Author Topic: Austria to revoke measures that let migrants cross from Hungary  (Read 386 times)

Offline Paladin

Austria to revoke measures that let migrants cross from Hungary
« on: September 07, 2015, 04:07:41 am »
Interesting. I wonder how this is going to impact what looks like an out of control situation.

"Austria said on Sunday it planned to end emergency measures that have allowed thousands of refugees stranded in Hungary into Austria and Germany since Saturday morning.

Austria had suspended its random border checks after photographs of a Syrian toddler lying dead on a Turkish beach showed Europeans the horror faced by those desperate enough to travel illegally into the heart of Europe, which is deeply divided over how to cope.

After 71 people suffocated in the back of a truck abandoned on an Austrian highway en route from Hungary, and as thousands headed from Budapest toward Austria on foot, Vienna had agreed with Germany to waive rules requiring refugees to register an asylum claim in the first EU country they reach.

Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann said that decision was being revised following "intensive talks" with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and a telephone call with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, bitterly opposed to the waiver.

"We have always said this is an emergency situation in which we must act quickly and humanely. We have helped more than 12,000 people in an acute situation," Faymann said.

"Now we have to move step-by-step away from emergency measures toward normality, in conformity with the law and dignity."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/06/us-europe-migrants-hungary-idUSKCN0R40FO20150906
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Austria to revoke measures that let migrants cross from Hungary
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:43:58 am »
How about if Austria, Hungary, Germany, Italy and any other European country round them up and hold them on board ships, pending notification from the Arab/muslim countries as to where to send the muslims among them,  back to?

I knew a Palestinian Christian and he had a unique tattoo on his hand. There must be some good ways to sort them. If in doubt, send them back.

Turkey, Egypt being two prime contenders. Let Christians, Jews, other non-muslims into Europe.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln