Author Topic: Obama: 'I'm So Glad I'm Not on the Ballot'  (Read 797 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: 'I'm So Glad I'm Not on the Ballot'
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:55:38 pm »

Obama: 'I'm So Glad I'm Not on the Ballot'
By Susan Jones | September 8, 2015 | 7:47 AM EDT
President Barack Obama speaks at the Greater Boston Labor Council Labor Day Breakfast, Monday, Sept. 7, 2015, in Boston. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

(CNSNews.com) - President Obama was in the middle of a Labor Day speech on middle-class values Monday, when he veered off-script for a moment:

"Now, we're entering into political season," Obama said. "I'm so glad I'm not on the ballot," he ad-libbed, as his audience laughed.

"But it's political season," he said, returning to the script. "It starts earlier and earlier, and so now we're starting to hear a lot about middle-class values. Everybody wants to talk about the middle class. But some folks seem confused about what exactly that means. So let me provide a refresher course."

Obama said to him, middle class values means:

-- Providing tax cuts to 98 percent of Americans and asking the top 2 percent to "pay a little bit more."

-- Protecting Main Street businesses with tough Wall Street reforms;

-- Reforming student loans and increasing Pells Grants "so every kid can afford a college education."

-- Making two years of community college free;

-- Health insurance for 16 million formerly uninsured Americans;

"Middle class economics works," Obama insisted, even as he admitted "we've got more work to do to make sure more families feel the gains of this recovery."

He then blasted "some folks in Washington" -- Republicans, in other words -- for refusing to "face these facts."

"In their world, the only way to help the country grow and help people get ahead is to cut taxes for millionaire and billionaires and loosen up rules on big banks and polluters, and then you just wait and then you look up at the sky and prosperity will come raining down on us from the top of the whatever high rise is in your city."

Obama was addressing union members at a breakfast in Boston.

On the way to the rally, he signed an executive order on Air Force One forcing federal contractors to give up to seven days of paid sick leave to their employees every year.

http://minutemennews.com/2015/09/obama-im-so-glad-im-not-on-the-ballot/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:56:26 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Obama: 'I'm So Glad I'm Not on the Ballot'
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:57:49 pm »
So is the military, the 92 million people unemployed, the 46 million people on food stamps, so are blacks, so is the rest of the world. :peeonobama:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »
Me too, Barack!    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:15 pm »
What a bunch of BS. He will never go away. He will be on TV daily after he leaves office.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:48:47 pm »
What a bunch of BS. He will never go away. He will be on TV daily after he leaves office.

You're right, flowers.

We'll definitely have to keep the mute button at the ready even after he leaves office.

He's a god in the eyes of the media........ and his own..........and he's not going away.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:08 pm »
Or worse.

Could you imagine Supreme Court Justice Obama? Or any other "power behind the throne" position?

Despots do not give up power simply because of term limits.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:34:24 am »
jmyrle wrote above:
[[ Could you imagine Supreme Court Justice obama? ]]

Not worried about this.

A Supreme Court justice actually has to do something now and then, such as write an opinion.

Can you imagine obama trying to do that?

obama would be as visible in his tenure on the Court, as he was during his time at Columbia!

Addendum:
Do you think the other justices will let Valerie Jarrett sit in during the deliberations??  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:35:51 am by Fishrrman »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:38:13 am »

Good thing I don't have a TV these days. I remember the Clinton years, always reaching for that remote and the mute button.