Author Topic: Gays, Transgenders, 'Nun on the Bus' Invited to White House Pope Francis Reception  (Read 453 times)

Offline Paladin

"Guests at the White House reception for Pope Francis on September 23 will include several gay and transgender persons, a controversial nun, a radical preacher and a gay Episcopal bishop.

Several of the invitations to the event, which is part of the pope's three-city tour of America September 22-27, were offered by Vivian Taylor. Taylor, 30, considers himself transgender, which means he identifies as a sex different from his biology. Taylor has male anatomy but dresses and presents himself as female. Until March of this year he was the Executive Director of Integrity USA, a homosexual and transgender activist wing of the Episcopal Church. Taylor lives in Boston and is now freelance writing.

"A few months ago I received an invitation from the White House to attend the reception for Pope Francis," Taylor told CNS News. "I was told I could bring several friends with me." Taylor chose five additional people to go with him. He would also "rather not say" which White House staffer made the offer. “I’m very happy to meet my brother in Christ, Pope Francis,” he said. “I’m glad we can bring some LGBT representation to the event.”

The five people Taylor chose to go to the White House are:

Nicole Santamaria, the Secretary of Asociacion Colectivo Alejandria, “a collective of transgender and intersex people seeking to promote awareness, provide training and education, and advocate for their community.”

Marcia Garber, a member of Dignity Boston, a group of Catholic advocates for gay and transgender persons. Garber’s son C.J. was transgender, born female but presenting as male. She committed suicide in 2009.

Mateo Williamson, a transgender Catholic and the former co-chairman of Transgender Caucus for Dignity USA.

Rev. Stephanie Spellers, a Episcopal theologian. Spellers wasn’t able to register for the event in time, but tells CNS News she “did get the invite.” Spellers is the author of "Radical Welcome: Embracing God, the Other, and the Spirit of Transformation."

Rev. Cameron Partridge, the first transgender person to preach at Washington National Cathedral."

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/gays-transgenders-nun-bus-invited-white-house-pope-francis-reception
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mountaineer

In other words, the usual collection of freaks, cranks and loonies that have attended White House functions in the past 6 or so years.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cammie

If my current Pope had the cojones, he would call BO out on this obvious attempt to embarrass him at a reception in his honor.
What a jerk our President is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:54:01 pm by cammie »

Offline flowers

Will the white house invited or bring all those dead baby parts that PP sold?  I bet they could and nobody would say a thing. Somewhere Hugo Chavez is laughing his ass off. So is Lenin, Marx, Hitler etc. After the EO's bam signed this week, this is really nothing compared to what they have left on their list for us. This pope was just a pick to continue the lefts agenda.  **nononono*