Author Topic: Ahmed Mohamed Didn’t Build a Clock -- and Other Niggling Problems in the Story of Dallas’s Whizkid-of-the-Week  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/424462/print

Ahmed Mohamed Didn’t Build a Clock -- and Other Niggling Problems in the Story of Dallas’s Whizkid-of-the-Week
By Ian Tuttle — September 22, 2015

When I wrote about Ahmed Mohamed last week, I chalked up the affair to a few overzealous authority figures — who have peers all over the country. Just ask Josh Welch.

That criticism stands. But as Ahmed enjoys his newfound celebrity — on Monday he was a VIP at a Google science fair, and on Wednesday the family is flying to New York City, where Ahmed will be feted by United Nations dignitaries — the details of the story become, well, curiouser and curiouser.

Over the weekend, a blogger at Artvoice “reverse engineered” Ahmed’s clock from media photographs. His conclusion:

Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock. . . . He took apart an existing clock, and transplanted the guts into a pencil box, and claimed it was his own creation. (emphasis original)

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Uh-oh. This author's in real trouble. He used a word with an n, an i and two gg in the title. Big mistake.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Uh-oh. This author's in real trouble. He used a word with an n, an i and two gg in the title. Big mistake.

I caught that too.  Winced when I saw it.    :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

It might be a bit niggardly to point that out.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn