Author Topic: Trump lashes out at AP photographer who snapped empty chairs  (Read 1069 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Trump lashes out at AP photographer who snapped empty chairs
« on: September 25, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »

Donald Trump is not happy with the Associated Press photographer who took a picture showing a significant number of empty chairs at a South Carolina event on Wednesday — so unhappy he called him a “f***ing thief,” according to the Daily Mail.

Trump’s remarks about wire photographer Mic Smith follow a rough couple of days for his relationship with the press.

On Wednesday, he said he would no longer appear on Fox News, which responded that Trump "doesn’t seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country.” Later, he agreed to a meeting with Fox News CEO Roger Ailes to discuss “differences of opinion,” the network said in a statement.

On Thursday, he railed against New York Times reporter Jonathan Martin and POLITICO on Twitter, calling Martin "dishonest" and POLITICO "really dishonest." (Martin, a former POLITICO reporter, mocked pro-Trump "chair truthers" in tweets of his own.)
But it was Smith, apparently, who infuriated Trump the most.
“Tell them they're a fraud, whoever took it. I just got killed on that thing, and it was just really unfair. It's damn unfair,” he told The Daily Mail.

Trump was speaking at an event hosted by the Greater Charleston Business Alliance and the South Carolina African American Chamber of Commerce in Charleston, S.C.
The chairs were only empty, he explained, because the crowd had surged forward to surround him.
“I was speaking from the podium. Everybody was wrapped around the podium. If they hadn't done that, there wouldn't have been an empty seat,” he told the Daily Mail. “'I've never made a speech where there were so many people wrapped around the podium in the front. That's what happened.”
To the billionaire’s credit, a different photo from Smith, who was not available for comment, does show a crowd near the podium. But it doesn't show the back of the room.

Photos from other outlets and reporters' tweets, meanwhile, tell a consistent tale of empty seats. According to Martin's story in the Times, "about a third of the seats were unfilled." MSNBC described the venue as "a half-full room of white people."
Trump's other South Carolina event, a jam-packed town hall hosted by Sen. Tim Scott, "sold out" in just three weeks, a Scott aide told POLITICO.
A Trump spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
"We are confident that the description of crowd size is accurate," AP spokesman Paul Colford said in an email.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/trump-empty-chairs-associated-press-214046#ixzz3mn9439DM

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline olde north church

Re: Trump lashes out at AP photographer who snapped empty chairs
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:35:36 pm »
 :pondering:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 10:47:31 pm »
His level of insecurity is disturbing to say the least.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »
As a photographer, that is exactly a shot I would have taken because it is the reality of the event. Politicians like to control their image so much, they often will 'stage' areas they try to force photographers in (Hillary is bad about this). The more they make a fit about it, the more I would try to shoot it.

Unfortunately, a lot of integrity is lost in the profession right now and many photographers and others in the media will just comply with the candidate. Now, if I actually was hired by the candidate to shoot marketing shots, that's a different story, but this was an AP photographer.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 11:21:50 pm »
If Trump's skin were any thinner, he could rent himself out as a circulatory model for medical schools.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
As a photographer, that is exactly a shot I would have taken because it is the reality of the event. Politicians like to control their image so much, they often will 'stage' areas they try to force photographers in (Hillary is bad about this). The more they make a fit about it, the more I would try to shoot it.

Unfortunately, a lot of integrity is lost in the profession right now and many photographers and others in the media will just comply with the candidate. Now, if I actually was hired by the candidate to shoot marketing shots, that's a different story, but this was an AP photographer.
Alas, you know full well that this kind of image would have not been taken at a Hillary or a Bernie event.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 11:39:35 pm »
Alas, you know full well that this kind of image would have not been taken at a Hillary or a Bernie event.

Hillary tries to control it, but some photographers break her 'rules'. The wire usually just doesn't show it. I don't know about Sanders but he is drawing the crowds like Oprah giving away free cars.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 12:17:43 am »
It's not  the empty chairs that's makes the story. That can happen with any of the candidates if the event is not well publicized. What does makes this newsworthy, is the childish way he reacts to it. Its the same way he reacted to FOX News for not showing the polls he wanted them to show. We are seeing him implode more and more each day. How long will it be before he really loses his cool?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 12:24:14 am »

Or a Bushie, Rubio, or any other RINO event!  Cut the BS Trump haters.  :chairbang:

Godzilla

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 01:42:00 am »
Or a Bushie, Rubio, or any other RINO event!  Cut the BS Trump haters.  :chairbang:

And yet, pictures like that regularly show up... specially regarding Hillary.

Why lie over piddling cr@p?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47:47 am »
It's not  the empty chairs that's makes the story. That can happen with any of the candidates if the event is not well publicized. What does makes this newsworthy, is the childish way he reacts to it. Its the same way he reacted to FOX News for not showing the polls he wanted them to show. We are seeing him implode more and more each day. How long will it be before he really loses his cool?
Exactly, and his cursing and whining about unfairness can't inspire confidence in his leadership qualities.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:45 am »
Trump is such a baby.   My God, a few empty chairs and he gets his anal hairs all stiff.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 03:55:55 am »
I'm not defending Donald Trump but the photographer did attack first. ;)