Author Topic: Does Carly’s Rise Mean Trump’s Fall?  (Read 305 times)

bkepley

Does Carly’s Rise Mean Trump’s Fall?
« on: September 17, 2015, 08:49:30 pm »
John Fund
NR

The gotcha moment of last night’s debate was when Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, was asked to respond to Donald Trump’s suggestions she didn’t have the “face” to be president (he later claimed he was referring to her “persona.”) “I think women all over this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said,” was Fiorina’s soundbite-perfect response. Trump looked deflated and lamely responded: “I think she’s got a beautiful face and I think she’s a beautiful woman.”

I’ll wait for scientific polls to roll in, but the clear consensus from last night’s debate was that Trump tripped and Carly shined. Since so much of Trump’s rise has been based on his outsider “persona,” we can expect Trump to start bleeding supporters to two other outsiders: the mild-mannered Ben Carson and the feisty Fiorina.

I’ll wait for scientific polls to roll in, but the clear consensus from last night’s debate was that Trump tripped and Carly shined. Since so much of Trump’s rise has been based on his outsider “persona,” we can expect Trump to start bleeding supporters to two other outsiders: the mild-mannered Ben Carson and the feisty Fiorina. Carson — who comes across as someone who could have co-hosted PBS’ old Mr. Rogers’s Neighborhood — was content to float above the fray for most of the marathon three-hour CNN debate, but even he got in a zinger against Trump by calling him “an okay doctor” after the billionaire’s bloviating answer on vaccines and autism — the same term that Trump had used to ridicule the pediatric neurosurgeon earlier this month.
 Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424204/carly-fiorina-debate-donald-trump

:laugh: Missed Carson's zinger....

Godzilla

Re: Does Carly’s Rise Mean Trump’s Fall?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 03:22:11 am »
No. 

Those that support Trump will support Trump no matter what. 

If anything, Fiorina will pull votes from Carson.

(just my two cents)