Author Topic: The Debate We Were Supposed to Have.... Jon Gabriel  (Read 2452 times)

Oceander

Re: The Debate We Were Supposed to Have.... Jon Gabriel
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:06:04 am »
The media are pumping Trump because (a) he's very good at coopting them to do his bidding - see The Apprentice (i.e., he's "us" as far as the media is concerned), and (b) it makes for really good trash-talk theatre - think National Inquirer level discussions - and it makes the GOP look like a bunch of blithering idiots, all of which does play into the hands of the DNC.  In other words, the media are using Trump as a foil to set the tone - the narrative - for the 2016 elections, in which the GOP will, once again, be portrayed as a bunch of angry, bitter, out-of-touch, racist, antediluvian crackpots.  And Trump is certainly helping to construct that narrative.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:31 am »
These are serious times. We are not a serious people.
Of course we are a serious people.  The media and their polls today mean nothing.  When the primary votes come in, the GOP voters will choose a serious candidate.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »
Thanks DCP!  It is appreciated by many. I believe the author would like to discuss his article.

That's rich!  Hijack the thread with inappropriate comments and then collect accolades when you suggest moving the off-topic conversation that you started to another thread.

How do you do it D.C.?     :silly:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:21:51 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »
That's rich!  Hijack the thread with inappropriate comments and then collect accolades when you suggest moving the off-topic conversation that you started to another thread.

How do you do it D.C.?     :silly:

Haven't been back here since before Lando posted that.

I'm gonna make an exception here because of your demeanor. 

Realized right off that the thread could be hijacked and didn't want to do that to a new member and personal friend of Myst.

I asked you in what I intended to be.... a nice way, to take it to another thread...which I think I did to carry on the conversation.

Instead of saying, "Sure DC"....you bust my balls.   

In the meantime other posters kept the subject up and here we are.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2015, 08:10:56 pm »
ping

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:53 pm »
Haven't been back here since before Lando posted that.

I'm gonna make an exception here because of your demeanor. 

Realized right off that the thread could be hijacked and didn't want to do that to a new member and personal friend of Myst.

I asked you in what I intended to be.... a nice way, to take it to another thread...which I think I did to carry on the conversation.

Instead of saying, "Sure DC"....you bust my balls.   

In the meantime other posters kept the subject up and here we are.

Dude, you're the one who hijacked the thread... the next response to your hijack was yours, I had already responded... then you talk to me like I'm the one who started the hijack, you suggest moving to another thread and then you fail to respond on any other thread...  it was your move, not mine... then people start complimenting you for suggesting that I move the off-topic conversation that you started somewhere else... but it's not your fault... it's mine...

If that isn't rich, I don't know what is...     :silly:

Just like this... I respond on the thread I am being addressed on... don't want me responding on this thread, don't hijack the thread [again] by addressing me here... I believe this is the second time I've said that on this thread... move to this other thread you are so interested in moving to... it ain't rocket surgery... but I'll bet it's still my fault...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »
Dude, you're the one who hijacked the thread... the next response to your hijack was yours, I had already responded... then you talk to me like I'm the one who started the hijack, you suggest moving to another thread and then you fail to respond on any other thread...  it was your move, not mine... then people start complimenting you for suggesting that I move the off-topic conversation that you started somewhere else... but it's not your fault... it's mine...

If that isn't rich, I don't know what is...     :silly:

Just like this... I respond on the thread I am being addressed on... don't want me responding on this thread, don't hijack the thread [again] by addressing me here... I believe this is the second time I've said that on this thread... move to this other thread you are so interested in moving to... it ain't rocket surgery... but I'll bet it's still my fault...

You have the last word, Dan.   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald