Author Topic: Activists Say 15-Year Old Illegal Alien Was Racially Profiled When He Was Arrested For Driving On The Wrong Side Of The Road  (Read 321 times)

rangerrebew

Activists Say 15-Year Old Illegal Alien Was Racially Profiled When He Was Arrested For Driving On The Wrong Side Of The Road

Brian Anderson
September 19, 2015

This is rich. Some immigration activists are crying, “racial profiling” because a 15-year old illegal alien was arrested and sent to detention after he was caught driving down the wrong side of the road and refused to identify himself to officers.

FOX Q13 reports:

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Activists are calling for change at the Bellingham Police Department after a teenage undocumented immigrant pulled over for a traffic violation ended up in the hands of Border Patrol agents.

15-year old illegal alien Alfredo “Lelo” Juarez was pulled over for driving on the wrong side of the road. He lied by telling officers that he was 18 years old and that he didn’t have a driver’s license.

“I thought I was going to get away with it, but that was a bad mistake that I made,” Juarez said during a press conference.

Being an illegal alien, not only doesn’t Juarez respect our laws, he doesn’t understand them. Police don’t just take your word for things, especially when you are breaking the law. For some odd reason they want some concrete proof about your identity. Juarez refused to properly identify himself or provide any evidence of who he was so the police arrested him.

Figuring that a person with limited English skills, claiming to be 18 years old, and without any ID might be in this country illegally, the police contacted the US Border Patrol. Juarez also refused to properly identify himself to the agents and so they put him in an illegal immigrant detention facility while they tried to figure out who he is.

Eventually Juaez told authorities that he was a 15-year old illegal alien and he was immediately released because I guess it is no longer a crime to be in this country illegally. It’s really the liberal “feel-good” story of the year: Illegal alien breaks several laws and faces no consequences in Obama’s America.

You’d think immigration activists would be happy with the outcome, but lefties are never satisfied:

Activists allege racial profiling is rife in the Bellingham police ranks, saying Lelo’s case is only one of many.

“We wonder how many more people and victims of racial profiling there are,” said Junga Subedar, of the Whatcom Civil Rights Project.

Stay with me here: Juarez was not profiled. He was driving down the wrong side of the street, which is a pretty good reason for police officers to stop him. Driving without a license is an arrestable offense. Lying to police officers is an arrestable offense. Failing to identify yourself to police officer’s is an arrestable offense. Oh, and being in this country illegally is an arrestable offense. Well, it should be if Obama had any interest in enforcing our immigration laws, but you get the point. This illegal alien broke a bunch of laws and the police reacted in an appropriate way.

“Lelo has the courage to say, ‘I want something to be done about this. This wasn’t right,'” said Rosalinda Guillen, of the organization Community to Community Development.

What exactly “wasn’t right” about this? I mean besides the fact that our government just released a criminal illegal alien back into the population. Juarez broke the law and was arrested. That’s how it works here. If he doesn’t like it, he’s welcome to go back to whatever third-world hellhole he came from.

That last statement makes it sound like immigration activists not only don’t want illegal aliens to be deported, but also that they shouldn’t be arrested when they break other laws. I guess when you let ‘em slide on the “illegal alien” thing they start to feel entitled to be above all the rest of our laws as well.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/activists-say-15-year-old-illegal-alien-was-racially-profiled-when-he-was-arrested-for-driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:41:18 am by rangerrebew »