Author Topic: Heidi Cruz a Potent Weapon for Husband's Campaign  (Read 766 times)

Offline flowers

Heidi Cruz a Potent Weapon for Husband's Campaign
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/09/14/heidi-cruz-potent-weapon-husbands-campaign/

PHOENIX — Heidi Cruz, investment banker and political spouse, stood outside a ballroom here, shaking hands and making small talk, working to close her most ambitious deal yet: getting her husband elected president.

Cruz, 43, is a potent weapon for the presidential campaign of her husband, Sen. Ted Cruz. He relishes fighting with Democrats and Republicans; she is quick with a hug. He tries to galvanize voters; she spends hours on the phone, trying to persuade them to max out their donations.

"Stylistically, I can soften him a little bit," Cruz, clad in navy leggings and black flats, Roberto Cavalli sunglasses perched atop her blond hair, said in an interview while she was being driven to the airport.

"Ted is great one-on-one. He's great on stage, and he's great in a small group, but he's a little bit shy. And I've often, in groups, kind of led the way. I have a warm personality. I love people," she said.

Her disposition will be on display more and more in the coming months as she holds her own campaign events, including one in Las Vegas on Monday and multiple stops in New Hampshire this coming weekend. She will continue to occasionally accompany her husband around the country, sometimes with their daughters, ages 7 and 4.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Heidi Cruz a Potent Weapon for Husband's Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:41 pm »
She is as smart as a tack and has the quick pitch presentation down. Plus a good resume herself (except for the tin foil hat crowd who already discount her and her husband because she ;;;shock;;; worked at a bank).

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 10:36:28 pm »
She has an interesting beginning.  As a kid her family was very poor and she baked bread and sold it. She saved her money and wanted to go to school.  Her father put up a fuss and told her that women ought not to go to school.  Well, determined, she took the money that she saved and put her self through school ... much like her husband Ted Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »
I wonder if she is the reason for his TPP vote?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »
I wonder if she is the reason for his TPP vote?

He voted against TPA, but I believed his  TPP vote was a result of the lie(s) he was told by McConnell.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/24/ted_cruz_tpp_another_manifestation_of_the_washington_cartel.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:05:22 pm »
He voted against TPA, but I believed his  TPP vote was a result of the lie(s) he was told by McConnell.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/24/ted_cruz_tpp_another_manifestation_of_the_washington_cartel.html
Lies told by Mcconnell? Why didn't he read it himself? Doesn't he have a staff that could get the info? He also voted for Iran. What was his excuse on that?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 06:17:24 pm »
Lies told by Mcconnell? Why didn't he read it himself? Doesn't he have a staff that could get the info? He also voted for Iran. What was his excuse on that?

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/

As for TPP, Cruz read the bill of course, but Cruz asked McConnell about a "deal" made with the left that involved the Export Import bank and the trade agreement.

....the Texas firebrand accused the Senate majority leader of breaking his word to him and the rest of the GOP conference over McConnell’s plans for the controversial Export-Import Bank, the country’s chief export credit agency. In Cruz’s telling, McConnell privately promised him and other Republicans that “there was no deal” with a handful of senators who were seeking to revive the bank in exchange for their votes to advance a major trade bill in May.

McConnell, he said, became “visibly angry” when Cruz challenged him on the matter during a meeting in May.

“Like St. Peter,” Cruz said, “he repeated it three times. He said, ‘The only thing I told the proponents of the Export-Import Bank is like any other senator in this body, they could offer any amendment they liked on an any amendable vehicle, but I gave them nothing.’”

That day in late May, Cruz said his staff informed him that McConnell was “lying” to him, but he said he believed the Senate GOP leader that “he wasn’t lying to us.”

But after McConnell took procedural steps Friday to move to a proposal to revive the Ex-Im bank, Cruz said on the Senate floor: “I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie.”..

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruz-says-mitch-mcconnell-lies-export-import-bank-120583#ixzz3lpeqasyd

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/05/trade-and-the-export-import-bank/393866/

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 07:02:08 pm »

I'm no expert in parliamentary procedure. Did Sen. Cruz vote affirmatively for the Iran deal or was there some vote involving a procedural vote like cloture or filibuster?

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »
http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/

As for TPP, Cruz read the bill of course, but Cruz asked McConnell about a "deal" made with the left that involved the Export Import bank and the trade agreement.

....the Texas firebrand accused the Senate majority leader of breaking his word to him and the rest of the GOP conference over McConnell’s plans for the controversial Export-Import Bank, the country’s chief export credit agency. In Cruz’s telling, McConnell privately promised him and other Republicans that “there was no deal” with a handful of senators who were seeking to revive the bank in exchange for their votes to advance a major trade bill in May.

McConnell, he said, became “visibly angry” when Cruz challenged him on the matter during a meeting in May.

“Like St. Peter,” Cruz said, “he repeated it three times. He said, ‘The only thing I told the proponents of the Export-Import Bank is like any other senator in this body, they could offer any amendment they liked on an any amendable vehicle, but I gave them nothing.’”

That day in late May, Cruz said his staff informed him that McConnell was “lying” to him, but he said he believed the Senate GOP leader that “he wasn’t lying to us.”

But after McConnell took procedural steps Friday to move to a proposal to revive the Ex-Im bank, Cruz said on the Senate floor: “I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie.”..

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruz-says-mitch-mcconnell-lies-export-import-bank-120583#ixzz3lpeqasyd

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/05/trade-and-the-export-import-bank/393866/
Thank you for info and links.