Author Topic: John Boehner Exits, Donald Trump Storms On....Frank Bruni  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner Exits, Donald Trump Storms On....Frank Bruni
« on: September 27, 2015, 12:01:46 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/opinion/sunday/john-boehner-exits-donald-trump-storms-on.html?ref=opinion

John Boehner Exits, Donald Trump Storms On

SEPT. 26, 2015

ON Thursday, when John Boehner grew weepy in the presence of the pope, I assumed that we were seeing the tears of a proud Catholic.

On Friday, when he announced that he’d be resigning as the speaker of the House of Representatives and leaving Congress at the end of next month, I revised that view.

I think he was crying, at least in part, for the ill fortunes and uncertain future of his pathologically self-destructive party. It’s something that should have all of us sobbing.

Boehner’s looming departure and the rabid right-wing forces that led to it are part of a longer story, developing for years now. His exodus was foreshadowed and even foreordained by the political demise of Eric Cantor, who served under him as the House majority leader until someone more conservative toppled him in a Republican primary in 2014.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: John Boehner Exits, Donald Trump Storms On....Frank Bruni
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 12:07:53 am »
This one is seriously hoping Donald Trump will save Hillary's bacon.