Author Topic: Backpacker, 24, dies in Peru after drinking hallucinogenic liquid and 'purging himself in an ancient Amazon cleansing ceremony'  (Read 687 times)

bkepley

Rachel Eddie For Daily Mail Australia

Matthew Dawson-Clarke, 24, died on September 3 in a Peruvian ritual
The man from Auckland, New Zealand, consumed ayahuasca
The hallucinogenic drink is made from vines and is said to purge toxins
It is legal in Peru but is not regulated and is popular among tourists
Mr Dawson-Clarke's body was only returned to his family on Monday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3244106/Backpacker-24-dies-Peru-drinking-hallucinogenic-liquid-purging-ancient-Amazon-cleansing-ceremony.html#ixzz3mUC5TgQC

I have relatives who do this kind of stupid stuff.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's sad to watch the Millenials turn into the hippie-retread generation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's sad to watch the Millenials turn into the hippie-retread generation.
Here is a clue. People have been doing various drugs continuously from the 50s to the present.

The topic drifts into and out of the news, but the drugs and use are ever present.

As far as overall impact on society and people's lives, prescription drugs are a far bigger threat, than is normally discussed. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:36:48 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

It's sad to watch the Millennials turn into the hippie-retread generation.

Well, I think on balance they are not as bad as all that.

Having worked with and trained young people of that age cohort, they seem to me far less full of themselves than those of say, Hillary Clinton's vintage; they tend to favor capitalism and free markets over Castro or Marx, and their personal hygiene is exemplary by comparison to the hippies I recall now only for their hirsute visages and preternatural pungency.     
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Godzilla

Here is a clue. People have been doing various drugs continuously from the 50s to the present.

The topic drifts into and out of the news, but the drugs and use are ever present.

As far as overall impact on society and people's lives, prescription drugs are a far bigger threat, than is normally discussed.

People have been using drugs since the dawn of time.

Those Greek Oracles didn't get their 'visions' without help, ya know!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm afraid my bleep field is fallow this year, so I can't give one for him.

All this damned stupidity about going off and "finding yourself." Wouldn't have to do it if they weren't so careless as to lose themselves first.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

bkepley

I'm afraid my bleep field is fallow this year, so I can't give one for him.

All this damned stupidity about going off and "finding yourself." Wouldn't have to do it if they weren't so careless as to lose themselves first.

Mostly I posted this out of disgust at the millenials who buy into every "cleansing" claim that becomes popular.

Godzilla

Mostly I posted this out of disgust at the millenials who buy into every "cleansing" claim that becomes popular.

Ey herd dat cat-poop coffee is a good 'cleanser'.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not just the Millenials, sadly.

Seems most Boomers think that if they just eat a magic diet, sleep right, shit right and use the correct shampoo, they'll live forever, having sex with supermodels the whole time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink