Author Topic: Pentagon To Protect Recruiters With 'Desk Partitions,' No Guns  (Read 445 times)

Offline Paladin

Pentagon To Protect Recruiters With 'Desk Partitions,' No Guns
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:08:25 am »
"Homeland Security: The Pentagon has decided against arming recruiters in the wake of the Chattanooga terror attack that killed five soldiers. Instead of guns, officers will get "desk partitions." We can't make this stuff up.

According to the Marine Corps Times, Marine brass have ruled out arming recruiters following July's deadly shooting rampage in Tennessee by Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

The ISIS-inspired jihadist opened fire on several military recruiting officers stationed in a strip mall before attacking a military base a few minutes away.

Abdulazeez killed four Marines and a sailor before police and a Navy commander, who happened to be carrying a sidearm at the time, fired back and killed him.

Abdulazeez had hundreds of rounds of ammo and could have killed dozens more service members. He was stopped only because others returned fire.

Still, "none of the military services are interested in arming recruiters," the Times reported.

Why? Brass worry that shoppers at malls, as well as educators, parents and students on school campuses, might be alarmed at seeing soldiers carrying guns. "Recruiters showing up armed is not going to make either educators or parents comfortable," Marine Corps Commanding General Mark Brilakis said.

Huh? The public understands: sidearms are part of a soldier's uniform and they're trained to use them safely.

The Pentagon will instead "protect" recruiters from future ambushes by training them to "take cover or evacuate in the event of an attack." It also will provide them with "movable shields or desk partitions" that they can duck behind to dodge AK-47 rounds.

So basically we're telling Marines — the Marines! — to run and hide from IS terrorists rather than take them out, which they easily could do if they were armed. In fact, arming soldiers would create a deterrent to future attacks, meaning the odds would be slim that they'd ever have to use their weapons on U.S. soil.

The Pentagon's outrageously weak "movable shields" policy will only embolden jihadists, who increasingly are targeting U.S.-based soldiers for assassination."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/091015-770505-pentagon-says-no-to-arming-marine-army-recruiters.htm

I do not customarily use profane language as I consider it an inferior means of communication. But I am going to make an exception in this case as Obama and the rest of his damnable coterie are going to get more of our military personnel killed if they don't reverse this insane policy. This will make our recruiters unprotected and vulnerable targets. Jihadist can read, for criminy sake. I assume some of our recruiters will secretly disobey this suicidal directive but it still makes them sitting ducks.

Obama is a undeniably a son-of-a-bitch. 

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline flowers

Re: Pentagon To Protect Recruiters With 'Desk Partitions,' No Guns
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:53:00 pm »
 **nononono*

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pentagon To Protect Recruiters With 'Desk Partitions,' No Guns
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:36:17 am »
[[ Pentagon To Protect Recruiters With 'Desk Partitions,' No Guns ]]

Next thing:
Send a bunch of desk partitions to those fighting against isis...