Author Topic: The Debate We Were Supposed to Have.... Jon Gabriel  (Read 2456 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: The Debate We Were Supposed to Have.... Jon Gabriel
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »
We'll see, Forest! 

I like your take on this, but it's flat our wrong here.

Only Trump tapped into ILLEGAL immigration, which we can ALL agree, is a very serious problem Obama created.  If he wouldn't have initiated the conversation, it would continue to simmer until God knows when.  It's now in the spotlight and it's an issue in which most Americans both Conservative and Liberal, can relate.

Not one other candidate mentioned the word "deport".  And Donald Trump has no intention of deporting 20 million people.

But he sure as hell will put a cork in it, and we'll know EXACTLY who's here  that's not supposed to be.

Sorry D.C., but you're taking the blue pill and drinking the Kool-Aid all at once.

If the media didn't want The Donald going anywhere... he wouldn't...

The fact that he is, means that they do, and that should raise questions in people's minds...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:25 pm »
OPapaDoc is also very good illustration of that.  Trump is simply a different brand of narcissist, with an R behind his name.

And... as the first was a media creation... so is the second...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:32 pm »
At least you have the right question now... recognizing that the media did it deliberately is a good first step...

If the entire nation asked that question... the Trump 'phenomenon' would quickly fade... which is near and dear to your heart, right?

Understand?

I must confess that after you painfully sticking to your conspiracy theory in the Vester Flanagan murders during a live television report, it's difficult to take your theory here with much credence.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »
This is precisely my fear. Perry and Walker were two of my top picks.

I get the point of your article.

But, executive amnesty was shoved down our throat and glossed over by establishment GOP.

The issue of illegal immigration is a hot button issue that a majority of Americans want fixed--not through periodic amnesties, but thought permanently solution which includes building a wall. Trump made that his signature issue. That's why Trump is the news and Perry and Walker aren't.

Solve illegal immigration, and about a dozen other issues from welfare, to healthcare, to school overcrowding, to falling wages, to drug smuggling, and crime in boarder communities all go away.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 06:49:28 pm »
I must confess that after you painfully sticking to your conspiracy theory in the Vester Flanagan murders during a live television report, it's difficult to take your theory here with much credence.

I must confess that I expect nothing less from someone who believes that what the media tells them is the truth.

You didn't see any blood... you didn't even see anyone fall down after getting 'shot'... the 'victims' were known actors... yet you believe what the media tells you... even though it conveniently advances their liberal gun-control agenda...

That's blue-pill Kool-Aid for sure...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »
I must confess that I expect nothing less from someone who believes that what the media tells them is the truth.

You didn't see any blood... you didn't even see anyone fall down after getting 'shot'... the 'victims' were known actors... yet you believe what the media tells you... even though it conveniently advances their liberal gun-control agenda...

LOL!  Dan, I don't believe ANYTHING the media reports.  Get it?

I simply believe what my eyes are seeing unfold.

The MSM tried desperately to 'kill' Trump's bid as soon as he said "I prefer heroes that don't get captured".   It blew up in their faces.

If the MSM could have finished Donald Trump's dream it would have happened already after McCain, Kelly, etc..  They're freaking out!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:50 pm »
Come on, DC, don't get him started. Take this to another thread. We have the OP author here. Let's take advantage of that.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »

Where did the 'victims' go?   The shooter's body?   Or, were they all double crossed like in some political assassination flick?   :laugh:

And if that's the case, what about the dead girl and video guy's family?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »
Come on, DC, don't get him started. Take this to another thread. We have the OP author here. Let's take advantage of that.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »

You're right....but the point had to be made here.  Thanks. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »
LOL!  Dan, I don't believe ANYTHING the media reports.  Get it?

I simply believe what my eyes are seeing unfold.

The MSM tried desperately to 'kill' Trump's bid as soon as he said "I prefer heroes that don't get captured".   It blew up in their faces.

If the MSM could have finished Donald Trump's dream it would have happened already after McCain, Kelly, etc..  They're freaking out!

The media kills by means of omission as well as commission, hence the good people who are dropping out.  The media knows who Trump's target audience is and they played right to it.

You 'believe what your eyes are seeing' just like you 'saw' people get shot on live T.V. when you saw nothing of the sort.

You only see what the media wants you to see...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »
Where did the 'victims' go?   The shooter's body?   Or, were they all double crossed like in some political assassination flick?   :laugh:

And what about the frame-grab of Flanagan with a 6:00 am time-stamp on it when the 'shooting' supposedly happened at 6:46 am?

And the BBC crew ordered to delete video because it might be 'evidence'...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:04:06 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:47 pm »
And what about the frame-grab of Flanagan with a 6:00 am time-stamp on it when the 'shooting' supposedly happened at 6:46 am?

And the BBC crew ordered to delete video because it might be 'evidence'...

Let's take this to another thread, Dan.  Thanks for your consideration.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 07:50:30 pm »

You're the one who brought it up, not me.

Don't want me to respond here... don't post it here...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:51:27 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 07:58:21 pm »
These are serious times. We are not a serious people.

This is the money quote and it is spot on.  If the Trump phenomenon has shown us anything, it's this.  I don't blame Trump for it, however.  In fact, I credit him for bringing to light the fact that we are so shallow.  If he wins, then it will speak volumes about the inherent flaw in democracy, where everyone's point of view has equal validity.  Unconstrained by constitutionally-limited government, democracy can easily be manipulated by a charismatic narcissist.   OPapaDoc is also very good illustration of that.  Trump is simply a different brand of narcissist, with an R behind his name.

Why are you assuming that American citizens who have been ignored and maligned are not a "serious" people?  Why do you think their fury and demand for real, substantive change is frivolous at best and the inherent flaw in democracy at worst?

The very "serious", know-it-all elitists have spent years debating the quality of the lint in their navels while the US is being destroyed from within.  This has not gone unnoticed. 

Pendulums swing, my friend --- and this one is tightly wound.  Is it too much to expect your "serious" class to figure this out?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 08:16:54 pm »
Why are you assuming that American citizens who have been ignored and maligned are not a "serious" people?  Why do you think their fury and demand for real, substantive change is frivolous at best and the inherent flaw in democracy at worst?

Know what you call a large group of very angry people?

A mob.

Not a movement.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 08:24:38 pm »
Know what you call a large group of very angry people?

A mob.

Not a movement.

You've got it wrong, close--but still wrong. 

A mob would be storming Washington, DC with torches and pitchforks.

This group's energized by a political candidate---and will have their say at a political polling booth.  They are an exemplary political movement!

:patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »
You've got it wrong, close--but still wrong. 

A mob would be storming Washington, DC with torches and pitchforks.

This group's energized by a political candidate---and will have their say at a political polling booth.  They are an exemplary political movement!

:patriot:

Totally.  :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 08:54:14 pm »
OK I bite. ...why is the media doing this?  I guess to make money?
Perhaps. They need to pay off their NFL contracts, which are not cheap.

But I do note that two of the major spoilers in the previous three elections—Trump in 2016 and Fred Thompson in 2008—were both employees of NBC, in their entertainment division, immediately before entering their respective races. Once is a fluke; twice is a trend. It seriously looks like NBC was behind this, despite their distancing and denials.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 08:55:03 pm »
Thanks for posting my article! I couldn't remember my old password for my anonymous name, so I decided to make a new one.
Welcome to the board, Jon. One of the guys I follow on Twitter retweets your stuff a lot. Good stuff.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »
This is precisely my fear. Perry and Walker were two of my top picks.

Exactly. This kind of noise has the potential to knock out the serious candidate with its own form of populism, cult of personality.

Jon, thank you. I am hopeful you hang around. Truly, I am.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2015, 10:17:50 pm »
Exactly. This kind of noise has the potential to knock out the serious candidate with its own form of populism, cult of personality.

Jon, thank you. I am hopeful you hang around. Truly, I am.

Definitely a cult of personality.  Trump should use it for his theme.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »

Thanks DCP!  It is appreciated by many. I believe the author would like to discuss his article.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2015, 10:36:46 pm »

Not to continue to derail the thread, but the living victim did an interview with Greta Van Susteren and part of it was shown last night. Her experience and her wounds were most definitely NOT a hoax.

Back to the topic at hand.......

(I agree with the author, btw.  GOOD article).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Godzilla

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2015, 11:52:49 pm »
Sorry D.C., but you're taking the blue pill and drinking the Kool-Aid all at once.

If the media didn't want The Donald going anywhere... he wouldn't...

The fact that he is, means that they do, and that should raise questions in people's minds...

I have a different take.

The media only cares about one thing... making money.  They don't care what they say or what they do to get it.  That's why we see so many articles now with misleading titles, for they are 'click-bait' and the media is hoping you will click on the link so they can earn some advertising money.

And Trump has a lot of money.

So do his opponents.

That means the media will feed the Trump frenzy, hoping that massive quantities of money are spent on advertising for/against.  All of which they get to take to the bank.