Author Topic: CNN moves prime-time GOP debate to 8 p.m.  (Read 601 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
CNN moves prime-time GOP debate to 8 p.m.
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:04:07 pm »
CNN has moved its primetime Republican debate from 9 p.m. EST to 8 p.m., eliminating the long gap between its main event and the earlier forum for second-tier candidates, the network told campaigns in a conference call Tuesday afternoon.

A CNN spokesperson confirmed the time change.

The earlier debate with candidates who polled at least 1 percent in three national polls will start at 6 p.m. EST, ending at 7:45 p.m.

According to sources who were on the call, candidates will not give opening and closing statements though they will have a 15- to 20-second window to introduce themselves. Candidates will also have one minute to respond to questions and 30-second rebuttals, if their name is invoked by another candidate.

CNN anchor Jake Tapper, as moderator, will ask the majority of questions, supplemented by questions from CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash and conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

Representatives for every invited candidate, except former New York Gov. George Pataki, were on the call.

Last week CNN changed the criteria of their primetime debate, ensuring that any candidate who falls within the top 10 in the average of polls since the first debate would have a spot on stage. That change cleared the path for the likely inclusion of Carly Fiorina, who experienced a surge in polling after her strong performance in the earlier “happy hour” debate on Fox in earlier August.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/cnn-debate-criteria-213414#ixzz3lBfkqnJl
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

Re: CNN moves prime-time GOP debate to 8 p.m.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:48 pm »
Thanks for the update????? :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:03 pm »
 :beer: :beer:

It popped up on my feed and - though I don't watch much TV - I know a lot of people are intending to this time again!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:58:24 pm »
It's Sept. 16th, since apparently Politico isn't concerned with the date.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:56:54 pm »
It's Sept. 16th, since apparently Politico isn't concerned with the date.

Thank you, I looked for the date in the article.   :shrug: 

I don't have cable tv and will have to find a site that will be live-streaming it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 12:11:46 am »
Thank you, I looked for the date in the article.   :shrug: 

I don't have cable tv and will have to find a site that will be live-streaming it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Carly in the mix this time. She dominated her debate last month so it should be interesting to see how she does here.

I'm watching online too. If there's no feed you can always find a broadcast station carrying it on iHeart radio.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:16 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing Carly in the mix this time. She dominated her debate last month so it should be interesting to see how she does here.

I'm watching online too. If there's no feed you can always find a broadcast station carrying it on iHeart radio.

Me too.  She's the most articulate of all the candidates, IMO, and she'll bring some extra firepower to the debate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:32:16 am »
Me too.  She's the most articulate of all the candidates, IMO, and she'll bring some extra firepower to the debate.

Absolutely! Her rhetorical skills are unparalleled, if you ask me. When a wider audience gets the chance to hear her, she'll move up quickly in the polls. I wouldn't doubt if she even cuts into Trump's support.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 12:48:57 am »
As always there will be a live thread here and I expect it to be busy.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 12:49:51 am »
Absolutely! Her rhetorical skills are unparalleled, if you ask me. When a wider audience gets the chance to hear her, she'll move up quickly in the polls. I wouldn't doubt if she even cuts into Trump's support.

Completely agree.

(And hope so!  ^-^ )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.