Author Topic: Dems Try to Block Planned Parenthood Videos at House Hearing  (Read 359 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Try to Block Planned Parenthood Videos at House Hearing
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:59:54 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/17/dems-try-block-planned-parenthood-videos-house-hearing/

by Austin Ruse17 Sep 20151,556
House Republicans showed the gruesome Planned Parenthood videos in a hearing today. Democrats tried to block them.

The hearing in the House subcommittee on health of the Committee on Energy and Commerce was to consider proposals to expand protections for unborn children who survive an abortion and also the federal ban on partial birth abortion.

Reps. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)and Renee Elmers (R-NC) want the Congress to give states the right to withhold federal funding, especially Medicaid funding, if an abortion provider is even suspected to violating either the Infants Born Alive Protection Act or the Partial Birth Abortion Act.

Subcommittee chairman Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA)opened the hearing by showing video of Holly O’Donnell, the StemExpress whistle-blower talking about how a Planned Parenthood staff member showed her starting a baby’s heart. Other footage shown by Pitts showed Planned Parenthood personnel talking about intact fetuses, leading some to believe the children were born alive.

In the committee hearing last week, witnesses said the Democrats refused even to look at them. This time some of them looked, others looked away and still others “panicked,” in the words of one observer. They huddled together and then tried to have sub-committee chairman Pitts stop them. He refused.

The Democrats spent most of the hearing attacking the videos and also attacking David Daleiden and his group for supposedly violating the law. The Democrats repeatedly called the videos “heavily edited” and called Daleiden an “anti-abortion extremist.” They also insisted the bills under consideration were only for the purposes of closing Planned Parenthood permanently, something they say would cause a national crisis in healthcare for poor women.

The Democrats also claimed their staff members had carried out an investigation and found “no evidence” or any of the charges leveled by David Daleiden and his CMP colleagues. Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA)said such conclusions were impossible, since the investigation was only in the preliminary stages.

Dr. Charmaine Yoest, CEO of Americans United for Life, and Casey Mattox of Alliance Defending Freedom testified on behalf of the bill.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Dems Try to Block Planned Parenthood Videos at House Hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:00:22 pm »
As befits a death cult, abortion is the sacrament of liberal theology.

If you doubt me, simply observe the response of Progressive activists whenever they are challenged to face the physical reality of abortion: panic, anger, and hysteria nearly always ensue. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Dems Try to Block Planned Parenthood Videos at House Hearing
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:15:58 pm »
As befits a death cult, abortion is the sacrament of liberal theology.

If you doubt me, simply observe the response of Progressive activists whenever they are challenged to face the physical reality of abortion: panic, anger, and hysteria nearly always ensue.

I don't doubt you for a second Andy! In fact I know what you say to be true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien