Author Topic: Saudi Donates $10 Million To Establish Shariah Law Center At Yale  (Read 615 times)

rangerrebew

Saudi Donates $10 Million To Establish Shariah Law Center At Yale
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:04:48 am »
Saudi Donates $10 Million To Establish Shariah Law Center At Yale
Robert Gehl

September 13, 2015

A Saudi businessman has just donated  $10 million to Yale to establish a Shariah Law Center.

School officials were happy to take the wad of cash and said they hope the new “Center” will be tops in the country for teaching students all about the joys of Shariah.

Abdallah S. Kamel and his glasses made the donation after meeting with school officials and I assume getting promises that it will be all about how wonderful slicing heads off is.

Kamel is a banking and real estate mogul in Saudi Arabia.

Yale officials say the Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization reflects a growing interest at Yale and other institutions in Islamic law, history and culture.

“The contemporary challenges of Islamic law are broadly relevant to political events throughout the entire Islamic world and those are developments that are watched by a much larger audience of people who in many cases have not much knowledge at all of the history and traditions if Islamic law,” said Professor Anthony Kronman, a co-director of the center who was first introduced to Kamel by a Yale Law graduate who works as an attorney for the Saudi businessman.

Harvard apparently has their own Shariah Law program, apparently funded by the Saudi King.

Shariah law is the law of the land in many Muslim countries. Among other things, it places no importance on human rights, women’s rights press freedom and enacts harsh punishment for trivial offenses. It is based on the Koran, which always makes things better.

The article I reference sure makes things sound rosy. What would happen if a straight, white guy donated money to a college to found a “School of Moasic Law”?

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/saudi-donates-10-million-to-establish-shariah-law-center-at-yale
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:05:28 am by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

Re: Saudi Donates $10 Million To Establish Shariah Law Center At Yale
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:04:07 pm »
Islamic law? Did I just wake up in the seventh century? Will Yale try to bring us back to the age of the ancient druids, next?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »
And people laugh when I keep saying it's Saudi that is the biggest problem the West faces.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 04:37:35 pm »
And people laugh when I keep saying it's Saudi that is the biggest problem the West faces.

This is concerning but even more concerning is the nuke deal that we just made with Iran and the heavy Russian military build up in Syria.  I don't see any of this going well for America and certainly leads me to believe that the sh*t is going to hit the fan right around election time.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 05:15:54 pm »
Iran, oddly, concerns me less in the longer term.

Firstly because they simply will not attack the USA. They can't afford to. I don't mean in terms of loss of life, etc, if that was the sole factor they'd have already struck. They need the external enemy who they can point to, much like North Korea, and for the same reasons. The ones on top want to stay on top. Most Iranians are not only not fanatics, but they are young - very threatening to the Council and constantly needing to be directed to acceptable targets.

Saudi, on the other hand, is the mothership from which ALL jihadis come, thanks to Wahabbism and the King's obligation to promote it's spread world wide to stay in power.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 12:30:46 am »
EC --

You're right about the Saudis, of course.

THEY'RE the ones we should have bombed after the World Trade Center Attack.

Two "big ones".
Two cities.

That would have done more to win the war with islam, than all that The West has done since that date -- and is still losing in spite of it.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 01:30:59 am »

Diana West offers a good piece about Yale's relationship with Muslims.

"Yale 2015: All That Dhimmitude Finally Paid Off"
http://dianawest.net/Home/tabid/36/EntryId/3138/Yale-2015-All-That-Dhimmitude-Finally-Paid-Off.aspx 
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.