Author Topic: Miss Colorado: Ellen DeGeneres Should Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill  (Read 1058 times)

rangerrebew

Miss Colorado: Ellen DeGeneres Should Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:56:31 am »
Miss Colorado: Ellen DeGeneres Should Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill
By Penny Starr | September 14, 2015 | 12:44 PM EDT

The announcement by the U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew in July that a woman would be featured on a newly minted $10 bill inspired a question by judges at the Miss America pageant, televised on Sunday night.

Pageant judge and TV judge on the series “Shark Tank,” Kevin O’Leary, asked Miss Colorado, Kelley Johnson, whom she thought should be honored by having their image replace Alexander Hamilton on the currency.

“The grinning blonde closed her eyes for a fleeting moment and replied: ‘Oh my goodness! Thank you for that question. The person that I would put on the $10 bill would be Ellen DeGeneres,’” Johnson said, as reported by US Weekly. “I think that woman is so amazing."

Social media buzzed, and many speculated Johnson meant to say Eleanor Roosevelt, but Johnson’s answer seemed to confirm her admiration for the lesbian talk show host and her choice of DeGeneres to replace one of America’s founding fathers on the bill.

“Not only is she kind, not only is she intelligent," Johnson said. "Not only is her entire platform speaking tolerance and equality for all and kindness, but she's able to be funny without insulting someone, and I think that is an incredible feat.”

The US Weekly article noted that Johnson is a nurse who broke with tradition on the talent portion of the contest by donning medical scrubs and reciting a monologue about one of her patients who has Alzheimer’s disease.

Miss Georgia Betty Cantrell was ultimately crowned Miss America 2016.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/penny-starr/miss-colorado-thinks-ellen-degeneres-should-replace-alexander-hamilton-10-bill
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:57:06 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Miss Colorado: Ellen DeGeneres Should Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:59:28 am »
If liberals are thirsting for a female liberal for the ten dollar bill, they should demand the liberal of women's liberals - Helen Thomas.  She represents all that is beautiful and nurturing about women. :3:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:22:31 pm »
If liberals are thirsting for a female liberal for the ten dollar bill, they should demand the liberal of women's liberals - Helen Thomas.  She represents all that is beautiful and nurturing about women. :3:

Lmao!

Hey, I love liberals. Without them around how would we tell who the sane folks are?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 01:25:27 pm »
Where's that collage of all the unfortunate looking liberal women?  Let's choose one of them!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 02:12:10 pm »
In all seriousness, federal law requires that any likeness on U.S. money be dead. That was because some government bureaucrat back in the Civil War decided he wanted to put his own face on a dollar bill—and he did. Quite a few people weren't happy about that.

So, unless Ms. DeGeneres ceases to be, that's not going to happen.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 02:19:20 pm »
That was because some government bureaucrat back in the Civil War decided he wanted to put his own face on a dollar bill—and he did. Quite a few people weren't happy about that.

Hey Jimmy, with your owl avatar and comment on the $1... did you ever notice the little owl just to the upper-left of the 1 in the upper-right corner of the bill?

You'll need a magnifying-glass to see it... but it's there... wonder why someone put that there?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 02:20:26 pm »
In all seriousness, federal law requires that any likeness on U.S. money be dead. That was because some government bureaucrat back in the Civil War decided he wanted to put his own face on a dollar bill—and he did. Quite a few people weren't happy about that.

So, unless Ms. DeGeneres ceases to be, that's not going to happen.

Thanks for that info. You're a pretty sharp guy for a whippersnapper. (I have two unmarried daughters left. I'll give them your name... They love brainy men ^-^)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:28 pm »
By the way, my youngest lives upstate near State University of New York, Potsdam where she just completed her degree in mathematics.  888blackhat

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »
Our schools are really failing when a young woman has such admiration for an entertainer that she wants them to be put on our currency. What idiots all of the contestants seemed to be. I really see no good coming from this current young generation glad I won't be around when they finally takeover the reigns of government if we think it is bad now just wait.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 05:32:12 pm »
ping

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 09:23:56 pm »
Wouldn't it make more sense to have her on a two dollar bill?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 09:31:15 pm »
Wouldn't it make more sense to have her on a two dollar bill?

:silly:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 11:16:07 pm »

Wrong answer little missy.   

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Godzilla

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:19:55 pm »
And for our $10,000,000 note:

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »
Wrong answer little missy.   

At this rate he may not be long for this world. As soon as his TV stops he won't have all that attention. Heck if he wasn't worth millions he wouldn't have as many of his new friends around.