Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 534860 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #3075 on: September 26, 2022, 12:47:50 am »
I can understand the sentiment... I truly can.  :whistle:
See? I just thanked the Lord for my freedom and moved on.

All that animosity chews on a fellow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3076 on: September 26, 2022, 12:55:32 am »
@corbe

THERE is a guy that really knows how to hold a grudge!

But not his Bladder.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3077 on: September 26, 2022, 03:06:29 am »
See? I just thanked the Lord for my freedom and moved on.

All that animosity chews on a fellow.

That's right... But I can understand it all the same.  happy77 :whistle:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3078 on: September 26, 2022, 05:12:01 am »
Would be tempted to hook up some electric shock device.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3079 on: November 03, 2022, 12:42:53 am »
:laugh:

Another time in a green room on a construction site, pulled up my britches and felt the pocket flip over... Saw the wallet bounce on the seat... Even took a swipe at it... Nope.

There was 400 bucks in that wallet.
Driver's license.
Fishing license.

I thought about it, I really did...
But about 40 construction guys had been doing their business in there... Every morning there's a line around 10 o'clock...
NOPE.

You're a construction guy and you askeered of getting poo poo on your wittow hands?  Holy s*** Batman.   Soap and water, hello!
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3080 on: November 03, 2022, 12:58:00 am »
You're a construction guy and you askeered of getting poo poo on your wittow hands?  Holy s*** Batman.   Soap and water, hello!

@DeerSlayer LOL!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3081 on: November 03, 2022, 01:01:19 am »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3082 on: November 03, 2022, 02:52:30 am »

I can do it. And HAVE done it... Is it worth it for 400 bucks?
NOPE. Oddly enough, it wasn't worth it to anyone else there at the time, as I'd have gladly paid em the money to get the rest of the wallet back. Not a one.

So you're welcome to it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3083 on: November 03, 2022, 02:54:10 am »
NOPE. Oddly enough, it wasn't worth it to anyone else there at the time, as I'd have gladly paid em the money to get the rest of the wallet back. Not a one.

So you're welcome to it.
Oddly enough, I always have a pair of nitrile gauntlets in my gear...so long as it didn't sink too far, it'd be easy money.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3084 on: November 03, 2022, 02:58:52 am »
Oddly enough, I always have a pair of nitrile gauntlets in my gear...so long as it didn't sink too far, it'd be easy money.

You mean them  ones you use for AI cows that go clean to your armpit? Might've had a shot then...  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3085 on: November 03, 2022, 03:04:54 am »
You mean them  ones you use for AI cows that go clean to your armpit? Might've had a shot then...  :shrug:
Not quite that long...but a wallet should have some floater factor...A lot would depend on the last time the thing had been cleaned out.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3086 on: November 03, 2022, 07:03:50 am »
Not quite that long...but a wallet should have some floater factor...A lot would depend on the last time the thing had been cleaned out.

Well, y'all would have been welcome to try. Although even the rotorootor guy didn't look for it.  :shrug:

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3087 on: November 03, 2022, 02:45:11 pm »

So you're welcome to it.

I take it all you hardasses never changed a baby's diaper.
I've gotten a lot dirtier doing oil changes and cleaning fish.
Didn't hurt me a bit.
Cowboy up!
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3088 on: November 03, 2022, 02:48:15 pm »
Didn't hurt me a bit.
Cowboy up!
Changed quite a few, actually.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3089 on: November 03, 2022, 03:05:05 pm »
Didn't hurt me a bit.
Cowboy up!

LOL! Like I said, you'd have been welcome to try.

I'm a redneck. I am in sh*t every day of my life.
I wasn't willing to go scuba-diving in that tidy-bowl. And neither was anyone else - INCLUDING the sh*t-pumper guy who could have sucked the most of it out and have a whole lot less to deal with.

*NO* takers. Not just me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3090 on: November 03, 2022, 03:09:26 pm »
Changed quite a few, actually.

4 kids... yeah, me too. That's a far cry from the combined product of twenty-five or thirty carpenters, contractors, and truck drivers...

:terror: :3:

I'll take cleaning a pig pen any day...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:10:15 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3091 on: November 03, 2022, 03:12:44 pm »
4 kids... yeah, me too. That's a far cry from the combined product of twenty-five or thirty carpenters, contractors, and truck drivers...

:terror: :3:

I'll take cleaning a pig pen any day...
Yeah, it gets to be the assh*les you know versus the assh*les you don't...

But I was EMS back when, so as long as I can glove up... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3092 on: November 03, 2022, 03:22:01 pm »
Yeah, it gets to be the assh*les you know versus the assh*les you don't...

But I was EMS back when, so as long as I can glove up... :shrug:

Oh, I'll do it... Worst I ever been was in a cold-water irrigation well a cow fell into...
By the time they found her, she was dang near soup. bones disarticulated...

It was AWFUL being down in that well... and even with a wet-suit, the stank of it didn't wear off for months. I might do that again... but it would cost you plenty.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3093 on: November 03, 2022, 06:10:29 pm »
Oh, I'll do it... Worst I ever been was in a cold-water irrigation well a cow fell into...

It was AWFUL being down in that well... and even with a wet-suit, the stank of it didn't wear off for months. I might do that again... but it would cost you plenty.
888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3094 on: November 04, 2022, 01:11:28 am »

No thanks! I had too many experiences as a plumber doing commercial work, What is it about people when you tell them no using the toilet and they say yes I understand but the second you have cut out the piece of overhead sewer line they take a huge dump and flush it? I also was down in the collection tank of a campground to strip and recoat the concrete tank...same, excuse me shit! I told the boss nope no more, I wanna go back to working in nice clean research and virology labs.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3095 on: November 04, 2022, 01:29:31 am »
No thanks! I had too many experiences as a plumber doing commercial work, What is it about people when you tell them no using the toilet and they say yes I understand but the second you have cut out the piece of overhead sewer line they take a huge dump and flush it? I also was down in the collection tank of a campground to strip and recoat the concrete tank...same, excuse me shit! I told the boss nope no more, I wanna go back to working in nice clean research and virology labs.

HAHAHA! Being a painter as my last official business before I got sick, We've done industrial sewage tanks - Not too many companies will deal with old skool epoxies like that... But being painters, they know we get a little uppity... The tank was given to me already pumped and steam cleaned, and of a surety, with both the inlet(s) and outlet(s) properly plugged so there could be no surprises.

So all we had to do is get through the acid etching, pressure wash, and then get seriously stoned on epoxy fumes in an enclosed space. Epoxy is a pretty nice high if you eat a big greasy burger beforehand (tech hack)... But either way, you get lit as hell, even with a proper mask.

So epoxy day was always a blast.  :laugh:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3096 on: November 09, 2022, 07:43:59 pm »
Libs of TikTok
@libsoftiktok
A biological male won “Miss Greater Derry” which is a beauty pageant in New Hampshire under the “Miss America” organization.

11:16 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Not even a blind person would take this fat guy for a woman. Give me a break.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3097 on: November 09, 2022, 08:02:34 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3098 on: November 09, 2022, 08:06:58 pm »
Libs of TikTok
@libsoftiktok
A biological male won “Miss Greater Derry” which is a beauty pageant in New Hampshire under the “Miss America” organization.

11:16 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Not even a blind person would take this fat guy for a woman. Give me a break.

It's simply astounding how all of those oh-so-vociferous feminists are oh-so-silent now when real men who have a sexual fetish for playing dress-up are actually coopting women's events and women's accomplishments, and generally colonizing the concept of being female.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3099 on: November 09, 2022, 08:11:19 pm »
It's simply astounding how all of those oh-so-vociferous feminists are oh-so-silent now when real men who have a sexual fetish for playing dress-up are actually coopting women's events and women's accomplishments, and generally colonizing the concept of being female.
And with the most ridiculous stereotypes of femaleness. How many real women even come close to resembling the cartoonishness of this bloated nutjob in NH or the drag queens on TV?