Author Topic: Rush: African-Americans on Trump's Appeal  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: African-Americans on Trump's Appeal
« on: September 14, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/09/14/african_americans_on_trump_s_appeal

African-Americans on Trump's Appeal
September 14, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  And we start on the phones in Columbus, Ohio.  Hi, Valerie.  You're up first.  Welcome.

CALLER:  Thank you, Rush.

RUSH:  You bet.

CALLER:  I'm an African-American lady, and me and my sisters will be voting for Donald Trump for his obviously telling the truth about what is really going on about the immigration.  He's the only one that has the guts. Because it effects... It has always effected our community. Democrats are giving certain privileged people the red carpet throughout this entire time at somebody else's expense, and we're footing that bill. Also, Donald Trump has his own money so I don't think we have to worry too much about special interests right now. But I feel that he's very patriotic and I'm excited about it, Rush, and I respect all the things you're saying because they're true.

RUSH:  All right, so,  what I'm picking up on is something that I have been wondering about for a while now, and that is at what point...? Frankly, I have been asking this for about ten years, because it's been clear that the Democrat Party has a preference now for Hispanics, and particularly the Hispanics that come here illegally.  That's where their interest is. They want to get these people registered as voters.

And it's been apparent to me as a student and an observer that the Democrats obviously have more affection for and are more concerned about that group than African-Americans.  I've been wondering if it would ever come to the point where a bunch of African-Americans figure that out or began to suspect it, and you have said pretty much so here.  You think the Democrats are leaving the black community behind in favor of the new voting bloc of the Hispanics, right?

CALLER:  Yes!  It has been for years. But certain people in certain positions that are supposed to represent the African-American community do not. They've gotten paid by the Obamas and say certain things, just like we have our certain churches that are being paid.

RUSH:  Okay, one more question, before I move on.

CALLER: Mmm-hmm?

RUSH: I have one question here. I'm trying to find a reference point here for your support for Trump.  I know you said you're an independent.

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: But what are your thoughts now, what are your brief thoughts on Obama?

CALLER:  I never voted for him.  I don't think that he told...  He did not tell the truth on certain areas.  He manipulated our (garbled) really African-American. He's not African-American.

RUSH:  Okay, I think that's worth noting, that we have here an African-American for Trump who has never supported Obama.  So they're gonna run the gamut here, but I wanted to get that locked down.  I suspected that, my friends, but I just wanted it confirmed.  Valerie, I appreciate it.  Thank you much.  By the way, Valerie and the rest of you African-Americans, here's the thing: I'm not trying to stir up the trouble.  I'm just commenting on it.  The trouble's already been stirred up.

The Democrat Party "knows" in quotes -- they know -- they have your vote.  They know they've got you in the palm of their hand.  They know no matter what, the African-American vote is not gonna vote for a Republican.  They know it, so they can afford to take you for granted. They can afford to not pay you any attention while they start courting the Hispanic illegal immigrant voting bloc. Where else are you gonna go?  No matter what they do, they "know," quote/unquote, you are never gonna support a Republican.

Except look at what's happened.

And, folks, don't doubt me on this.  Nobody in the Democrat side is looking at this. There are two polls now that show Trump with 25% of the African-American vote.  Nobody in the Democrat Party hierarchy is sloughing that off and saying, "It doesn't matter now. It's early. It's nothing to worry about."  There's not a single Democrat who's in the business of winning elections that is not worried about that.  They are all noticing it.

Trump is upending apple carts in both parties here.  I mean, both parties are guilty.  The establishments of both parties are guilty of this out of touch attitude -- which, again, I don't think it's out of touch at all.  I think they know exactly what they're doing.  They know exactly what the people of the country want and don't want.  It doesn't matter.  Here is Tony in Birmingham, Alabama.  Great to have you on the program, sir.  Thank you.  Hi.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.  How's it going?  I want to start by saying thank you for those children books.  The first thing I did when my daughters got 'em, is they had to take a test on every chapter they read. They love those books and I appreciate your work.

RUSH:  Well, thank you, sir.

CALLER:  I want to say something. You know, being a black conservative, I'm a Ted Cruz guy.  I love Ted Cruz.  And I've been talking to both sides, my black Democrat friends and my conservatives, and I'm telling you: Everybody's pushing principles aside for the most part.  And the reason why is because, you know, they talk about Donald Trump don't talk about freedom enough?

The Republican Party has had the freedom to do everything that they promised to do on the campaign trail. Yet one thing stop them from using the freedom that they had, and that was political correctness.  You know, these guys... I mean, even Newt Gingrich talks about what Donald Trump says and what he had to stop saying. Let me tell you something: Anger causes people to do a lot of stuff.

Sometimes anger causes people to push aside what they know is right to just do what they feel they want to do at that moment, and what is happening is people are seeing that Donald Trump is stabbing the beast in the heart, and the heart of the beast now is political correctness.  Donald Trump is showing that you're not gonna make me say what you want to say.  You're not gonna make me do what you want me to do.  I'm gonna do what I think is best regardless of whether you like it or not.

RUSH:  I think that's exactly right, and I think that's number two on the list under illegal immigration is political correctness --

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: -- and how everybody hates it.

RUSH: Everybody is despising the fact that one person can say they're offended over something and whatever it is has to stop, either somebody's saying or some activity somebody's engaging in.

CALLER:  Right.  And you know what?  Regardless that the Republican Party establishment wants to believe it or not, people want to win, and people want to feel like they can say whatever they want to say without having to compromise and get along just to get something done.  And people are seeing that Donald Trump... Not only does Donald Trump do that, but Donald Trump, like you said, he is not a part of Washington. As much as I love Ted Cruz, Donald Trump is one of the only ones who is not a part of anything in Washington DC.

RUSH:  Bingo!  His fingerprints aren't on any of it.  He's --

CALLER:  Right.  And people are tired of it.

RUSH:  Now, let me ask you something, Tony, because you said people want to win.  There's no question about it, from George Patton on. People, Americans want to win.

largeRUSH: Not a trick question here, but what do you have to do to win.

CALLER:  I think you have to believe in something and go forward.  It doesn't even matter if what you believe in is the wrong thing.  If you believe in it, stand on it and go for it 100% without biting your tongue and have people want to see. They want to see a winning spirit!

RUSH:  Right. Going for it 100% is fighting for it.  You have to fight.  If you want to win, you have to fight!

CALLER:  Exactly.

RUSH:  You can't wait for the other side to screw up and be rejected.  You have to fight.  That is what's missing, among many other things.  That is what's missing.  Everybody talks about how congenial Reagan was and how congenial William F. Buckley was, and they want to try to create the impression that Buckley and Reagan were these mild-mannered, Clark Kent types.  They rolled up their sleeves and they got down in the muck and they fought for what they believed in!

Reagan especially, and he took on the Republican Party establishment. You have to fight.  And I think the current establishment crop just is uncomfortable fighting.  I frankly think that's one of the... Here I'm gonna step in it 'cause I'm not really trying to make any enemies here.  All I'm ever trying to do is help my side.  But I talked last week about age and how a lot of people fear getting older or regret getting older even though there's nothing you can do about it.

I've always enjoyed it.  I've looked forward to being older.  At one point in my life, I wanted to get older 'cause I wanted to be older.  I look at people older than me and they seemed to be freer, more solid, more substantive, more self-reliant, more successful, more everything.  I always wanted that.  When I was 16, I wanted to be 25.  When I was 25, I wanted to be 30.  When I was 30,I  wanted to be 40.  Okay, so now I'm 64. So I'm not eager to be 70.

But I've got a different aspect about what it is being older, and being older now allows me to look at people whose age I once was and gauge what they're doing, how they're doing, what they think, how they think, and adjusting to it and analyzing it and observing it.  And I'm telling you, I'm observing quite a lot.  I think... You know, I want to really stop here and think if I want to step in this or not.  I'll think about it during the break and let you know the other side. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34