Author Topic: Colin Powell: I used two computers at State  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colin Powell: I used two computers at State
« on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/252863-colin-powell-i-used-two-computers-at-state

By Scott Wong - 09/06/15 11:35 AM EDT

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Sunday he used two computers while leading the department, one for transmitting sensitive material and another for emailing “housekeeping stuff.”

“I had a secure State Department machine for secure material and I had a laptop that I could use for email. I would email relatives, friends, but I would also email in the department,” Powell explained on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“But it was mostly housekeeping stuff -- what’s the status of this paper, what’s going on here.”

Powell, a Republican who served in the George W. Bush administration, has spoken before about his two computers, and said he wrote an entire chapter about it in his book.

But questions about Powell’s private email setup came as another former secretary of State, Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, has struggled to answer questions about why she used a private email account while conducting official business.

Powell wouldn’t say whether it was inappropriate for Clinton to be sending work emails -- some of which were later determined to contain classified information -- from a private account. He noted that the State inspector general and FBI are looking into the matter, and that Clinton and her top aides are testifying before Congress.

“It’s best for me to talk about what I know and not what occurred under Secretary Clinton’s jurisdiction,” Powell said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34