Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18911 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2015, 01:29:11 am »
Not even close.

There is a HUGE difference in the two situations, as I have noted above.

There is no hypocrisy in seeing that they are different.

That doesn't mean that Fiorina's single comment should be excused, but is not the same thing as a string of nastiness against women.

I'm not excusing Carly's comment in any way.

But it's not a character flaw as it is in Trump.

I called Trump out. I said his remarks were crude. I said he was intemperate. And I praised Carly for her performance in the debate. I wasn't aware of her comments about Boxer until this evening. So, yes, I am upset by her hypocrisy.

The right thing for Carly to have done would have been to refuse to take the bait, and use the time to elevate herself instead. But she saw an opportunity to cast herself as the innocent and use Trump's words to her political advantage.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2015, 01:35:46 am »
... I feel so...so...violated.  :silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2015, 01:41:06 am »
All I can say is that women are far more critical about other women than a man can ever be.... :whistle:

...and Boxer is a hot mess!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2015, 01:43:12 am »
... I feel so...so...violated.  :silly:

Here you are the sole person responding to your own silly little thread and you claim to feel violated?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:51 am »
I don't like it when people make fun of how anyone looks.  I don't like what Trump said about Carly's face because that's something you can't help.  But to be fair - men get this too.  I myself have called Chris Christie, Crispy Creme - not nice!  I have noted that Mike Huckabee is fat and fat people do not get elected president.  I have made fun of Mitch McConnell's chin - he DOES look like a turtle!  Not to mention all the comments I have heard about Trump's hair!  I'm guilty!  Carly is guilty of catty remarks too!  Most of us are - we just don't get caught saying it in public.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember hearing Carly whine about this.  At the time it was said, she handled it very well - saying, "I must be getting under his skin".  She said it with a grin and went on.  It's everyone else that is making a big deal about it.  The media keeps asking her about it, I'm sure she has a canned answer for it by now. 

I think Trump said this in a private guy to guy discussion and probably wishes he hadn't now.  It's human to say things in an unguarded moment that you regret when the wrong people hear it. 

I don't think it's that big of a deal and I think Carly has actually benefited from the whole thing.  Meh.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2015, 01:51:02 am »
Here you are the sole person responding to your own silly little thread and you claim to feel violated?

Take a joke.

(That little guy rolling on the floor... that's a joke)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2015, 01:51:15 am »
I called Trump out. I said his remarks were crude. I said he was intemperate. And I praised Carly for her performance in the debate. I wasn't aware of her comments about Boxer until this evening. So, yes, I am upset by her hypocrisy.

The right thing for Carly to have done would have been to refuse to take the bait, and use the time to elevate herself instead. But she saw an opportunity to cast herself as the innocent and use Trump's words to her political advantage. 

Carly latched onto this whole "incident" with both fists---doing interviews, creating an ad about how proud she is of her wrinkles.  Her answer last night that "every woman understands what (Trump) meant" is just the Republican version of the "war" on women.  I'm tired of being played by both political parties.

Can someone point me to any other woman in a national leadership position embracing this type of victimhood?  I may have missed it, but I don't remember reading about Golda Meir, or Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel allowing herself to be bogged down--or elevated--by this type of BS.

The first woman candidate for national office who blows off this type of garbage instead of embracing it will get my vote.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2015, 01:58:25 am »
Can someone point me to any other woman in a national leadership position embracing this type of victimhood?  I may have missed it, but I don't remember reading about Golda Meir, or Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel allowing herself to be bogged down--or elevated--by this type of BS.

The first woman candidate for national office who blows off this type of garbage instead of embracing it will get my vote.

...exactly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2015, 01:58:58 am »
I don't remember reading about Golda Meir, or Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel allowing herself to be bogged down--or elevated--by this type of BS.

Then you weren't - or aren't - paying attention.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2015, 01:59:22 am »

She actually made very little of the incident.   She hardly talked about it at all, and certainly didn't whine about anything.

She shouldn't have said anything nasty about Boxer, but making a big deal of this shows a kind of desperation to make Carly look bad, just after she actually made herself look excellent during the debate.

Perhaps it would be better to move on to something more significant.

Trump is a boor.  Carly is not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2015, 02:01:36 am »
Carly latched onto this whole "incident" with both fists---doing interviews, creating an ad about how proud she is of her wrinkles.  Her answer last night that "every woman understands what (Trump) meant" is just the Republican version of the "war" on women.  I'm tired of being played by both political parties.

That ad was proof that she didn't see herself as a 'victim' but rather as a strong woman among strong women.

Rather than letting herself get 'bogged down,' she used it well.

And to relate this to the leftist 'war on women' is absurd.  It's not even remotely the same.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2015, 02:04:05 am »
I don't like it when people make fun of how anyone looks.  I don't like what Trump said about Carly's face because that's something you can't help.  But to be fair - men get this too.  I myself have called Chris Christie, Crispy Creme - not nice!  I have noted that Mike Huckabee is fat and fat people do not get elected president.  I have made fun of Mitch McConnell's chin - he DOES look like a turtle!  Not to mention all the comments I have heard about Trump's hair!  I'm guilty!  Carly is guilty of catty remarks too!  Most of us are - we just don't get caught saying it in public.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember hearing Carly whine about this.  At the time it was said, she handled it very well - saying, "I must be getting under his skin".  She said it with a grin and went on.  It's everyone else that is making a big deal about it.  The media keeps asking her about it, I'm sure she has a canned answer for it by now. 

I think Trump said this in a private guy to guy discussion and probably wishes he hadn't now.  It's human to say things in an unguarded moment that you regret when the wrong people hear it. 

I don't think it's that big of a deal and I think Carly has actually benefited from the whole thing.  Meh.

Go back to the transcript. Tapper asked her to respond, she demurred a bit and said, "Mr. Trump said that he heard Mr. Bush very clearly and what Mr. Bush said. I think women all over this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said.”

That was a self-righteous response. She was being hypocritical. She got caught saying virtually the exact same thing.

Carly, when there's a live microphone around, never say anything intemperate you don't want others to hear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:55 am »
She actually made very little of the incident.   She hardly talked about it at all, and certainly didn't whine about anything.

She shouldn't have said anything nasty about Boxer, but making a big deal of this shows a kind of desperation to make Carly look bad, just after she actually made herself look excellent during the debate.

Perhaps it would be better to move on to something more significant.

Trump is a boor.  Carly is not.

She made commercials about it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2015, 02:07:09 am »

You're exactly right it was politically correct BS.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2015, 02:08:53 am »

Which is EXACTLY what you are supposed to do when presented with such an opportunity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2015, 02:12:18 am »
That ad was proof that she didn't see herself as a 'victim' but rather as a strong woman among strong women.

Rather than letting herself get 'bogged down,' she used it well.

And to relate this to the leftist 'war on women' is absurd.  It's not even remotely the same.

Nonsense.  She used this to elevate her profile as a woman scorned---like Democrats do.  If she truly was a strong woman, she'd have let it go as unimportant and moved on to issues instead of trying to capture my vote because she has wrinkles.

And this from a woman who should know better--especially since video lives on forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtPMq9xxOY
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:19:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2015, 02:13:11 am »
Which is EXACTLY what you are supposed to do when presented with such an opportunity!

Bigun, I voted for her in our poll. I wish I could take it back.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2015, 02:13:56 am »
Damn, people, Trump is an effing nightmare.

Yet, we have people on this forum who are whole hog on this mother.

He had virtually nothing to say on foreign policy last night, and his dumb-assed answers on vaccines and immigration should eliminate sentient humans from supporting him.

But, here we are, with otherwise sane folks sucking the vapors from Trump's blatherings whole.

Unbelievable.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2015, 02:15:44 am »
Nonsense.  She used this to elevate her profile as a woman scorned---like Democrats do.  If she truly was a strong woman, she'd have been would have let it go as unimportant and moved on to issues instead of trying to capture my vote because she has wrinkles.

And this from a woman who should know better--especially since video lives on forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtPMq9xxOY

Does that mofo you support EVER let any critique of his grand red-haired-self go as "unimportant"?  Get  off your high horse. This is politics.

Carly should milk Trump's gaffes for all they're worth.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2015, 02:16:48 am »
If you're expecting Trump to save your ass, when the only thing he cares about his own ass, then you're an.......

I'll betcha he knows how many States there are?    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2015, 02:18:31 am »
Does that mofo you support EVER let any critique of his grand red-haired-self go as "unimportant"?  Get  off your high horse. This is politics.

Methinks I hit a nerve.   ^-^

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:03 am »
Methinks I hit a nerve.   ^-^

LOL!! Think whatever the hell you want.   You know that you're asking Fiorina to do something his Hairness would NEVER do.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:39 am »

Well, I didn't know she made a commercial about it.  She certainly is capitalizing on it!  She's gained a lot from this, so I do think Trump did her a favor.

By the way, I think she is an attractive woman.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2015, 02:23:18 am »
LOL!! Think whatever the hell you want.   You know that you're asking Fiorina to do something his Hairness would NEVER do.

When Fiorina jokes about her hair--"ping" me.  Deal?   :beer:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2015, 02:25:20 am »
Well, I didn't know she made a commercial about it.  She certainly is capitalizing on it!  She's gained a lot from this, so I do think Trump did her a favor.

Perhaps she should be thanking the man.