Author Topic: Just when you thought the e-mail story couldn’t get worse for Hillary Clinton …  (Read 962 times)

bkepley

Chris Cillizza
WP

After several weeks of relative dormancy, the story of Hillary Clinton's private e-mail server surged back into the news Tuesday night, with a trio of stories that suggest things are going to get worse before (or perhaps if) they get better for the former secretary of state's 2016 campaign.

Here's what we learned:

1. The State Department has, on the record, disputed Clinton's claim that her handing over of her e-mails was standard operating procedure, according to reporting from The Washington Post. In fact, State contacted Clinton in the summer of 2014 upon learning that she had exclusively used a private server to conduct business during her time as the nation's top diplomat. Asked about the discrepancy in Iowa on Tuesday night, Clinton told the Des Moines Register: "I don't know that. I can't answer that."

2. The FBI has succeeded in recovering work and personal e-mails from Clinton's server. That raises at least the possibility that the 50 percent of her e-mails that Clinton deleted as private could be combed through to ensure that the judgments made by her lawyers were the right ones.
3. More State Deparment e-mails related to the September 2012, attacks in Benghazi, Libya, were turned over to the Republican-led congressional committee investigating Clinton's actions that day.

Any one of those stories is bad news for Clinton. The three together make for a toxic mix in a narrative that has already cost Clinton dearly in her bid for the Democratic nomination and the presidency. A new Bloomberg national poll shows her with a single-digit lead over Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, and with fewer than four in 10 voters viewing her favorably.
The biggest problem for Clinton comes from The Post story, because it directly contradicts a central pillar of her pushback on the e-mail story. She has, since the private server came to light in March, insisted that the collection of e-mails from State was totally normal and the sort of thing that they did for everyone. “When we were asked to help the State Department make sure they had everything from other secretaries of state, not just me, I’m the one who said, ‘Okay, great, I will go through them again,’” Clinton said on "Face the Nation" on Sunday.

More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/23/just-when-you-thought-the-hillary-clinton-e-mail-story-couldnt-get-worse/

What a lying blanket-blank.

Offline GourmetDan

Anybody think the Obama admin might have deliberately given Her Heinous just enough rope to hang herself all those years ago?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Anybody think the Obama admin might have deliberately given Her Heinous just enough rope to hang herself all those years ago?
Hillary is simply not that bright. She has no significant accomplishments. She held offices, due to status as "WOB" or wife of Bill.

Hillary herself, could have understood computers well enough to have avoided these problems, by spending a few hours here and there, and by using a competent advisor/consultant.

She and Bill probably arrogantly brushed off the warnings about risks, of using private server.

Obama on the other hand, like him or hate him, has probably been well advised on such subject matter. When he learned of Hillary's proposed use of a private server, his people probably said "sure, have at it."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hillary is simply not that bright. She has no significant accomplishments. She held offices, due to status as "WOB" or wife of Bill.

Hillary herself, could have understood computers well enough to have avoided these problems, by spending a few hours here and there, and by using a competent advisor/consultant.

She and Bill probably arrogantly brushed off the warnings about risks, of using private server.

Obama on the other hand, like him or hate him, has probably been well advised on such subject matter. When he learned of Hillary's proposed use of a private server, his people probably said "sure, have at it."

Barry would be foolish to do so.  It's not just a matter of her using a private server it's a matter of what information was "classified" and I would bet money that the information she tried to erase from her server would not only implicate her but Barry and at the very least a few of his cabinet members.  If it was just a matter of Barry letting Hillary hang for her lies and crimes this would have been over a very long time ago. Lies were told and right now it's being determined if Hillary actually committed any crime(s).  I don't think that Barry and cronies figured this would be an on going issue and so far she, unlike in the past, has been unable to get this off her back and she hasn't been able to find a scapegoat.  She goes down and I can almost guarantee you she won't be going down for this alone. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
O'er-the-Hillary is the coldest of the cold fish, but the FBI most certainly has a hot potato in its hands with her investigation!

They will almost certainly get to the facts, as well as the facts can be gotten to. Witness that they've already recovered some (most?) of the "missing" emails.

But what to do with all o' that evidence ????

Offline GourmetDan

But what to do with all o' that evidence ????

It'll prolly take till 2017 to get through it all...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It'll prolly take till 2017 to get through it all...     :silly:

Would that be before or after they let her take the "oath" of Office?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GourmetDan

Would that be before or after they let her take the "oath" of Office?

That would be after... so she can issue an E.O. absolving herself for not doing anything wrong...