Author Topic: Trump hammers 'this sanctuary cities crap' and jokes about replacing Obamacare with 'Donaldcare' as women CRY with joy and 20,000 enthralled Texans roar 90 minute speech  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Look guys, there's no all or nothing with Trump. He's a mixed bag. Is he a true blue Cruz level conservative? No. Is he Hillary Clinton? No. He's hard to pin down as most rogue iconoclasts are. He's good at PR but doesn't have the deepest of intellect, but balances that with experience and a forceful manner of saying what he means.

He's both good and bad for the party. Good because he's destroying the GOPe while showing some great cajones on various issues, but bad because he might lead the party into the reality show weeds while we know there are true conservative candidates out there to nominate. He is definitely one hell of a risk: he might be another Reagan, or he might be an Arnold Schwarzenegger. He might even be a Hillary trojan horse, assuming she can even still get the nomination. Then again he might deliver and even surprise.

He's not my choice, but I don't despise him either. Trump is not the only dog in this fight, Carson is right up there and Fiorina not far behind, with others like Cruz hanging in there. When the wannabes start dropping that support will consolidate, then we will really see where the race is at. Those 2 an 3 percenter candidates' support shifting to another will add up quick. I guess I'm just letting things play out.

And having a fair amount of experience in GOP politics, all I can say is keep your pants on. There's alot of time between now and June, or even now and January. Things can change with one debate as we've seen with Fiorina and Carson, and they likely will again, several times.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:04:40 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Look guys, there's no all or nothing with Trump. He's a mixed bag. Is he a true blue Cruz level conservative? No. Is he Hillary Clinton? No. He's hard to pin down as most rogue iconoclasts are. He's good at PR but doesn't have the deepest of intellect, but balances that with experience and a forceful manner of saying what he means.

He's both good and bad for the party. Good because he's destroying the GOPe while showing some great cajones, but bad because he might lead the party into the reality show weeds while we know there are true conservative candidates out there to nominate. He is definitely one hell of a risk: he might be another Reagan, or he might be an Arnold Schwarzenegger. He might even be a Hillary trojan horse, assuming she can even still get the nomination. Then again he might deliver and even surprise.

He's not my choice, but I don't despise him either. Trump is not the only dog in this fight, Carson is right up there and Fiorina not far behind, with others like Cruz hanging in there. When the wannabes start dropping that support will consolidate, then we will really see where the race is at. Those 2 an 3 percenter candidates support shifting to another will add up quick. I guess I'm just letting things play out.

And having a fair amount of experience in GOP politics, all I can say is keep your pants on. There's alot of time between now and June, or even now and January. Things can change with one debate as we've seen with Fiorina and Carson, and they likely will again, several times.

Yes, there is a lot of time between now and June and I am sure there will be a few surprises along the way. The biggest problems that I see for most candidates is money, Carson and Fiorina included.  With Bush's money all he really has to do is sit around and wait for those who run out of money to drop off. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

He's both good and bad for the party. Good because he's destroying the GOPe while showing some great cajones on various issues, but bad because he might lead the party into the reality show weeds while we know there are true conservative candidates out there to nominate. He is definitely one hell of a risk: he might be another Reagan, or he might be an Arnold Schwarzenegger. He might even be a Hillary trojan horse, assuming she can even still get the nomination. Then again he might deliver and even surprise.

He's not my choice, but I don't despise him either. Trump is not the only dog in this fight, Carson is right up there and Fiorina not far behind, with others like Cruz hanging in there. When the wannabes start dropping that support will consolidate, then we will really see where the race is at. Those 2 an 3 percenter candidates' support shifting to another will add up quick. I guess I'm just letting things play out.

Good post, FV!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yes, there is a lot of time between now and June and I am sure there will be a few surprises along the way. The biggest problems that I see for most candidates is money, Carson and Fiorina included.  With Bush's money all he really has to do is sit around and wait for those who run out of money to drop off.

And that's a very valid point, once the more moderate candidates start dropping out like Kasich and Christie, and especially if someone with some solid support stumbles or runs out of gas. Bush just needs to be smart and bide his time while the field consolidates, and no one should forget that. He can afford to play the long game while the weaker ones burn bright and then burn out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:18:32 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Money is a necessary but not sufficient condition for getting the nomination.  Let's not forget Phil Gramm.

Trump gets free media that values out at many millions more than anyone has raised.  Money could be way overrated in 2016.

Offline olde north church

Money is a necessary but not sufficient condition for getting the nomination.  Let's not forget Phil Gramm.

Trump gets free media that values out at many millions more than anyone has raised.  Money could be way overrated in 2016.

If you think about it, Trump has actually made Obama look like a piker in some ways.  obama had the news people.  Trump is the news.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.