Author Topic: 'It's a matter of time until ISIS in Sinai attempts terror attack against Israel'  (Read 291 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It is only a matter of time before Islamic State's affiliate in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula attempts to carry out a terror attack against Israel, Col. Yehuda Hacohen, the commander of the IDF's Sagi Battalion which operates on the border said in an interview with Army Radio on Wednesday.

The organization formerly known as Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis pledged allegiance to Islamic State last year, changing its name to the Sinai Province. It has waged a war against Egyptian security forces in the Sinai Peninsula, which, according to Hacohen, has contributed to its decision not to attack Israel.

"Their decision not to launch terror attacks against Israel is a rational decision...they are focusing today on fighting against Egypt. They are in a state of constant friction with the Egyptian forces. They prefer not to open up another front, certainly not a front with Israel. They know that the price they would have to pay there would be heavy," Hacohen said.

The IDF commander, however, does not envision the quiet on the border being maintained.

"In the end it must be remembered, this organization was formed by terrorists that dream of a terror attack against Israel, and it will come. It's clear that there will be a terror attack against Israel, I believe that it will happen during my tenure," he warned.

He said that his forces prepare with the expectation that such an attack could come at any moment.

"I teach my people to expect it to come tomorrow, to always be ready for it. When it happens, my doctrine is that we must strike a very strong blow at the same point and ensure that there are zero successful actions for the enemy," he said.

Read more: http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Its-a-matter-of-time-until-ISIS-in-Sinai-attempts-terror-attack-against-Israel-416278
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink