Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 537833 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2650 on: September 22, 2020, 06:31:15 pm »
'Excuse me while I whip this out!'

@Free Vulcan

"What are popular lines in singles clubs,for $200,Gene?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #2651 on: September 23, 2020, 12:37:53 am »
This type of story probably isn't all that uncommon ...Portland Oregonian
You might say he went off half cocked. Too Soon?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2652 on: September 23, 2020, 02:04:08 am »
You might say he went off half cocked. Too Soon?
:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #2654 on: September 26, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2655 on: September 26, 2020, 04:21:45 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2656 on: September 26, 2020, 04:46:23 pm »
" Racoon" must mean something else in California,because you might grab a wild one in the south,but you damn sure ain't going to grab one around here and carry him to your car,never mind squeeze him to make him blow into your breathalyzer because you are going to be too busy trying to let go of him.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2657 on: September 26, 2020, 05:30:22 pm »
" Racoon" must mean something else in California,because you might grab a wild one in the south,but you damn sure ain't going to grab one around here and carry him to your car,never mind squeeze him to make him blow into your breathalyzer because you are going to be too busy trying to let go of him.
@sneakypete
I don't know what kind of coon this clown got a hold of, but I have run into wild Racoons too closely twice in southern California. Once I was doing work on a commercial building at 3am and went to the main to turn the water off, there was what I thought from the distance was a cat...........until it stood up and hissed and started towards me, if you're wondering I was the one that turned tail. The second time it was on my residential street in Anaheim at night but that time I had my young 150 pound dog with me and it was the Racoon that turned tail. There are two scavengers I don't want to corner, Raccoons and friggin Opossums! I did wonder that the story made no mention of the guy needing rabies shots.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2658 on: September 27, 2020, 12:05:59 am »
Lived in a neighborhood with racoons years ago.
Wife was terrified of them when they came in our yard.
I would have to go out and chase them off.
But if I ran toward them and they stood their ground, that was it. No way.
That means they are sick.
If you ever got close enough to one to actually pick it up you are likely in big trouble.
I see videos of people praising what they call their 'trash pandas'. They keep them as pets.
And I just shake my head. These guys have no idea what they are playing with.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2659 on: September 27, 2020, 12:10:38 am »
That feller is part hillbilly, I'd bet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2660 on: September 27, 2020, 12:28:55 am »

It is singularly amazing that he could get sufficient breath volume out of a racoon to trip a DUI interlock.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2661 on: September 27, 2020, 01:11:08 am »

Yep. The only person I can think of who had a raccoon as a pet was Ellie May Clampett.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2662 on: September 27, 2020, 03:55:59 am »
It is singularly amazing that he could get sufficient breath volume out of a racoon to trip a DUI interlock.
(Mebbe he cheated and blew in the other end... 888mouth

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2663 on: September 27, 2020, 04:44:38 am »
(Mebbe he cheated and blew in the other end... 888mouth

And people think I am crazy for having a bicycle pump always close to hand...  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2664 on: September 27, 2020, 05:30:51 am »
And people think I am crazy for having a bicycle pump always close to hand...  :whistle:
Keeps your breath sweeter (and here he thought that taste in his mouth was from being hung over). :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2665 on: September 27, 2020, 06:54:03 am »

Lived in a neighborhood with racoons years ago.
Wife was terrified of them when they came in our yard.
I would have to go out and chase them off.
But if I ran toward them and they stood their ground, that was it. No way.
That means they are sick.
If you ever got close enough to one to actually pick it up you are likely in big trouble.

@240B

Bet you that you only do that once.

I see videos of people praising what they call their 'trash pandas'. They keep them as pets.
And I just shake my head. These guys have no idea what they are playing with.

I had one for a pet when I was a kid,maybe 6 years old. It's mother had been ran over while trying to cross the road,and the baby coon was just sitting beside her crying,so we picked him up and took him home.

SOB grew to be huge eating dry dog food and table scraps. Loved to play hide and seek. He would run behind a chair and I would poke my head around it pretending to be trying to catch him,and he would jump off the top of the chair to the top of my head and hang on. It was like wearing a live Davy Crocket cap. He was as tame as a kitten.

Loved to steal shiny stuff and hide it,too. Just loved to steal,period. Had a uncle come to visit once we rarely saw,and he didn't know there was a coon in the house,and it just never occured to use to tell him. So,he is sitting in a big padded sofa-type chair talking,and I see the coon coming up the back of the chair and started to panice. I kept my cool though,and decided THAT was not the perfect time to tell him we had a coon,and it was right behind him.

As usual,he had play/stealing on his mind. I sat there and watched him steal a couple of Lucky Strikes from my uncle's shirt pocket,one by one,then go back down to the floor and run off to hide it.

Then my asshat father decided having a coon in the house wasn't cool,despite the fact he had lived and slept in the house since the day we got him,and build a cage to attach to the outside wall of our house,and put him in there. That didn't last long because nobody could sleep for all the barking and snarling going on as the neighborhood dogs discovered there was a coon "cornered in a box" on our back wall. 

We ended up taking him out to the edge of the deep woods and letting him go.

Later,after we moved back out to live in a rural area,my father was trapping coons to skin and sell their hides,and he had a bunch of them in a pen waiting for the price to go back up when it went even lower,so he decided to just let them go. A couple of them hung around for a few weeks before leaving.

Coons are VERY smart animals,and pretty easy to tame. All you have to do is feed them.

NOT a good idea to pick a wild one up,though. There is no where you can grab him that he can't turn around in his skin and start eating you alive. They are FIERCE when scared.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2666 on: September 27, 2020, 06:55:38 am »

@Smokin Joe

Not a chance. Hillbillies know better.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2667 on: September 27, 2020, 01:34:00 pm »
@Smokin Joe

There is one in every crowd.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2668 on: September 27, 2020, 03:01:43 pm »
@240B

Bet you that you only do that once.

I had one for a pet when I was a kid,maybe 6 years old. It's mother had been ran over while trying to cross the road,and the baby coon was just sitting beside her crying,so we picked him up and took him home.

SOB grew to be huge eating dry dog food and table scraps. Loved to play hide and seek. He would run behind a chair and I would poke my head around it pretending to be trying to catch him,and he would jump off the top of the chair to the top of my head and hang on. It was like wearing a live Davy Crocket cap. He was as tame as a kitten.

Loved to steal shiny stuff and hide it,too. Just loved to steal,period. Had a uncle come to visit once we rarely saw,and he didn't know there was a coon in the house,and it just never occured to use to tell him. So,he is sitting in a big padded sofa-type chair talking,and I see the coon coming up the back of the chair and started to panice. I kept my cool though,and decided THAT was not the perfect time to tell him we had a coon,and it was right behind him.

As usual,he had play/stealing on his mind. I sat there and watched him steal a couple of Lucky Strikes from my uncle's shirt pocket,one by one,then go back down to the floor and run off to hide it.

Then my asshat father decided having a coon in the house wasn't cool,despite the fact he had lived and slept in the house since the day we got him,and build a cage to attach to the outside wall of our house,and put him in there. That didn't last long because nobody could sleep for all the barking and snarling going on as the neighborhood dogs discovered there was a coon "cornered in a box" on our back wall. 

We ended up taking him out to the edge of the deep woods and letting him go.

Later,after we moved back out to live in a rural area,my father was trapping coons to skin and sell their hides,and he had a bunch of them in a pen waiting for the price to go back up when it went even lower,so he decided to just let them go. A couple of them hung around for a few weeks before leaving.

Coons are VERY smart animals,and pretty easy to tame. All you have to do is feed them.

NOT a good idea to pick a wild one up,though. There is no where you can grab him that he can't turn around in his skin and start eating you alive. They are FIERCE when scared.

@sneakypete

My brother and I had a pet raccoon also.  You described "Mike" to a tee - right down to gorging himself anytime he could climb into the dogfood bag (we had beagles).  In open spaces you could rough house with him and chase and play.  We were very careful if he ever felt cornered - he could turn into a Beast in a flash.  He definitely established the pecking order with our hounds.

He loved driving my Mother crazy by climbing up and ringing the doorbell.  He would do it incessantly.

I saw enough of raccoons to know you don't mess with them.  Fierce, fierce, fierce when they feel threatened.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:04:07 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline verga

« Reply #2669 on: September 27, 2020, 04:16:55 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Maybe the ones you know, but not the "Hey fellas, hold my beer and watch this" crowd.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2670 on: September 27, 2020, 04:34:03 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Dang right.  Genetically, I am half hillbilly, and can say all the ones I know, know better than hand grab critters with sharp teeth and nasty dispostions.  Then add the fact that as far as rabies risk, the racoon is number 3 behind bats and skunks. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2671 on: September 27, 2020, 11:35:20 pm »
Haven't messed with raccoons. Badgers are a different story.

Dad, brother and I were driving around the edge of a field one day. Two badgers were hunting. I told my dad to stop. I got out, screamed at one of them and started running after it. It screamed and started running away. That lasted until he figured it out. Badger locked up the breaks. Turned, screamed at me and started running after me. I screamed and started running for the pickup. I was yelling for my brother to OPEN the door. They were laughing so hard all I could do was dive into the bed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2672 on: September 28, 2020, 12:57:15 am »
Haven't messed with raccoons. Badgers are a different story.

Dad, brother and I were driving around the edge of a field one day. Two badgers were hunting. I told my dad to stop. I got out, screamed at one of them and started running after it. It screamed and started running away. That lasted until he figured it out. Badger locked up the breaks. Turned, screamed at me and started running after me. I screamed and started running for the pickup. I was yelling for my brother to OPEN the door. They were laughing so hard all I could do was dive into the bed.

I am almost certainly the only person you know that can say this:

I stepped on a wolverine. That was a bad day.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2673 on: September 28, 2020, 01:40:52 am »
Badgers are the baddest meanest toughest mammals on the planet.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2674 on: September 28, 2020, 01:51:15 am »
I am almost certainly the only person you know that can say this:

I stepped on a wolverine. That was a bad day.

@roamer_1

Could have been a LOT worse. You are still alive and mobile,and your plumbing is intact.