Author Topic: Trump feuds with conservative commentator Rich Lowry  (Read 3219 times)

bkepley

Trump feuds with conservative commentator Rich Lowry
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:14:39 pm »
Nick Gass
NR

Donald Trump has a new beef.

This time, it's with conservative commentator Rich Lowry who remarked on Fox News on Wednesday night that Carly Fiorina "cut his balls off with the precision of a surgeon" during last week's primary debate.

Trump immediately fired back on Twitter.

"Incompetent @RichLowry lost it tonight on @FoxNews. He should not be allowed on TV and the FCC should fine him!" the Republican presidential candidate wrote of Lowry's appearance on "The Kelly File." He then asked the network for another apology, this time "for allowing clueless pundit @RichLowry to use such foul language on TV. Unheard of!"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-rich-lowry-feud-214004#ixzz3mepaMUm4

Trump is such a pissant.

Offline MBB1984

Re: Trump feuds with conservative commentator Rich Lowry
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:33:14 pm »
I have no problem with the effeminate neocon making the attack in print or on late night television.  But, to make such a statement over the air in prime time television was wrong.  Furthermore, the "show" confirms Trump's assertion that Fox  is a propaganda machine parroting bias against Trump.

Trump, however, should have ignored the sweet little neocon.  Lowry was trying to make himself relevant and Trump obliged.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:11:40 pm »
Lowry ≠ conservative
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 01:15:00 pm »
Lowry should have never said what he did, but the rest of the discussion was good.

It's not a good plan to be low class and crude when opposing someone who is low class and crude.

Kinda defeats your argument.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:31:12 pm »
Lowry ≠ conservative

And Trump ≠ conservative so I guess they are kinda made for each other.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »
I have no problem with the effeminate neocon making the attack in print or on late night television.  But, to make such a statement over the air in prime time television was wrong.  Furthermore, the "show" confirms Trump's assertion that Fox  is a propaganda machine parroting bias against Trump.

Trump, however, should have ignored the sweet little neocon.  Lowry was trying to make himself relevant and Trump obliged.

Agreed.  Trump should have turned to him and said that he was way out of line and therefore will refrain from comment.

Though I thought some of the questions that Meghyn Kelly asked were tough but not over the top, it is becoming apparent that FOX doesn't like Trump and that their "fair and balanced" reporting is anything but fair.

Whether one considers Lowry a conservative or not is really irrelevant; Trump is a Republican candidate who is polling #1 and should be given common courtesy when being interviewed especially by a supposed conservative news station.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »
Agreed.  Trump should have turned to him and said that he was way out of line and therefore will refrain from comment.

Though I thought some of the questions that Meghyn Kelly asked were tough but not over the top, it is becoming apparent that FOX doesn't like Trump and that their "fair and balanced" reporting is anything but fair.

Whether one considers Lowry a conservative or not is really irrelevant; Trump is a Republican candidate who is polling #1 and should be given common courtesy when being interviewed especially by a supposed conservative news station.

Trump wasn't there.  It was his usual twitter attack.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 02:24:33 pm »

I believe FOX is attempting to prove Trump unworthy of RNC/CofC support.  Trust me, as the day is long, even if Trump wins the appropriate number of delegates, the RNC/CofC is going to try and play games.  Those games will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and try to blame Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »
Trump does bring out some interesting qualities in people.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 02:52:33 pm »
Let's think about this please?

1) News floods out on social media that Trump and FOX are battling. That Trump fighting with Big C Conservative pundits, writers and editors....and anchors.

2) The typical LIV will absorb that #1 is truth, because it's dominating social media.  You cannot hide.  Even morons will hear about it.

3) They will conclude.  A)  I dislike Conservative Republicans.  B) Trump is battling Conservative Republicans. C) I like Donald Trump.

There's going to be a tremendous number of cross-over voters in this election. 

Don't feel comfortable labeling them "Blue Dogs".   But IMO, they're going to far outnumber the voter like my good friend Sinkspur, who vowed to sit the election out if Trump is the heads the ticket. 

Have faith in the growing Conservative cabal growing in the House, and hopefully, the Senate.  That's where change begins.

Well, that and a pen and a phone.   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »

He wasn't being interviewed.

Lowry was way out of line, but that is atypical of Fox coverage. (He was a guest).

They have actually been quite 'fair' about Trump.  Some like him.  Some don't.  That's what 'balanced' is.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:58:32 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »
Trump does bring out some interesting qualities in people.

He certainly does!  ^-^

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 03:12:22 pm »
I believe FOX is attempting to prove Trump unworthy of RNC/CofC support.  Trust me, as the day is long, even if Trump wins the appropriate number of delegates, the RNC/CofC is going to try and play games.  Those games will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and try to blame Trump.

New RNC rules (2012) allow them to strip a candidate of his delegates if they don't like the way things are going:

"As the dust settled from the fiery rules meeting at the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, the leading storyline that emerged was that establishment forces had once again quashed insurgent outsiders by instituting two critical changes to the way the GOP nominates its presidential candidate.

"One new rule cracks down on delegates who are inclined to peel away from the electoral outcome in their state, a direct response to the rabble-rousing supporters of former Rep. Ron Paul. The other rule allows the Republican National Committee to...."

More: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/11/a-brokered-gop-convention-in-2016

And at that time they hadn't even seen Donald Trump coming yet.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
New RNC rules (2012) allow them to strip a candidate of his delegates if they don't like the way things are going:

And, if they do that, expect Trump to declare his 'no 3rd Party pledge' to be null and void and he will be invited to head a 3rd-Party ticket which just happens to be ready to go...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 03:23:16 pm »

"As the dust settled from the fiery rules meeting at the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, the leading storyline that emerged was that establishment forces had once again quashed insurgent outsiders by instituting two critical changes to the way the GOP nominates its presidential candidate.

"One new rule cracks down on delegates who are inclined to peel away from the electoral outcome in their state, a direct response to the rabble-rousing supporters of former Rep. Ron Paul. The other rule allows the Republican National Committee to...."

More: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/11/a-brokered-gop-convention-in-2016

And at that time they hadn't even seen Donald Trump coming yet.

As it is being done in the daylight, the voting public wouldn't hold it against Trump if he ran third party.

bkepley

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »
As it is being done in the daylight, the voting public wouldn't hold it against Trump if he ran third party.

I'm kinda starting to wish he would and quit stinking up the GOP. :laugh:

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 03:42:04 pm »
Trump's purpose is to stink up the GOP and to portray real conservatives as mean, heartless, cruel and boorish. 

bkepley

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 03:45:08 pm »
Trump's purpose is to stink up the GOP and to portray real conservatives as mean, heartless, cruel and boorish.

You forgot ignorant.   ^-^

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 03:47:23 pm »

Trump's purpose is to win the presidency and fix illegal immigration and to break down the establishment's control of its two political parties.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »

The Media's Trump's purpose is to stink up the GOP and to portray real conservatives as mean, heartless, cruel and boorish.

They've done a great job of it too, most of our candidates are scared to death to speak the truth for fear of the media "talking bad about them". 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:57 pm »

The GOP has been stinking long before Trump declared his candidacy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
The Media's Trump's purpose is to stink up the GOP and to portray real conservatives as mean, heartless, cruel and boorish.

They've done a great job of it too, most of our candidates are scared to death to speak the truth for fear of the media "talking bad about them".

Exactly. And many here are assisting them by making sure the front runner gets thoroughly trashed in the minds of voters, not to mention the hundreds of visitors to TBR every day. Better Hillary, Sanders or Biden, I guess?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »

You may be too young to remember, but the strange smell you're complaining about is called victory.

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 05:25:20 pm »
You may be too young to remember, but the strange smell you're complaining about is called victory.

Freakin' HUZ.  ZAH!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 06:37:38 pm »
And, if they do that, expect Trump to declare his 'no 3rd Party pledge' to be null and void and he will be invited to head a 3rd-Party ticket which just happens to be ready to go...

He is 3 rd party NOW and WINNING. Who would blame him except the RINOS??. "dare the people to elect a candidate" Someone said or posted that the other day and they are RIGHT. :wtf: