Author Topic: Donald Trump now says America has TOO MANY PROBLEMS to accept migrants from Syria  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Hannity last night.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrh5-dVJ3U

Severely conservative.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:14:18 am by Once-Ler »

Offline aligncare

That's what I like in a political leader, severe flexibility.

bkepley

LOL

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

That's pretty funny. However, there are Trump supporters who are saying things like this in dead earnest. When a candidate flip-flops, he's a flip-flopper. Unless he's Trump. Then he's a quick learner.

bkepley

That's pretty funny. However, there are Trump supporters who are saying things like this in dead earnest. When a candidate flip-flops, he's a flip-flopper. Unless he's Trump. Then he's a quick learner.

Well it's like this, what we need in these times is a bare-knuckled flip-flopper who can tell it like it is to a lady and then totally deny what he said.  That'll gitter done.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

How to be a Populist Candidate 101.

A.   
 • Stick your finger in the air to see what way the wind blows 'before' you state your position (Bill Clinton was very good at this, Donald Trump - not so much)

If you fail to do that, continue on to B.

B.
• If what you said is unpopular with your base -  reverse it. The quicker the better.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:15:17 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

You got in in TRUMP case. :beer:

Offline MBB1984

Glad he finally got it right.

bkepley

Glad he finally got it right.

Kinda makes you wonder what he'd do if he wasn't in the middle of a campaign doesn't it? :pondering:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What I think Mr. Trump -should have said- :

"Frankly, we don't need any more muslims in America!"

That would have won him the nomination and the election!

Offline raml

Yep all he needs to say is we don't need any more Muslims here and he would win because it is true. The people are up in arms and that means something to him at least but not to the non hearing politicians who continue to ignore what the people are saying and continue to say all the same old tiring things. I don't think people care if he flips flops because he is responding to what people are saying to him after he says something they don't like. This will not be an election like those in the past people are really feeling let down after they put republicans in and won the senate in 2014 only to have the same old shit. Actually we are furious you should hear what I am hearing I am even surprised.

bkepley

What I think Mr. Trump -should have said- :

"Frankly, we don't need any more muslims in America!"

That would have won him the nomination and the election!

Or catholics either?  You guys are getting pretty sick.

Offline aligncare

Please don't make the mistake of comparing the Catholic religion with Islam. Night and day. Listen, I know Jesus, and Mohammed is no Jesus.

bkepley

Please don't make the mistake of comparing the Catholic religion with Islam. Night and day. Listen, I know Jesus, and Mohammed is no Jesus.

Bigotry is bigotry though.

Offline aligncare

Bigotry is bigotry though.

No! Thoughtful discernment compels that distinction and judgment apply.

Offline aligncare

Political correctness is a recipe for self-destruction.

Offline DCPatriot

Wherever Muslims are in the minority, they scream for minority rights.

Wherever Muslims are in the majority, there are no minority rights.

Offline olde north church

I'm not so sure about the flip-flopping thing.  I think with Trump is debating with himself aloud.  Then again, I could be wrong. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

I'm not so sure about the flip-flopping thing.  I think with Trump is debating with himself aloud.  Then again, I could be wrong.

And the only reason Trump can be held out as a "flip-flopper" is he and Chris Christie are the only two candidates who have put their positions on paper.  Trump with immigration, Christie with entitlements.  Trump by force, Christie on his own.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

No! Thoughtful discernment compels that distinction and judgment apply.

Yes but what was called out for was open bigotry not thoughtful discernment.  We'd be no better than the muslim countries. You want to give non-bigoted reasons to exclude muslim countries fine with me.

bkepley

And the only reason Trump can be held out as a "flip-flopper" is he and Chris Christie are the only two candidates who have put their positions on paper.  Trump with immigration, Christie with entitlements.  Trump by force, Christie on his own.

Christie is the only one forceful about the debt problem.

Offline aligncare

Wherever Muslims are in the minority, they scream for minority rights.

Wherever Muslims are in the majority, there are no minority rights.

Interesting how that works.

Of course, the forces of political correctness don't give a damn about logic and reason, as long as they can pat themselves on their flabby backs and tell themselves how enlightened they are compared to those bigoted Christian conservatives.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:37:53 pm by aligncare »

Offline DCPatriot

Interesting how that works.

Of course, the forces of political correctness don't give a damn about logic and reason, as long as they can pat themselves on their flabby backs and tell themselves how enlightened they are compared to those bigoted Christian conservatives.

The dirty little secret of Islam's power over Political Correctness.   Fear of a bloody, violent death.  FEAR!

Sometimes, I wish Conservatives had that in their tool box.