Author Topic: Team Romney Joins the Fight Against Voter Support for Trump …(Now He Decides to Fight?)  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/team-romney-joins-the-fight-against-voter-support-for-trump-now-he-decides-to-fight/

Team Romney Joins the Fight Against Voter Support for Trump …(Now He Decides to Fight?)

Jim Hoft Sep 13th, 2015 8:03 am

In 2012, many conservatives held their nose and reluctantly voted for the grandfather of Obamacare in an attempt to take their country back from a lawless President.

A tepid Team Romney refused to bring full force to bear against Obama, and the country has suffered tremendously for it. Earlier this year, the idea of Romney running again was briefly floated only to be resoundingly shot down by conservatives. Enter the rise of Trump – everything Romney is not: strong, authentic, unapologetic and artful at marketing. Now, we get word that Team Romney has joined the forces behind the Trump take-down attempt.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

“It’s a common goal, and not just for Romney people, but for anyone invested in Republicanism, conservatism, and anyone who gives a flying [expletive] about what we’re trying to do here. Even if you’re not getting paid, this isn’t good for anybody,” he said.

The nerve.

Romney and his team of losers are not running. So why are they mounting an effort to undermine the GOP front runner? I guess losing to Democrats is more acceptable to them.

Conservatives have been the GOP's butt boys long enough. GOP so-called leadership should deliver on their promises--or get out-of-the-way.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The elite ruling class is most horrified by an outsider, not from the "good friends" club, getting in and shaking up their gravy train and their society.  The rabble outside breaking down the gates.  I voted for Romney but I know as well as I can know anything that he'd prefer Hillary to Trump, Carson or Fiorina...even if he'd never say.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:53:08 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Oceander

The elite ruling class is most horrified by an outsider, not from the "good friends" club, getting in and shaking up their gravy train and their society.  The rabble outside breaking down the gates.  I voted for Romney but I know as well as I can know anything that he'd prefer Hillary to Trump, Carson or Fiorina...even if he'd never say.

I'm sure he does not.  Rather, he realizes, as do some of the rest of us, that Trump will not win against Hillary.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I voted for Romney but I know as well as I can know anything that he'd prefer Hillary to Trump, Carson or Fiorina...even if he'd never say.

Romney would never say that, but you know what he thinks. ok.

Godzilla

I'm sure he does not.  Rather, he realizes, as do some of the rest of us, that Trump will not win against Hillary.

This.

The 2016 election is not a popularity contest whose judges are only Republican primary voters.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I must say I disagree with some of what I am seeing in this thread, to wit:

1. Trump is a conservative and that is why the establishment hates him.  I have not seen a lot of evidence that Trump is a conservative.  He certainly does not support free market economics, based on the things he has said.  He seems more a nativist populist than conservative as far as I can tell.  To the degree that the GOPe might be threatened by Trump, it would be his protectionism that scares people like Romney, not his conservatism.

2. Trump cannot beat Hillary.  I think if Trump can win the GOP primary, then Trump can beat HRC. The polls already show him beating her head to head, and if you look at his trend lines versus hers, I think you'd have to call Trump the favorite

Like a lot of you, I hope the Republicans come to their senses before this primary is over and nominate someone who I know to be more philosophically in line with my thinking.  But I think much of the attacking of Trump is overly vitriolic and knee-jerk.