Author Topic: GOP lawmaker questions test scores of female Army Rangers  (Read 521 times)

Offline Paladin

GOP lawmaker questions test scores of female Army Rangers
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:50:52 am »
Given the PC attitude which characterizes the Obama admin, I, too, question the scores, cynicism and doubt being the first fruits of affirmative action.

"A House Republican is investigating the test scores and supporting documentation for the two women who last month became the first female graduates of the Army's elite Ranger School.

Rep. Steve Russell (R-Okla.), a Ranger graduate who served in Iraq, sent a letter to outgoing Army Secretary John McHugh last week asking for documents on the two graduates' test scores, injuries, evaluations and other materials, according to People magazine.

"The training of our combat warriors is paramount to our national defense," Russell wrote to McHugh, according to the magazine. "In order to ensure that the Army retains its ability to defend the nation, we must ensure that our readiness is not sacrificed."

A source on Capitol Hill told People that the lawmaker was concerned because "sources at Fort Benning are coming forward to say the Army lied about women in Ranger School, that the women got special treatment and played by different rules."

Ranger instructors who said they were told to keep silent reportedly gave Russell's office examples of ways in which the women received special treatment, such as carrying less weight than the men and not taking their turn carrying heavy weaponry, People reported."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/254579-lawmaker-probing-whether-female-army-rangers-received-special-treatment
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.