Author Topic: Actress Emily Blunt: GOP Debate Made Her Regret US Citizenship  (Read 1413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Actress Emily Blunt: GOP Debate Made Her Regret US Citizenship
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/emily-blunt-actress-gop-debate-us/2015/09/15/id/691709/

By Greg Richter   |   Tuesday, 15 Sep 2015 05:42 PM

British-born actress Emily Blunt became an American citizen last month, and said she immediately regretted it after watching the first GOP presidential debate.

"I became an American citizen recently, and that night, we watched the Republican debate, and I thought, 'This was a terrible mistake. What have I done?'" she told the Hollywood Reporter.

Blunt is currently promoting her latest film, "Sicario."

Presidential politics isn't the only problem Blunt has with U.S. citizenship. She said last week on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that although she now has dual citizenship, her oath technically required her to swear non-allegiance to Queen Elizabeth.

"I'm not sure I'm entirely thrilled about it," she told Kimmel. "People ask me about it the whole day. They were like, 'Oh, it must have been so emotional.' I was like, 'It wasn't! It was sad!' I like being British."

Twitter was pretty blunt in it's assessment, with many suggesting the actress go back to England if she doesn't like America.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

Re: Actress Emily Blunt: GOP Debate Made Her Regret US Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:19:15 am »
You can undo it and please do we don't need anymore young idiots like you we seem to breed many of our own and wish they would go some where else too. You certainly seem to like the money here.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 04:28:03 am »
In fairness to Ms Blunt the original video, which I cannot find, not even on YouTube, shows her saying this in a tongue in cheek manner. Yes, I have seen it. O'Reilly broadcast it tonight.

OTOH, she's also said to be a supporter of Elizabeth Warren and she's married to equally devoted Liberal John Krasinski (of "Office" fame). So the two of them are lost to humanity, stupid comments or no.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 02:10:18 pm »
Too bad.  Another actor/actress I like who should have kept her mouth shut......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:02 pm »
 buh bye

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »
One is tempted to respond in kind, but I suspect that the ongoing Islamicization of Britain and the recent ascendency of the Marxist Left in their Labour Party will in time conspire to make Ms. Blunt wish she'd kept her mouth shut. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 02:36:39 pm »
She should leave.  Our loss will be....no one's gain.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 03:15:34 pm »
And I regret buying a ticket to EDGE OF TOMORROW....so we're even sweetheart.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 03:19:28 pm »

I recall her as "Emily" in The Devil Wears Prada, Miranda Priestly's whiny, self-involved, and drearily unhappy personal assistant, before Anne Hathaway's character arrived to relieve her. I like the film a great deal and for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it has a very conservative message at its core: in business, no one cares if you think your boss is mean or if your feelings get hurt; competence and effort are all that matters. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »
Too bad.  Another actor/actress I like who should have kept her mouth shut......
BINGO!!!!  If they just would kept their mouths shut. I won't watch many films now a days because of some of these people spouting off.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 08:35:52 pm »
"Our loss is their loss."
—alternately attributed to Oscar Levant or George Burns, when describing Milton Berle leaving the Jewish faith and joining Christian Science
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 08:41:30 pm »
—alternately attributed to Oscar Levant or George Burns, when describing Milton Berle leaving the Jewish faith and joining Christian Science

Jim, you absolutely fascinate me. You come up with references that seem impossible for someone your age. But it's good to know the great Golden age of Hollywood is still alive and well in the minds of many.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »

Wish I'd thought of that!   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 01:37:25 am »
I'd never heard of Emily Blunt until I read this article...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »
I'd never heard of Emily Blunt until I read this article...

I really liked her in The Young Victoria.  Nice movie.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:36 am »
musiclady wrote:
[[ I really liked her in The Young Victoria.  Nice movie. ]]

The last time I was in a movie theater was 1993. I have no intentions of returning.

I don't watch "modern" films (post 1993) on tv, either (watch next-to-no tv anyway).

I -did- just walk upstairs a few minutes ago after watching the 1954 film "Demetrius and the Gladiators". Had never seen it before.

Regardless of his politics, the Turner Classic Movies channel shows some good stuff, many films restored completely...

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 02:45:21 am »
Clearly, her talents lie someplace other than her brain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 02:47:09 am »
musiclady wrote:
[[ I really liked her in The Young Victoria.  Nice movie. ]]

The last time I was in a movie theater was 1993. I have no intentions of returning.

I don't watch "modern" films (post 1993) on tv, either (watch next-to-no tv anyway).

I -did- just walk upstairs a few minutes ago after watching the 1954 film "Demetrius and the Gladiators". Had never seen it before.

Regardless of his politics, the Turner Classic Movies channel shows some good stuff, many films restored completely...

The Young Victoria is a period piece about the early years of Queen Victoria and her relationship with and love for Prince Albert.

It's a great romantic/historic piece.

If you like Turner Classics (my favorite), you'd probably like Victoria.  (If you don't think about what a ditz Emily Blunt is!  ^-^ )