Author Topic: Report: Military Brass Twisted Reports about US Fight Against ISIS  (Read 518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISIS-Military-Reports-altered/2015/09/16/id/691808/

Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 11:04 AM

The Pentagon's inspector general is examining claims that senior military officers manipulated conclusions about progress against the Islamic State (ISIS), The New York Times reports.

The revisions presented "a more positive picture to the White House, Congress and other intelligence agencies," the newspaper said.

According to the allegations, the United States Central Command's intelligence brass changed conclusions about topics, "including the readiness of Iraqi security forces and the success of the bombing campaign in Iraq and Syria," The Times said.

The probe was launched after a group of intelligence analysts gave investigators documents they say prove their allegations. If proven, it would mean lawmakers on Capitol Hill were receiving a skewed picture of the campaign against ISIS.

"The investigation will address whether there was any falsification, distortion, delay, suppression or improper modification of intelligence information," Bridget Serchak, a spokeswoman for the Pentagon's inspector general, told The Times.

The newspaper said the scandal is likely to be raised Wednesday when Gen. Lloyd Austin III, commander of Central Command, testifies before a Senate panel about the fight against ISIS.

Last Friday, The Times reports, Pentagon investigators spoke to members of Congress concerned about the allegations.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Report: Military Brass Twisted Reports about US Fight Against ISIS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »
IMO they just told Obama what he wanted to hear...and I think somewhere along the line they were ordered to do so..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »
IMO they just told Obama what he wanted to hear...and I think somewhere along the line they were ordered to do so..

I thought the allegation was that Donilon leaned on them to change their reports.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:32:42 pm »
I thought the allegation was that Donilon leaned on them to change their reports.

Yeah I heard that too!
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:48:23 pm »
It appears to me the President wants to be on both sides of the issue; namely....

---he remains worthy of his Peace Prize, by not making the wars larger from the US getting in them, and

---claiming to be doing something about the wars
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln