigrants and their offspring were discriminated against until the end of World War II.
The Chinese Exclusionary Act was not repealed until after the war.
Japanese and Germans were imprisoned during WWII.  No money for them, sorry.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3113 on: March 12, 2023, 10:58:30 pm »
Man shoots himself in the balls after being caught relieving himself by police

Another day, and yet another example of karma working its wicked way once again.

A man who was caught urinating in the street accidentally shot himself in the privates while attempting to get rid of a gun he was carrying.

Javier Thomas, 26, was caught relieving himself in a Brooklyn street in the early hours of Saturday, and immediately attempted to throw away his 9-mm Glock pistol.

But he was left in agony when he accidentally pulled the trigger and shot himself in the privates, police said.

Thomas was taken to Kings County Hospital with a non-life threatening wound, and was later arrested on charges of weapon possession and reckless endangerment.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/28/man-shoots-himself-in-the-balls-after-being-caught-relieving-himself-by-police-5411260/

@EC

Has to be tough to buy a 9mm Glock in London.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3114 on: April 25, 2023, 12:35:31 pm »
American Airlines passenger urinates on another traveler during flight from JFK: reports
By Allie Griffin   
April 25, 2023 2:36am
A rowdy American Airlines passenger urinated on another traveler aboard a flight from New York to Delhi over the weekend.

The man, who was reportedly drunk and “unruly,” was arrested after Flight 292 out of JFK Airport landed at the Delhi airport around 9 p.m. Sunday, New Delhi Television reported.

American Airlines confirmed that a disruption happened on the flight in a statement but spared the stomach-turning details.

“American Airlines flight 292 with service from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) was met by local law enforcement upon arrival in DEL due to a disruption on board,” the company told local outlets. ...
NY Post

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3115 on: April 25, 2023, 12:38:53 pm »
Why are today's wacky stories urine-related? Eww.
Pensioner urinating on a train track is killed by a flying cow that was hit by a carriage and flung 100ft through the air
    Another man had been standing nearby the tracks and only narrowly avoided being struck by the flying animal
By Rohan Gupta
Published: 08:32 EDT, 23 April 2023 | Updated: 04:40 EDT, 24 April 2023

Shivdayal Sharma, 82, died immediately after being struck by a flying cow which was hit and flung 100 feet into the air by an express train.

Sharma had been urinating on the track in the region of Alwar, India, when the freak incident occurred. ...

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced that measures such as garbage and vegetation removal had begun to cull the cows.

The incident caused many officials to rally for improved regulation on the train route, which sees a lot of cow incidents on its tracks. ...
Daily Mail

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3116 on: April 25, 2023, 01:22:23 pm »
Why are today's wacky stories urine-related? Eww.Daily Mail

Killed by a sacred cow!.  How Ironic.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3117 on: April 25, 2023, 01:39:54 pm »

There is animation of the Richard Gere event......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #3118 on: April 25, 2023, 01:49:09 pm »
There is animation of the Richard Gere event......

:beer:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3119 on: April 25, 2023, 03:43:11 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online corbe

« Reply #3120 on: April 25, 2023, 09:51:03 pm »
Police: Man tried to steal Bremerton fast ferry for upcoming ‘revolution’

By L.B. GILBERT, MyNorthwest Content Editor
April 25, 2023 at 12:18 pm PDT

BREMERTON, Wash. — Police in Bremerton arrested a man Sunday who illegally boarded an out-of-service fast ferry and allegedly tried to steal it.

A woman and her two kids were waiting for a ferry to Seattle and watched from nearby as the man pushed buttons in the wheelhouse.

A ferry captain on a different ferry saw the man on the fast ferry and alerted authorities.

Bremerton Police spokesperson Aaron Elton says the man is in his 40s and told police a revolution was coming, and that’s why he needed to take the boat.

The man faces charges of burglary, theft, malicious mischief, and unlawful transit conduct.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3121 on: April 25, 2023, 09:58:38 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3122 on: April 25, 2023, 11:47:20 pm »
Why are today's wacky stories urine-related? Eww.Daily Mail
Question, is getting killed by a cow in India considered having a religious experience?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3123 on: April 26, 2023, 12:03:47 am »
Nature abhors a vacuum.

@andy58-in-nh

Is it just me,or is there  also a cowboy boot up there?

If the boot doesn't have  spurs on it,he's a wuss and will never be popular in NYC or Hollywood.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3124 on: May 15, 2023, 11:09:57 pm »
DUI suspect in Colorado reportedly tried to switch seats with his dog when pulled over by police
By Tony Keith
Published: May. 15, 2023 at 1:59 PM EDT|Updated: 5 hours ago

SPRINGFIELD, Colo. (KKTV) - It appears a man suspected of DUI in Colorado was trying to get out of the charges by putting his dog behind the wheel of the car he was driving.

The Springfield Police Department (SPD) shared details for the odd incident on their Facebook page. According to police, the suspect was pulled over in the Springfield area on the south side of Colorado at about 11:30 on Saturday night. The driver was reportedly driving 52 MPH in a 30 MPH zone.

“The driver attempted to switch places with his dog who was in the passenger seat, as the SPD officer approached and watched the entire process,” part of a post by Springfield Police reads. “The male party then exited the passenger side of the vehicle and claimed he was not driving. The male party showed clear signs of intoxication and when asked about his alcohol consumption the male party ran from the Officer. The male party was apprehended quickly within about 20 yards of the vehicle.” ...
https://www.kktv.com/2023/05/15/dui-suspect-colorado-reportedly-tried-switch-places-with-his-dog-when-pulled-over-by-police/

As the dyslexic drunk driver said, "Dog is my co-pilot."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 11:11:01 pm by mountaineer »