Author Topic: Obama White House Legal Counsel Just Met With Hillary Clinton Legal Team  (Read 941 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dcwhispers.com/whispers-obama-white-house-legal-counsel-just-met-with-hillary-clinton-legal-team/

WHISPERS: Obama White House Legal Counsel Just Met With Hillary Clinton Legal Team
Posted on September 7, 2015 by DCWhispers   

Whispers are now swirling via several D.C. sources regarding a (very) recent “off the reservation” meeting between Obama White House Counsel staff and representatives of Hillary Clinton’s own legal team.

The timing of said meeting, given Mrs. Clinton’s own increasing legal troubles, is said to be raising more than a few questions among political power brokers.

Above: Warren Eggleston is Barack Obama’s current White House Counsel, having taken that position in 2014. He is as politically connected as any figure in national politics including considerable involvement in defending the administration of Bill Clinton following President Clinton’s last-minute pardon of fugitive financier Mark Rich. Eggleston has a formidable record of successfully pushing back against potential legal challenges for a myriad of powerful politicians.

Casual followers of D.C. politics are likely unaware that Eggleston was among the primary facilitators of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s prosecution. Mr. Eggleston was at that time the lawyer for then-Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel who himself was a former Clinton administration operative.

Emanuel emerged from that scandal largely unscathed. Blagojevich went to prison.

When Warren Eggleston was initially chosen by Valerie Jarrett to act as the Obama White House’s primary legal counsel in 2014, some were suggesting it was a move brokered exclusively by Obama/Jarrett and the Clintons. Both parties suspected “significant legal challenges” awaited them and Eggleston was among a very few individuals trusted by both Obama/Jarrett and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

This leads to the now-rumored meeting between operatives from the Obama White House Legal Counsel and legal representatives from the Clinton Machine. Will Eggleston’s loyalties reside exclusively with Obama/Jarrett, or will he continue working to find a resolution equitable to both his current boss and his former one?

UPDATE: Word is now circulating that members of the president’s White House Legal Counsel met (off the record) with staff for both Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner.

Negotiations?

DEVELOPING…

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:29:59 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama White House Legal Counsel Just Met With Hillary Clinton Legal Team
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:47 pm »
UPDATE: Word is now circulating that members of the president’s White House Legal Counsel met (off the record) with staff for both Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner.

Negotiations?

That just figures, doesn't it!.....a deal to let Hillary off the hook again.....big BIG mistake re electing McConnell!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »
Nothing to do with the actual story (and everything to do with the actual story):

raising more than a few questions among political power brokers.

Is it just me, or is that a phrase that simply should not exist?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 06:25:41 pm »
There are times I would love to be a very mobile fly on the wall.

I would love if they glossed over this. Nothing better than a very damaged Hillary being the nominee.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:36:23 pm »
Nothing to do with the actual story (and everything to do with the actual story):

Is it just me, or is that a phrase that simply should not exist?

What would you have in their place?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:55:37 pm »
Voters?

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 10:00:51 pm »
That just figures, doesn't it!.....a deal to let Hillary off the hook again.....big BIG mistake re electing McConnell!!!

Come on sheesh...

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 01:18:34 am »
Voters?

The voters haven't gone any where, so you can't beg off on that.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 08:27:31 am »
Then show me where they are. How their influence matters and how they are, in fact, the political power brokers of the system.
Because they should be. Only the voters should be the power brokers. No one else.

I find it distasteful that people can, without standing for office, being elected or indeed often being named, have far more influence on the state and direction of the country than elected officials or those whom they supposedly represent. Professional politicians are bad enough and were never intended. Professional political leeches should be stamped out.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:37 am »

I knew that Hitlery's illegal actions were somehow McConnell's fault.  Matt Bevin tried to warn us about Mitch, but I couldn't hear him over all those screeching chickens.

I bet McConnell even gave Hitlery $100,000 just like Washington outsider Donald Trump.  McConnell's a dick.