Author Topic: Jail Time vs. Suspension  (Read 2176 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Jail Time vs. Suspension
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 11:13:04 pm »
My solution is to FOLLOW the Constitution and impeach every single federal judge who refuses to do that!

LOL!  Yeah, that'll work.

The judges are following Supreme Court rulings.  The precedent for that is at least 200 years old.

Congress is not going to waste its time impeaching federal judges for adhering to Supreme Court rulings.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 11:16:00 pm »
LOL!  Yeah, that'll work.

The judges are following Supreme Court rulings.  The precedent for that is at least 200 years old.

Congress is not going to waste its time impeaching federal judges for adhering to Supreme Court rulings.

They are?  Well how did we get from "no substantial federal question" just a few years ago to law of the land by judicial fiat today?  Same Constitution in both cases!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18:12 pm »
So they gay couples did not complain.  No one's rights were violated if no one complained.

Yes, and why do you suppose the left didn't target these Muslim bakeries like they targeted Christian bakeries?  I know you're not naive enough to think that these Christian bakeries weren't purposely selected by the Homofascist faction of the left.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:20:11 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 11:21:07 pm »
Yes, and why do you suppose the left didn't target these Muslim bakeries like they targeted Christian bakeries?  I know you're not naive.

Why did none of these gay couples complain? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 11:25:49 pm »
Why did none of these gay couples complain?

Because the Homofascist liberals don't target Muslims.  It's funny that you think this was some sort of organic movement.  Here in Oregon, the state government was colloborating  with the Homo groups long before this small bakery was targeted, fined, and then forced to give the "victims" $135,000, too.

I'm not a Christion, but it's obvious that solely Christian bakeries were targeted by the left and their media.  I'll leave it to you and Dexter to figure out why that would be.  It should be obvious to everybody else.  When our prissy president goes to Nigeria and scolds the Christians there about gay marriage while ignoring Boko Harem, while at the same time is negotiating with Iran, where gays are executed for simply being gay, things become undeniable.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:28:30 pm by Carling »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 01:14:36 am »
Dexter wrote above:
[[ If Kim was a Muslim she would still be in jail right now. ]]

Wrong, of course.

The corrected version:
If Kim was a Muslim, the two homosexuals who chose to make an example of her would have gone somewhere else with their agenda.
They would NEVER have dared raise their case against a muslim.

Only Christians need apply for that cross.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »
This is far from over.  There are at least two states that have laws allowing employees with religious objection to refuse service to same sex couples and it appears that refusal to service same sex couple is happening in other counties despite the Supreme Court ruling.

North Carolina and Utah Laws Allow Clerks to Refuse Same-Sex Marriages

While Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk Kim Davis is in jail for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, more than 30 magistrates in North Carolina have legally refused to perform weddings for gay couples.

As CBN reports, almost immediately after the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage nationwide, the North Carolina legislature passed a law allowing state officials to opt out of performing all marriages.

The law in North Carolina was specifically written for court officials with religious objections to gay marriage. Its sponsor, Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger said, “It’s keeping folks from having to choose between their job and their religious beliefs.”

“I think that’s important,” he added. “I think the law is working very well.”

Similarly, in Utah, Gov. Gary Herbert (R) signed a bill in March allowing state officials to refuse to marry any couples, including same-sex couples, for religious reasons.

As the Associated Press reported, the law requires a county clerk’s office to appoint someone else to marry all couples if a clerk opts out of performing a marriage...

https://a4cgr.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/02-1691/

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAY_MARRIAGE_NORTH_CAROLINA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/09/05/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-license-religious-freedom/71770124/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Godzilla

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 03:41:10 pm »
This is far from over.  There are at least two states that have laws allowing employees with religious objection to refuse service to same sex couples and it appears that refusal to service same sex couple is happening in other counties despite the Supreme Court ruling.

North Carolina and Utah Laws Allow Clerks to Refuse Same-Sex Marriages

While Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk Kim Davis is in jail for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, more than 30 magistrates in North Carolina have legally refused to perform weddings for gay couples.

As CBN reports, almost immediately after the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage nationwide, the North Carolina legislature passed a law allowing state officials to opt out of performing all marriages.

The law in North Carolina was specifically written for court officials with religious objections to gay marriage. Its sponsor, Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger said, “It’s keeping folks from having to choose between their job and their religious beliefs.”

“I think that’s important,” he added. “I think the law is working very well.”

Similarly, in Utah, Gov. Gary Herbert (R) signed a bill in March allowing state officials to refuse to marry any couples, including same-sex couples, for religious reasons.

As the Associated Press reported, the law requires a county clerk’s office to appoint someone else to marry all couples if a clerk opts out of performing a marriage...

https://a4cgr.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/02-1691/

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAY_MARRIAGE_NORTH_CAROLINA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/09/05/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-license-religious-freedom/71770124/

Needless to say, those laws still mandate that services are still provided by the business, institution, government office.  So, Kim Davis would still be in jail in those states as she ordered her clerk office and all its workers to refuse service.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:41:29 pm by Godzilla »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 04:07:20 pm »
Needless to say, those laws still mandate that services are still provided by the business, institution, government office.  So, Kim Davis would still be in jail in those states as she ordered her clerk office and all its workers to refuse service.

Needless to say, the point still remains that Kim Davis' 1st Amendment rights are still being violated.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Godzilla

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 07:14:31 pm »
Needless to say, the point still remains that Kim Davis' 1st Amendment rights are still being violated.

How?  She is still free to practice her religion and still free to say what she wants.  Her freedom of movement is restricted as she continues to try and deny others their 1st Amendment rights.

Offline Carling

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 07:18:23 pm »
How?  She is still free to practice her religion and still free to say what she wants.  Her freedom of movement is restricted as she continues to try and deny others their 1st Amendment rights.

Should officials in "sanctuary cities" be jailed for not adhering to federal immigration laws if the direct result is IS citizens being victimized?

Kate Steinle dies and nothing happens.  Some clerk doesn't want to issue gay marriage licenses and so-called "conservatives" like you can't agree more with her being jailed.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:25:26 pm by Carling »

Godzilla

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »
Should officials in "sanctuary cities" be jailed for not adhering to federal immigration laws if the direct result is IS citizens being victimized?

Kate Steinle dies and nothing happens.  Some clerk doesn't want to issue gay marriage licenses and so-called "conservatives" like you can't agree more with her being jailed.

Had she not directed her staff not to do so as well... and let them process the licenses while she did not... I doubt anything would have ever happened to her.  She active injected herself into the process to stop some peoples from enjoying the same rights as others.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »
"Had she not directed her staff not to do so as well... and let them process the licenses while she did not... I doubt anything would have ever happened to her.  She active injected herself into the process to stop some peoples from enjoying the same rights as others"

That is not an answer to Carling's question: "Should officials in "sanctuary cities" be jailed for not adhering to federal immigration laws if the direct result is IS citizens being victimized?"
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 07:41:33 pm »
This is far from over.

Damn right it is!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:41:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 07:48:53 pm »
"Had she not directed her staff not to do so as well... and let them process the licenses while she did not... I doubt anything would have ever happened to her.  She active injected herself into the process to stop some peoples from enjoying the same rights as others"

That is not an answer to Carling's question: "Should officials in "sanctuary cities" be jailed for not adhering to federal immigration laws if the direct result is IS citizens being victimized?"

You did see the OP, right?  It had two parts, two independent topics.

And the first paragraph looks to be desperate attempt to divert attention away from the topic.

Offline Carling

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 07:56:21 pm »
You did see the OP, right?  It had two parts, two independent topics.

And the first paragraph looks to be desperate attempt to divert attention away from the topic.

So some federal laws matter more than others.  For you, not issuing gay marriage licenses is worthy of being jailed, and harboring and protecting illegal aliens who then commit violent crimes is not.

Got it.

Your mask is slipping.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:57:10 pm by Carling »

Godzilla

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »
So some federal laws matter more than others.  For you, not issuing gay marriage licenses is worthy of being jailed, and harboring and protecting illegal aliens who then commit violent crimes is not.

Got it.

Your mask is slipping.

:threadjack:

Offline Carling

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »
:threadjack:

No, this thread is about a state government worker ignoring federal law. And being jailed for it.  It's also applicable to state government managers who have their subordinates ignore federal immigration laws on deportation, which then directly leads to US citizens being  harmed.  Logically, shouldn't those managers also be jailed when the end result is citizens' rights being violated?

Why won't you answer the question? 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:38:25 pm by Carling »

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 09:38:35 pm »

If they end up being held in contempt of court, then that would be a possibility.  Other than that, if the statutes themselves don't provide for that then the answer is no.  This lawless little twit of a county clerk is in jail for contempt of court.

Offline Carling

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »

If they end up being held in contempt of court, then that would be a possibility.  Other than that, if the statutes themselves don't provide for that then the answer is no.  This lawless little twit of a county clerk is in jail for contempt of court.

Got it.  So you accept the anti-Christian lobby deliberately targeting Christians, while at the same time ignoring courts throwing out cases against government workers who ignore immigration laws.

There is a strong anti-Christian sentiment in this country, and I see many so-called "conservatives" following these liberal groups and their selective outrage. 

It's a bit frightening to me.  Even some members of this board have gone strongly anti-Christian over the past year.  It's getting hard to tell the difference between their arguments compared to what I read on DailyKos.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:46:04 pm by Carling »

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2015, 09:49:52 pm »
Got it.  So you accept the anti-Christian lobby deliberately targeting Christians, while at the same time ignoring courts throwing out cases against government workers who ignore immigration laws.

There is a strong anti-Christian sentiment in this country, and I see many so-called "conservatives" following these liberal groups and their selective outrage. 

It's a bit frightening to me.  Even some members of this board have gone strongly anti-Christian over the past year.  It's getting hard to tell the difference between their arguments compared to what I read on DailyKos.

Not at all.  You're putting words into my mouth that I neither said and that my own statements do not commit me to.  Ms. Davis is in jail for a very specific reason:  she was ordered to follow the law in carrying out her government office and she refused.  The punishment for that is imprisonment for contempt of court. 

Offline Carling

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2015, 09:55:00 pm »

Not at all.  You're putting words into my mouth that I neither said and that my own statements do not commit me to.  Ms. Davis is in jail for a very specific reason:  she was ordered to follow the law in carrying out her government office and she refused.  The punishment for that is imprisonment for contempt of court.

I didn't mean to imply you.  Quite to the contrary, I agree with you in this specific case.  My larger point is that this is only happening to Christians, and it's a deliberate by the far left.

I'm agnostic, fwiw, and many posters know this about me.  I tend to look at these things from a social-engineering 30k level, and at times do consider an anecdotal case such as this a very small part of a much larger problem.  It's how my brain works, and I didn't mean to insult you!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 10:22:36 pm »
I do not feel there is an anti-Christian movement or attitude. Instead many are fed up with the assumption that Christians are entitled to push their beliefs on everybody.

This clerk is a good example.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2015, 10:46:34 pm »
I do not feel there is an anti-Christian movement or attitude. Instead many are fed up with the assumption that Christians are entitled to push their beliefs on everybody.

This clerk is a good example.

You contradicted yourself.  Do you believe homosexuals should be allowed to force their beliefs on the rest of us?  I agree with them,by the way, but not of their tactics.

How about Muslims?

Transgenders?

Is the line between liberalism and libertarianism eroding, with a vague anti-Christian belief (which you have,even if you don't accept it) being the common denominator?

Godzilla

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:40 pm »
You contradicted yourself.  Do you believe homosexuals should be allowed to force their beliefs on the rest of us?  I agree with them,by the way, but not of their tactics.

How about Muslims?

Transgenders?

Is the line between liberalism and libertarianism eroding, with a vague anti-Christian belief (which you have,even if you don't accept it) being the common denominator?

Non sequitur.  Not wishing to be subject to the beliefs of Christians is not support of a 'gay agenda', or a muslim one.