Author Topic: Cruz basks in news of Boehner's resignation  (Read 2832 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz basks in news of Boehner's resignation
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 01:27:16 pm »
I want it noted that Godzilla just called 60% of Republican voters "idiots."

I think that makes him a "RINO."    :tongue2:

I second that opinion!   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:50 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ (R) or (D) makes virtually no difference 'cept for a few stand-outs like Cruz and Sessions. ]]

And it's very interesting that BOTH Cruz and Sessions seem to be deferential with Donald Trump, Sessions actually aiding his campaign.

I sense that we will see several more conservative Republicans aligning with Trump as the campaign progresses.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 02:33:59 am »
You don't go into negotiations by taking options off the table. And that's what McConnell and Boehner specifically telegraphed. Weak, and very weak.

It's similar to the concept of peace through strength. If an enemy knew you were unwilling to fight before the battle was joined then his attack will be certain and ferocious.

Since the rats are praying the GOP shuts down the government...saying "we won't" gives us a stronger hand in blaming the rats for a shutdown
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:40:39 am by Once-Ler »

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:44 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ (R) or (D) makes virtually no difference 'cept for a few stand-outs like Cruz and Sessions. ]]

And it's very interesting that BOTH Cruz and Sessions seem to be deferential with Donald Trump, Sessions actually aiding his campaign.

I sense that we will see several more conservative Republicans aligning with Trump as the campaign progresses.

Sick.  Truly, truly, sick.