Author Topic: Trump questions Ben Carson’s ‘energy’ to be president  (Read 371 times)

Offline flowers

Trump questions Ben Carson’s ‘energy’ to be president
« on: September 12, 2015, 07:09:28 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/12/trump-questions-ben-carsons-energy-to-be-president/

BOONE, Iowa – Donald Trump zeroed in Saturday on Republican rival Ben Carson, questioning whether he has the energy to be president, a line he has frequently used to taunt Jeb Bush.

"I don't think Ben has the energy," said Trump, before calling him a "nice man" and arguing that he is not cut out for negotiating with some foreign officials.

The attack came as Carson, a retired surgeon running an outsider campaign like Trump, has surged into second place in many surveys, behind the brash real estate mogul.

Trump, who campaigned here before heading to a tailgate party where a trio of other GOP hopefuls were also appearing, also criticized Carson for recently questioning his Christian faith.

I like Carson.

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump questions Ben Carson’s ‘energy’ to be president
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 07:14:16 pm »
Point:  Carson apologized for his comment about Trump's faith and said he should never have made such a statement.  He said he had no way of knowing what Trump's faith was.

Point:  I think it takes quite a bit of "energy" to study to become a neurosurgeon and to withstand the vigors of actually performing such intricate surgeries.

As with Carson's inability to know Trump's faith, Trump has no way of knowing Carson's energy.

I like Carson too, flowers.  He's bright, he's conservative, he's thoughtful, he's wise, he understands that he will require the expertise of others in being President.   He's in my top tier of candidates at this time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:14:58 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »
Point:  Carson apologized for his comment about Trump's faith and said he should never have made such a statement.  He said he had no way of knowing what Trump's faith was.

Point:  I think it takes quite a bit of "energy" to study to become a neurosurgeon and to withstand the vigors of actually performing such intricate surgeries.

As with Carson's inability to know Trump's faith, Trump has no way of knowing Carson's energy.

I like Carson too, flowers.  He's bright, he's conservative, he's thoughtful, he's wise, he understands that he will require the expertise of others in being President.   He's in my top tier of candidates at this time.
He is in my top tier as well. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:46 pm »

He is humble.. Something I look forward for candidate to be President.. He is also one of my top tier candidates as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”