Author Topic: Rush: Trump Declines to Defend Obama's Christianity Out of Deference to Mrs. Clinton -- Who Did It First  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/09/18/trump_declines_to_defend_obama_s_christianity_out_of_deference_to_mrs_clinton_who_did_it_first

Trump Declines to Defend Obama's Christianity Out of Deference to Mrs. Clinton -- Who Did It First
September 18, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Before we go to the phones we have a guy from Miami on the phone. Grab audio sound bite number three, 'cause he's calling about this.  Last night in Rochester, New Hampshire, Q&A, an unidentified audience member and Trump had this exchange...

MAN:  Okay, we have a problem in this country.  It's called Muslims.  We know our current president is one.

TRUMP: Right.

MAN: You know, he's not even an American.

TRUMP:  We need this question! (laughing) This is the first question! (laughing)

AUDIENCE: (laughing)

MAN:  But, anyway, we have training camps growing where they want to kill us.  That's my question.

TRUMP:  We're gonna be looking at a lot of different things and, you know, a lot of people are saying that and a lot of people are saying that bad things are happening out there.  We're gonna be looking at that and plenty of other things.

RUSH:  Okay.  So now there is a cacophony all across the American media because Trump did not correct the guy. He did not protect Obama, didn't shield Obama, didn't correct the guy.  And they're very, very upset about this.  Let's go back and listen to how McCain dealt with something like this.  Let's go back October 10, 2008.  This was in Lakeville, Minnesota.

WOMAN:  I gotta ask you a question.  I do not, uh, believe in... I can't trust Obama.  I have read about him, and he's not -- he's not -- he's a -- he's an Arab.  He is not --

AUDIENCE: (laughing)

MCCAIN:  No, ma'am.

WOMAN: No?

MCCAIN: No, ma'am.  He's a -- he's -- a he's a decent family man.

RUSH:  Right. (impression) "He's a decent family man!  In fact, he's smarter. It's smarter to vote for him than vote for me! He's a decent guy.  Yeah."  That's how we do it.  That's how we seek the approval of the Drive-By Media, and they loved McCain for that.  Last night on CNN Anderson Cooper 360 after playing a clip of that exchange between Trump and the campaign rally guy you just heard, Anderson Cooper weighed in.

COOPER:  He could have at that point said, "You know what?  Muslims in America are not the problem.  You know, by and large the Muslim population in America is well assimilated and are Americans just like anybody else.  We're supporting Muslim regimes around the world.  We have our soldiers and Marines who have fought and died to help Muslims around the world."  He could have said all of that, and that's... I'm imagining he wishes he possibly said that.

RUSH:  Same show, David "Rodham" Gergen was on.  Anderson Cooper said, David "Rodham" Gergen, "Is it the responsibility of a leader like Trump to actually say something like that when one of their [stupid] supporters pipes up?"

GERGEN:  It's the responsibility of the leader to push back against prejudice.  That question was heavily laden with prejudice.  Anderson, the presidency of the United States is not only the most powerful position in the world, but it also carries with it a certain moral responsibility toward the health of a society.  And if you're going to be a serious campaign for president, you've gotta step up to that responsibility.

RUSH:  Chris Christie stepped up on the Today show today, interviewed by Matt Lauer.  Question: Does Mr. Trump need to apologize to the president and to Muslims out there?

CHRISTIE:  He's gotta decide what he wants to do for himself. But I will just tell you that if somebody at one of my town hall meetings said something like that, I would correct them and say, "No, the president's a Christian, and he was born in this country."  Those two things are self-evident, and I wouldn't have permitted that if someone brought that up at a town hall meeting of mine I would have said, "No, listen, before we answer, let's clear up some things up for the rest of the audience," and I think you have an obligation as a leader to do that.

RUSH:  Now we go to Aben in Miami, Florida.  Hi.  Welcome to the program.  Great to have you.  Hello.

CALLER:  Thank you, Rush.

RUSH:  You bet.

CALLER:  Yeah, well, my take on all that is, since when is it Trump's obligation or duty to certify Obama's religion?  He couldn't do it if he wanted to.  He's not with him when he prays.  He's not in his head.  And no one can confirm or deny anyone else's religion. So I just disagree with all of those other pundits and politicians saying that.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34