Author Topic: Rush: Obama Uses the Pope to Put Their Common Agenda on Parade  (Read 316 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Obama Uses the Pope to Put Their Common Agenda on Parade
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:54:57 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/09/23/obama_uses_the_pope_to_put_their_common_agenda_on_parade

Obama Uses the Pope to Put Their Common Agenda on Parade
September 23, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's go to the audio sound bites.  The White House this morning -- you know, this was markedly different, before we get to sound bites, just remember this.  During the second term of George W. Bush, Pope Benedict showed up, and it was his birthday, and I was so moved by that that I, actually, right at 12 noon, I called the White House and I asked for somebody, it was Karl Rove, "I just need 30 seconds.  I don't want him to go on the air, I just need 30 seconds with the president."

"I don't think so. There's no way, no, we can't, but let me check."  And they got him.  And I spent just 30 seconds telling him how moving that entire ceremony was for me, and it was, folks.  I'm not saying anything about this one today, it was different.  Kathleen Battle, great opera soprano sang "happy birthday" to Pope Benedict, and it was the most powerful rendition of "happy birthday to you" I have ever heard.

The US Army Chorus sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and it was the most moving version of that.  I was so moved by it, I recorded the audio of that off of television. The television audio was not that great, and I have a dubbed copy of it on iTunes. And after that I went out and tried to find the actual studio recording of that. I got as close as I could to it, but the whole -- (interruption) yeah, I know, we rolled it off.  We have that here.  It was just moving.  I know you people listening replayed this over and over again. President Bush was just stellar.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

Re: Rush: Obama Uses the Pope to Put Their Common Agenda on Parade
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:29:01 am »
"The Pope seems intent on doing to the church what Obama has done to this once great nation."
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.