Author Topic: College Students Call Fiorina a 'Firecracker,' the 'American Thatcher' After Impressive Debate Performance  (Read 845 times)

bkepley

Cortney O'Brien
Townhall

Make no mistake, Carly Fiorina made her mark at the Reagan Library last night. The businesswoman, who has no prior political experience, proved she was not intimidated to stand on the same stage as an all-male group of 2016 GOP contenders, which included governors, senators, and yes, Trump. A Hillsdale College focus group was impressed:

Hillsdale College focus group: 3/15 students were Carly supporters coming into the evening. 14 of 15 said she won the debate. #GOPDebate
— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) September 17, 2015

More here: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2015/09/17/hillsdale-college-students-nearly-unanimous-in-who-won-the-debate-n2053386

Offline olde north church

Several people I know referred to her as a c*nt.  I agree with those I know.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

Several people I know referred to her as a c*nt.  I agree with those I know.

Yes, she is female.  Are you surprised?

Offline olde north church

Yes, she is female.  Are you surprised?

Her response to the soft ball was well-rehearsed.  She is a focus-grouped fraud.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
When I read the headline out loud to my husband, he said, "What college students even know who Margaret Thatcher is?"

I said it probably had to be Liberty University or something like that.  Now that I've read the story - Hillsdale.  Yes, it had to be a college along those lines.  I guarantee that your typical public education liberal type college never talks about Margaret Thatcher. 

Good for these kids!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

Her response to the soft ball was well-rehearsed.  She is a focus-grouped fraud.
e

Iam women, that's it.  **nononono*

Offline NavyCanDo

Sounds like a few people had some sour grapes for breakfast. Or maybe that is just their way of dealing with the winner of the JV debate being invited to the big boys table, and smoking them as well, walking away with a clear victory.

Insult her all you want, Trumpsters, You're only doing your own candidate damage by your immaturity.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MBB1984

HP stock soared 7% the day she was fired.  That speaks volumes.  The merger with Compaq was ill advised and 30,000 HP employees lost their jobs.  Most tech leaders think she was a disaster.

bkepley

HP stock soared 7% the day she was fired.  That speaks volumes.  The merger with Compaq was ill advised and 30,000 HP employees lost their jobs.  Most tech leaders think she was a disaster.

I don't know if that is true.  Opinions are mixed.  Here's another and there are more:

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/compaq-hp-ultimately-urge-merge-was-right

Offline MBB1984

I don't know if that is true.  Opinions are mixed.  Here's another and there are more:

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/compaq-hp-ultimately-urge-merge-was-right

For an opposing view check out this article:

http://fortune.com/2015/09/17/carly-fiorina-business-record/

Since her HP success is very questionable, it is hard for me to see how her past record makes her a good Presidential candidate.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sounds like a few people had some sour grapes for breakfast. Or maybe that is just their way of dealing with the winner of the JV debate being invited to the big boys table, and smoking them as well, walking away with a clear victory.

Insult her all you want, Trumpsters, You're only doing your own candidate damage by your immaturity.

I'm a big fan of Fiorina.   She'd be great in a top cabinet position.  Even as a VP, to attract the woman's vote.

As a Trumpster myself, I'm surprised at the sexist, caveman crapola and vitriol toward Carly Fiorina.

In the 'REAL' business world, anybody who rises to to levels achieved by Fiorina makes a lot of enemies. Or at a minimum, people with grudges.

Especially, if she doing it on ability and not her looks. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

Well, I think she'd be better than Carson, as she has executive experience (even if it's only in the business realm).

That said, she's not my #1 pick.  But I wouldn't be upset if I had to vote for her in the primary.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm a big fan of Fiorina.   She'd be great in a top cabinet position.  Even as a VP, to attract the woman's vote.

As a Trumpster myself, I'm surprised at the sexist, caveman crapola and vitriol toward Carly Fiorina.

While I tend to agree--I thought I'd share this with you.  I found it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtPMq9xxOY

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
While I tend to agree--I thought I'd share this with you.  I found it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtPMq9xxOY

Not good.  LOL!   OTOH, Carly didn't play the victim on what Trump said.  She merely said "Everybody knows what Donald Trump meant...."

If she plays it right, everybody can get a good laugh!   In the meantime, it's a positive for Donald.

But further proves my point that she didn't get where she is on her looks.

Then again, money can do amazing things.   She's very attractive today.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:22:30 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

When I read the headline out loud to my husband, he said, "What college students even know who Margaret Thatcher is?"

I said it probably had to be Liberty University or something like that.  Now that I've read the story - Hillsdale.  Yes, it had to be a college along those lines.  I guarantee that your typical public education liberal type college never talks about Margaret Thatcher. 

Good for these kids!

I thought the exact same thing.  Go to the University of Oregon and ask who Margaret Thatcher was and half would say the girl from Hello God It's Me Margaret, and the other half would say it's Marge Simpson's maiden name. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------