Author Topic: Glen Beck's Dream President/Cabinet 2016  (Read 1063 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Glen Beck's Dream President/Cabinet 2016
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:29 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/18/glenn-beck-reveals-the-the-individuals-he-would-select-for-a-dream-presidential-cabinet/

Glenn Beck Reveals the Individuals He Would Select for a Dream Presidential Cabinet
Sep. 18, 2015 3:17am Oliver Darcy   

Glenn Beck on his Thursday program revealed the individuals he would like to see in a dream presidential cabinet.

Recording his show in front of a live-studio audience, Beck said he would want Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to serve as president with former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina in the slot of vice president.

Beck suggested Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) serve as secretary of the treasury with former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum being selected for the job of secretary of state.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Glen Beck's Dream President/Cabinet 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:58:21 pm »

Well... yeah... but that assumes that solving problems and making America great is the goal.

And if that was the goal... that's what you would see... so... since you don't see that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 03:03:37 pm »
Rick Santorum as Secretary of State???

:scared smiley:

You've GOT to be kidding me!

How about we try John Bolton instead!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:05:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »

Compared to whom?   Her Heinous and John F'n Kerry?       :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 03:22:35 pm »
Since we are dreaming here I'll have a go at it.

Scott Walker         President

Cary Fiorina          Vice President

David M. Walker  Secretary of the Treasury

John Bolton        Secretary of State

David Petraus     Secretary of Defence

Ben Carson        HHS

Ted Cruz            Chief Justice SCOTUS

Mike Lee             Justice Scotus

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 03:29:25 pm »
Compared to whom?   Her Heinous and John F'n Kerry?       :silly:

Compared to those two you could randomly stop a car on the freeway and install the occupants without doing any harm!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 03:34:12 pm »

I like that. We sure could use a tough Secretary of State in these troubled times.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »
The only place I ever want to see Rick Santorum anywhere near Washington would be as head of the National Weather Service.

Why? Because he'd put the forecasts under copyright and we private meteorologists would have a better chance of actually getting paid for our work instead of getting undercut by the NWS's free, public-domain forecasts.

But let's have a little fun, anyway.
- Secretary of state: The fun side of me wants to nominate someone like Tom Tancredo here just to see certain other countries squirm, but honestly, I don't know who I'd pick for this one. Bigun recommends John Bolton and I'm not inclined to disagree.
- Treasury secretary: Beck recommends Rand Paul here, and I think someone Pauline in their philosophy would be a great fit for how the federal treasury needs to be handled.
- Attorney General: Ted Cruz. Hands down. This is the position Ted was born to have. His skill set is perfect for the position.
- Defense secretary: Ray Odierno. He has a lot of experience in the country's recent military endeavors and has had a good deal of success when given authority to act.
- Secretary of Health and Human Services: Ben Carson is a good choice for this one given his medical background, something better than quite a few of the other people who've held this post as a mere political position.
- Education: Bobby Jindal. Take a look at how he has transformed Louisiana's education system. (Again, here it appears I agree with Beck.)
- Housing and Urban Development: Former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan. His experience would be a good fit for the department's needs.
- Veterans Affairs: I would find somebody who has had experience in the system, one of our wounded warriors. Probably not a household name.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 04:04:47 pm »
The only place I ever want to see Rick Santorum anywhere near Washington would be as head of the National Weather Service.

Why? Because he'd put the forecasts under copyright and we private meteorologists would have a better chance of actually getting paid for our work instead of getting undercut by the NWS's free, public-domain forecasts.

But let's have a little fun, anyway.
- Secretary of state: The fun side of me wants to nominate someone like Tom Tancredo here just to see certain other countries squirm, but honestly, I don't know who I'd pick for this one. Bigun recommends John Bolton and I'm not inclined to disagree.
- Treasury secretary: Beck recommends Rand Paul here, and I think someone Pauline in their philosophy would be a great fit for how the federal treasury needs to be handled.
- Attorney General: Ted Cruz. Hands down. This is the position Ted was born to have. His skill set is perfect for the position.
- Defense secretary: Ray Odierno. He has a lot of experience in the country's recent military endeavors and has had a good deal of success when given authority to act.
- Secretary of Health and Human Services: Ben Carson is a good choice for this one given his medical background, something better than quite a few of the other people who've held this post as a mere political position.
- Education: Bobby Jindal. Take a look at how he has transformed Louisiana's education system. (Again, here it appears I agree with Beck.)
- Housing and Urban Development: Former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan. His experience would be a good fit for the department's needs.
- Veterans Affairs: I would find somebody who has had experience in the system, one of our wounded warriors. Probably not a household name.

I could live with that Jimmy as it still allows for nominating Ted to SCOTUS at some point.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »
Attorney General - Chris Christie.  :whistle: Seriously - he'd be amazing in that position.

Energy Sec - Rick Perry. Name ONE person who knows energy (and it's strengths and weaknesses) better.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 04:39:53 pm »
Attorney General - Chris Christie.  :whistle: Seriously - he'd be amazing in that position.

Energy Sec - Rick Perry. Name ONE person who knows energy (and it's strengths and weaknesses) better.

Excellent suggestions!

Done!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:40:45 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »
Who is Glenn Beck?   :pondering:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:34 pm »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 10:48:05 pm »
I watched the show in its entirety on Roku. I don't think any of us gave much thought to what the perfect cabinet would be yet, but I like his picks. Sad thing is history shows that the also-rans rarely become a cabinet pick.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:22 pm »
I don't know anything about Glen Beck, have not heard much that was positive about him on conservative forums and yet look how much attention he apparently generates.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:56 pm »
There's some more discussion on this here:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,180644.0.html

I watched the show in its entirety on Roku. I don't think any of us gave much thought to what the perfect cabinet would be yet, but I like his picks. Sad thing is history shows that the also-rans rarely become a cabinet pick.   
Of course, take note that this is hardly indicative of history so far. This is the biggest field in a long time, and the current leaders are people who have never held public office and will likely need to surround themselves with people more familiar with the workings of government. It's entirely possible we see a few people from this field in a cabinet—IF the Republicans win, of course.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »
I don't know anything about Glen Beck, have not heard much that was positive about him on conservative forums and yet look how much attention he apparently generates.
He was briefly very popular right in the early days of the Obama administration. He had the benefit of Clear Channel (now iHeart) putting him on a lot of stations as Rush's lead-in during the Bush administration and he had a cable news show for a little while. He was more humorous during his early years, but then when Obama took office he kind of got weird. He was doing a lot of things others didn't, and for a while that got him a lot of support.

But then, I think the turning point was the Eric Massa interview, which he botched. (Eric Massa was my congressman, a Democrat who crossed party leadership in opposing Obamacare and ended up getting accused of doing certain inappropriate things with little boys—which he eventually admitted and was forced to resign.) That, and eventually all the boycotters were basically able to strip him of all his sponsors and he ended up having to start his own network.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:45 pm »
My Dream Team for 2016:

President:           TED CRUZ

Vice President      Rick Perry

Secy' State          Bobby Jindal

Sec'y Treasury      Carly Fiorina

Sec'y Defense       David Petraus

Secy' Labor          Scott Walker

Chief Justice         Mike Lee         
  SCOTUS

Justice                 Rand Paul

Surgeon Gen'l      Ben Carson

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:45:19 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 11:46:51 pm »
My Dream Team for 2016:

President:           TED CRUZ

Vice President      Rick Perry

Secy' State          Bobby Jindal

Sec'y Treasury      Carly Fiorina

Sec'y Defense       David Petraus

Secy' Labor          Scott Walker

Chief Justice         Mike Lee         
  SCOTUS

Justice                 Rand Paul

Surgeon Gen'l      Ben Carson

That works for me as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 02:00:17 am »
Dept. of the Interior - Sarah Palin

HUD - abolished
NLRB - abolished
EPA - abolished WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 08:16:10 pm »
ping for later

Offline raml

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »
 libertybele I agree with your picks would be nice. I doubt it will happen but we can dream can't we.