Author Topic: Cruz basks in news of Boehner's resignation  (Read 2845 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Cruz basks in news of Boehner's resignation
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 01:27:16 pm »
I want it noted that Godzilla just called 60% of Republican voters "idiots."

I think that makes him a "RINO."    :tongue2:

I second that opinion!   :beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:50 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ (R) or (D) makes virtually no difference 'cept for a few stand-outs like Cruz and Sessions. ]]

And it's very interesting that BOTH Cruz and Sessions seem to be deferential with Donald Trump, Sessions actually aiding his campaign.

I sense that we will see several more conservative Republicans aligning with Trump as the campaign progresses.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 02:33:59 am »
You don't go into negotiations by taking options off the table. And that's what McConnell and Boehner specifically telegraphed. Weak, and very weak.

It's similar to the concept of peace through strength. If an enemy knew you were unwilling to fight before the battle was joined then his attack will be certain and ferocious.

Since the rats are praying the GOP shuts down the government...saying "we won't" gives us a stronger hand in blaming the rats for a shutdown
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:40:39 am by Once-Ler »

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:44 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ (R) or (D) makes virtually no difference 'cept for a few stand-outs like Cruz and Sessions. ]]

And it's very interesting that BOTH Cruz and Sessions seem to be deferential with Donald Trump, Sessions actually aiding his campaign.

I sense that we will see several more conservative Republicans aligning with Trump as the campaign progresses.

Sick.  Truly, truly, sick.