Author Topic: Why Chelsea Clinton's teenage manifesto may help Hillary  (Read 277 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why Chelsea Clinton's teenage manifesto may help Hillary
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:22:58 am »
 She swears that the work is not political. And yet, with a surname like hers, the politics was only going to ever be but thinly-veiled.

Chelsea Clinton, the only child of Bill and Hillary, on Tuesday published her first book – a rousing call to arms for teenage readers, entitled It’s your world: Get informed, get inspired, and get going. The book mixes history, sociology and autobiographical detail to talk about global poverty, environmental challenges, womens’ rights and eradication of diseases.

“It’s not political in the sense of taking a position,” said Miss Clinton, who is expected to take an active part in her mother's election campaign. “But it certainly engages with questions which are determined by people who hold political office – not only in this country, but around the world.

“And I certainly encourage young leaders to think about who is in politics; to think about how those who old office reflect the issues you care about.”

Registering to vote, she said to laughter from the New York bookstore audience, “is not surprisingly something I really care about.” Her husband Marc Mezvinsky, sitting in front of the stage, looked on proudly.

The former "first daughter" is following in the footsteps of Jenna Bush - daughter of George W. Bush, who in 2007 published a non-fiction book detailing the life of Ana, a woman diagnosed with HIV.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/hillary-clinton/11867793/Why-Chelsea-Clintons-teenage-manifesto-may-help-Hillary.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink