Author Topic: Boehner's Resignation Spells Trouble for Jeb  (Read 1551 times)

Offline libertybele

Boehner's Resignation Spells Trouble for Jeb
« on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:25 pm »
Gee, perhaps the GOPe is starting to get it...the only thing CNN got wrong is they are thinking this is trouble for conservatives; like Bush, Christie and Kasich ... they are far from conservative they are RINO's.  RINO's are the ones in trouble!

John Boehner's resignation spells trouble for Jeb Bush

" (CNN)As if Jeb Bush needed another problem.

House Speaker John Boehner's abrupt resignation Friday -- after an insurrection by grassroots activists infuriated at the failure of Washington Republicans to thwart President Barack Obama -- was another bad omen for a campaign wilting amid anti-establishment fury.

In the 2016 presidential race, outsiders are in, insiders are out and the messy power struggle that is splintering the GOP is going to make winning the nomination -- and then capturing the White House -- very tough for a party standard bearer like Bush.

Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are dominating the GOP presidential primary following a summer of anger powered by conservative activists, Tea Party agitators and talk radio provocateurs. Candidates like Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, meanwhile, have been overtaken by events, with the traditional GOP path to the nomination blocked by scorched earth insurgents.

Boehner's departure might be the conservative right's most famous get yet -- even bigger than the coup against his former lieutenant Eric Cantor in a primary election in 2014. And the reaction to his resignation crystallized the split in the GOP with conservatives emboldened and establishment candidates sounding a softer tone that seems increasingly out of step with primary voters.

"You want to know how much each of you terrify Washington?" asked Sen. Ted Cruz, a GOP presidential candidate and self-styled scourge of Washington asked right-leaning activists at the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Friday. "Yesterday John Boehner was Speaker of the House. Y'all come to town and somehow that changes. My only request is can you come more often!" ...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politics/john-boehner-resignation-jeb-bush-2016-presidential-campaign/index.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Re: Boehner's Resignation Spells Trouble for Jeb
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »
What concerns me is that this anger will dissolve into complacency if an insurgent candidate wins nomination and office. The people who produce and pay taxes have a tendency to forget political activism and get back to work and their lives. But Washington insiders and leftist/Statists never sleep.

It will take many generations to get back the America we remember and love.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »
To those who don't pay any real attention political upheavals seem to come all of a sudden out of nowhere but the truth is quite different to those in the middle of such movements!

This has been coming for a LONG time and you ain't seen nothing yet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 02:06:48 pm »
Bush has been in trouble from the start.  Too many Bush's and too many Clintons in the race.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 02:07:47 pm »
To those who don't pay any real attention political upheavals seem to come all of a sudden out of nowhere but the truth is quite different to those in the middle of such movements!

From your lips to God's ear.  :0001:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »

:beer:  :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 09:57:57 pm »
Over the past six months or so (perhaps longer), there have been several GOP-e Briefers who repeatedly told us that the "attacks" on Boehner were pointless, that the "conservatives" in the House had better learn to live under him, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.

Well guys -- what do you have to say for yourselves now?

Seems to me the conservative complaints against Boehner did more to irritate him -- they have defeated him. And that's a good thing.

Next target: McConnell in the Senate.

Oh, you're going to come right back and tell us, "forget about it, can't be done".

We'll see....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 12:02:37 am »
Over the past six months or so (perhaps longer), there have been several GOP-e Briefers who repeatedly told us that the "attacks" on Boehner were pointless, that the "conservatives" in the House had better learn to live under him, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.

Well guys -- what do you have to say for yourselves now?

Seems to me the conservative complaints against Boehner did more to irritate him -- they have defeated him. And that's a good thing.

Next target: McConnell in the Senate.

Oh, you're going to come right back and tell us, "forget about it, can't be done".

We'll see....

I hear what you are saying, unfortunately those that are Boehner's "rumored" replacements don't seem to be any more conservative.  I still can't get Boehner's "zippity doo dah"  song right before his resignation speech out of my mind.  Who in the heck sings "zippity doo dah" when they are vacating their position??  I think he's made a deal with the she devil herself and it's a way for him to stick it to all the conservatives that wanted him out. 

Don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed that he's gone.  I'm optimistically cautious right now.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 02:18:49 pm »
I hear what you are saying, unfortunately those that are Boehner's "rumored" replacements don't seem to be any more conservative.  I still can't get Boehner's "zippity doo dah"  song right before his resignation speech out of my mind.  Who in the heck sings "zippity doo dah" when they are vacating their position??  I think he's made a deal with the she devil herself and it's a way for him to stick it to all the conservatives that wanted him out. 

Don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed that he's gone.  I'm optimistically cautious right now.

I'm not sure if it's a matter of conservative, I believe it's more a matter of constructive.  Think back to the "Contract With America".  There was an agenda and it was implemented, opponents be damned BUT it was a lot of change that affected the body itself, not the "outside world".   
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.