Author Topic: Why the Clinton Email Scandal Is So Sticky...Ron Fournier  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the Clinton Email Scandal Is So Sticky...Ron Fournier
« on: September 28, 2015, 12:56:43 pm »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/73900/why-clinton-email-scandal-is-so-sticky?mref=scroll

Why the Clinton Email Scandal Is So Sticky

Reasonable doubt stems from the Clintons’ history of innuendo and inquiry.

“You can’t com­plain,” Bill Clin­ton said be­fore he did. In an in­ter­view broad­cast by CNN on Sunday, Clin­ton likened the email scan­dal dog­ging his wife’s pres­id­en­tial cam­paign to the White­wa­ter land deal and oth­ers scan­dals that shad­owed his polit­ic­al ca­reer. “It al­ways hap­pens.”

Yes, sir. That’s sort of the point. Many voters are tired of Clin­ton con­tro­ver­sies and their side ef­fects: De­flec­tion, de­cep­tion, de­ri­sion and di­vi­sion.

He also blamed the email flap on Re­pub­lic­ans who want to un­der­cut Hil­lary Clin­ton’s cam­paign and on polit­ic­al re­port­ers who aren’t in­ter­ested in sub­stance.

Stip­u­lated: Re­pub­lic­ans are par­tis­an and re­port­ers are shal­low.

An­oth­er fact: It’s not our fault.

The GOP did not cre­ate a secret email sys­tem in­de­pend­ent of the Free­dom of In­form­a­tion Act, con­gres­sion­al over­sight, and his­tor­ic­al archives. The me­dia did not dis­cuss and dis­trib­ute clas­si­fied in­form­a­tion on the un­se­cured serv­er. Hil­lary Clin­ton’s cam­paign – not the vast right-wing con­spir­acy – has re­peatedly and in­ten­tion­ally misled the pub­lic.

I feel sorry for the Clin­tons. I really do. Start­ing with the White­wa­ter land deal, which I first in­vest­ig­ated in the mid-1980s and found no wrong­do­ing on the part of the Clin­tons, this ex­traordin­ar­ily tal­en­ted couple has been the sub­ject of spuri­ous ru­mors and al­leg­a­tions that have no basis in fact. (I won’t list them all, but in­clude every con­spir­acy the­ory you’ve read about Vince Foster’s sui­cide.)

I un­der­stand their siege men­tal­ity.

And yet, Bill and Hil­lary Clin­ton re­peatedly dis­play a will­ing­ness to ag­gress­ively deny wrong­do­ing when the facts prove them wrong. Des­pite her deni­als, a fed­er­al pro­sec­utor found “sub­stan­tial evid­ence” that Hil­lary Clin­ton had a role in the 1993 White House travel of­fice fir­ings. Five years later, Bill Clin­ton lied to the pub­lic about his af­fair with Mon­ica Lew­in­sky.

Which is why the email scan­dal is so sticky. Hil­lary Clin­ton’s de­fense can be boiled down to two words – “Trust me” – and we can’t. There will be no trust be­fore a cred­ible in­de­pend­ent re­view of the email she de­leted.

There will be no trust un­til she ad­mits what she did was wrong – and not be­cause of “the con­fu­sion it cre­ated,” as she likes to say, but be­cause it vi­ol­ated a fed­er­al policy and the fun­da­ment­als of good gov­ern­ment: trans­par­ency and ac­count­ab­il­ity.

Don’t take my word for it. Listen to Madeleine Al­bright, the sec­ret­ary of State un­der Bill Clin­ton, who was asked on MS­N­BC’s “Morn­ing Joe” today wheth­er she would let her deputy sec­ret­ary of State put all email on a private serv­er.

“I would not,” she said. “No.”

Easy an­swer. Straight an­swer. This scan­dal is stick­ing around be­cause Hil­lary Clin­ton can’t seem to sum­mon the same.

Morning Joe

@Morning_Joe

Would @madeleine allow a Deputy Secy. of State to use a personal email server? Here's her answer.
6:06 AM - 28 Sep 2015

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34