Author Topic: Defcon 1: Bill Kristol Threatens Third Party Support If Trump Wins Nom  (Read 2621 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Defcon 1: Bill Kristol Threatens Third Party Support If Trump Wins Nom
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »
Maybe they just can't picture a clown like Trump in the White House?  I can't either.

Believe it or not, I like you bkepley. But, by dismissing Trump as a clown you miss opportunities to hit him on substance. Throw in some concrete facts and you might get people to actually hear why you object to Trump.

Trump supporters will gloss over your ad hominems. So it seems to me, you're actually helping Trump. Jmho.

bkepley

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:17 pm »
Believe it or not, I like you bkepley. But, by dismissing Trump as a clown you miss opportunities to hit him on substance. Throw in some concrete facts and you might get people to actually hear why you object to Trump.

Trump supporters will gloss over your ad hominems. So it seems to me, you're actually helping Trump. Jmho.

I was only answering an ad hominem with an ad hominem.  I respect the neo-cons and know they are better than what was said of them.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 01:03:08 pm »
I was only answering an ad hominem with an ad hominem.  I respect the neo-cons and know they are better than what was said of them.

That's fine. I wish you well.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »
Bill Kristol can kiss my arse.

You should be happy that Bill Kristol dislikes Trump! That is a BIG plus for Tump in conservative circles as Kristol, like George Will and some others, can't stand  ANY actual conservative!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »
Everyone seems to be forgetting that this isn't a one man show with Carson virtually tied with Trump in many polls,. Together their support reaches about 50%, with the rest spread among the other candidates going into tonite's debate.

Trump doesn't have a runaway lead or a lock on this nomination. Everyone losing their heads over this needs to take a step back and breathe for a bit. There will need to be alot of consolidation before we get a true picture of who the leader is, assuming it even ends up being a one man or woman race going into Iowa. We got alot of debates and time till we get there.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:41 pm »
Everyone seems to be forgetting that this isn't a one man show with Carson virtually tied with Trump in many polls,. Together their support reaches about 50%, with the rest spread among the other candidates going into tonite's debate.

Trump doesn't have a runaway lead or a lock on this nomination. Everyone losing their heads over this needs to take a step back and breathe for a bit. There will need to be alot of consolidation before we get a true picture of who the leader is, assuming it even ends up being a one man or woman race going into Iowa. We got alot of debates and time till we get there.

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 01:34:28 pm »

The good news is there are many non-Trump candidates who I would be perfectly happy to see in the White House. That's how good our bench is.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 03:06:24 pm »

This is true.  I would not give Trump any more than a 30 percent chance of getting the nomination at this point.  But I would rate his chances better than anyone else's.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 04:48:34 pm »
I will NEVER vote for this self-aggrandizing megalomaniac.  He will always put himself first, and Trump does what is best for Trump.

Which, when it comes to what is good for America, is not necessarily going to be good for America.

I may be wrong, but weren't you one of the folks on this forum who has been telling those of us on the 'far right' that we had to vote for whoever the GOP coughed up as a candidate or otherwise we'd be responsible for a Hitlery win? 
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 04:55:47 pm »
I may be wrong, but weren't you one of the folks on this forum who has been telling those of us on the 'far right' that we had to vote for whoever the GOP coughed up as a candidate or otherwise we'd be responsible for a Hitlery win?

All bets are off when it comes to the rodeo clown, Trump.  Trump, the charlatan, the megalomaniac, the idiot, the lousy businessman, the sexist, the racist.

But I did hear something good about him from the crowd. They said he loves children. He loves them boiled and served with a little tartar sauce.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »
The thing is, Kristol wouldn't vote for Palin, Cruz, Paul, and more than likely a handful of the other candidates if they were leading instead of Trump. So the whole Trump things with Kristol is a distraction, this is nothing but GOPe whining that one of their guys isn't the head of the pack.

They aren't going to vote for anyone they don't like, but demand we vote for their guy. They can take it for the team and eat it cold, then ask for more please sir.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:55:45 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
The thing is, Kristol wouldn't vote for Palin, Cruz, Paul, and more than likely a handful of the other candidates if they were leading instead of Trump. So the whole Trump things with Kristol is a distraction, this is nothing but GOPe whining that one of their guys isn't the head of the pack.

They aren't going to vote for anyone they don't like, but demand we vote for their guy. They can take it for the team and eat it cold, then ask for more please sir.

I get the feeling Trump will pick up enough crossover support to put him into the White House, if he is the nominee by correct.  If he gets screwed by the GOP, all bets are off and enough people will have seen the screwing so the signed RNC contract will be broken. 
My concern will be the electoral college and an independent candidate.  We've never had an independent or third party winning candidate.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 06:02:14 pm »
All bets are off when it comes to the rodeo clown, Trump.  Trump, the charlatan, the megalomaniac, the idiot, the lousy businessman, the sexist, the racist.

But I did hear something good about him from the crowd. They said he loves children. He loves them boiled and served with a little tartar sauce.

I prefer them grilled, with wing sauce. But that's close enough to get me behind him if he wins the nomination. And since "all bets are off", I don't expect to hear anymore of that "we must back the nominee" bullsh*t on this forum if it's a candidate I won't vote for.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 06:11:37 pm »
I get the feeling Trump will pick up enough crossover support to put him into the White House, if he is the nominee by correct.  If he gets screwed by the GOP, all bets are off and enough people will have seen the screwing so the signed RNC contract will be broken. 
My concern will be the electoral college and an independent candidate.  We've never had an independent or third party winning candidate.

I'm inclined to agree and that is what is scary. One of the manifestations of the disease of liberalism is that They will be in charge, even if they are in the pilot's seat as they fly it on fire right into the ground. The GOPe doesn't care if they open that Pandora's box, and we'll suffer the consequences of whatever happens.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:57 pm »

I agree.  Unless there is a third party candidate, Trump's biggest challenge will be winning the nomination.  The general will be a cakewalk by comparison.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »
I agree.  Unless there is a third party candidate, Trump's biggest challenge will be winning the nomination.  The general will be a cakewalk by comparison.

Total agreement. Trump gets the nomination, he wins the presidency.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 07:07:50 pm »
Here is the actual history of third party  election results.

Careful study reveals that in modern times, none won, but some influenced the outcome. It is widely held, but not proved, that Perot swung the 1992 election to Clinton, for instance.

Who is Bill Kristol, these days? Just somebody else trying to get attention from saying the outrageous?

That role is already taken, Bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_third_party_performances_in_United_States_elections
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln