Author Topic: Is Trump the first-ever Teflon Republican?  (Read 257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Trump the first-ever Teflon Republican?
« on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:25 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/09/is_trump_the_firstever_teflon_republican.html

September 15, 2015
By Michael Bargo Jr.

As Donald Trump’s faux pas stack up and the national anti-GOP news media try to blow each incident into a campaign-ending event, Trump’s popularity seems to grow.  This frustrates both those Republican Presidential candidates who want to gain in popularity and the media who want to knock him down the way they knocked down Herman Cain and Mitt Romney.

What observers and analysts may be seeing is something they have never seen before with a Republican candidate: a Teflon® coating to media attacks.  The Teflon man label was first applied to Bill Clinton who outlasted a seemingly endless series of career-ending faux pas.  Clinton had a different set of issues: a predatory sexual appetite and financial corruption.  Trump’s issues deal with what many see as overly aggressive positions on such things as illegal immigration and foreign policy.

Clinton was aggressive toward women, Trump is a bully toward anyone who criticizes him or calls him out on his comments.  Clinton was a smooth talker who got away with historic abuse of young women while in office.  Trump gets away with violating political correctness and is more policy oriented, giving solutions that seem extreme.

Liberal commentators have always demanded that Republicans have moral standards while they avoid moral criticism of their own, such as Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton.  This means the Trump phenomenon may be something new.  It seems that while Republicans were never able to overcome the media’s double standard, with Trump that has changed.

Donald Trump may be the first Republican Teflon Man.  He may enjoy the immunity from criticism for his extreme characterizations of his opponents and issues that was previously enjoyed only by Democrats in politics.   This is good news for Republicans and may signal a sea change in politics since liberal commentators can no longer overwhelm the media with accusations of insensitivity and win the day.

This is accompanied by an identical rejection of Hillary Clinton’s attempts to teflonize herself from criticism of her email issue.  No longer can Hillary play, like Bill did, Obi Wan Knobi to a gullible electorate.  She is not getting away with waving her hand and saying, “these are not the emails you’re looking for,” “I can go about my campaign,” and to the conservative media “you can go about your business.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Is Trump the first-ever Teflon Republican?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:09:12 pm »

He is and there is a reason for that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Re: Is Trump the first-ever Teflon Republican?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:14:04 pm »
I believe this is directly proportional to the growth of the Internet and alternative conservative media. We are still in the early stage, however. I'm hopeful that in time we will have even more victories and begin a cascade effect into other institutions like universities and Hollywood.